Bank of the West

www.bankofthewest.com
Employer Engaged

Bank of the West Finance Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of the West in October 2011.

It was efficient and professional.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of the West

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of the West in June 2011.

The interview process started very smoothly with weekly touch points to keep moving forward based on the outcome of phone, round 1, round 2 and round 3 interviews. After that it was the most pathetic display of decision making as background and even reference checks being made but no decision being made. The Recruiting team was not aware of interviews being held and then the team was offsite for travel. The entire process kept the candidate hanging with the decision. Bank kept on with the interviewing process with more and more candidates and with law of averages, one will find some one with equal or 100% match, it was like some body performing a stress test to see how far the percentages can align.

With this environment where decision making takes for ever, no candidate in a right frame of mind will wait and then join as you will be subjected to the same in your job too. Extreme sense of urgency was communicated from the start with deadlines laid out for milestones in process but was of no good with the poor decision making.

People are with the Bank for ever and are very close minded with little to no acceptance to the new and fresh talent with wide variety of experience and expertise. There was clear disconnect among the team members and one could sense extreme politically inclined environment.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a non banking background how well can i align my experience with the role and its responsibilities?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West in January 2009.

Very informal and friendly process. Initial contact was with hiring manager. Follow up with his boss and his boss' boss. Most questions were about my background and philosophies in my area of expertise. Also detailed descriptions about the environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you implemented x (which is what I was being considered to do at BOW)...   Answer Question
    • How do you build consensus, gain buy in, influence others, cope with politics, build relationships with cross functional business partners...   Answer Question
    I said what I wanted, I was given an offer with lower title and money, I stood my ground on money.