Bank of the West

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Teller
Rosemead, CA

I interviewed at Bank of the West in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview questions were straightforward and simple. Interviewers were very nice and welcoming. I was asked about the contents on my resume; focused on my previous sales/ customer service job. I was interviewed by both the recruiter and the branch manager.

Interview Question – How did you handle a disgruntled customer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Financial Analyst IV

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an e-mail response from HR to fill out application. Then received a call to schedule an interview. First meet with the hiring manager, lasted aprox an hour. Following week was called back to meet with the division manager. A week later got the offer. The background check was the longest process. Overall it took a month from interview to confirmed offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your accomplishments in each job held.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter handled all negotiations, was an easy process.

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Assistant Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview from HR then could be anywhere from one to three interviews in the branch depending on how many candidates there are and how well they think you will fit with the other branch employees. I interviewed quite awhile ago and wasn't required to interview for my promotion, I was offered it based on my performance and because my branch staff was already familiar with my qualifications.

Interview Question – This depends on each branch.. There isn't a set list of questions that they have to use.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Assistant Vice President Interview

Branch Manager Assistant Vice President

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview Details – It takes forever! It feels like you have to interview with everyperson that works for the bank. It seems as though the background process shouldn't take so long but it does. HR/Recruter is nice

Interview Question – lots of "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question

Vice President, Finance Interview

Vice President, Finance
San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of the West in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Communication was via email (using a networking site) and after 2 phone screening interviews, I was brought on onsite interviews. This bank likes all the prospective team members to meet/interview the candidate likely to come into the team - even if they are senior/junior.

Interview Question – Interestingly, based on my resume and the ex-manager reference, I was not asked a single technical question - but that has been standard as my resume is very technical for the kind of role I perfrom   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR person called up to offer the position and the base pay. They accepted my counter after 3 hours and all the additional compensation details were provided along.

Financial Services Officer Interview

Financial Services Officer
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of the West in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was promoted to this title after returning to the bank from Wells Fargo Bank in Las Vegas, NV

Negotiation Details – I was offered 36K base pay plus benefits and participation in the SIP or Sales Incentive Program to return.

Very Easy Interview

Summer Intern In LA Or SF Interview

Summer Intern In LA Or SF

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview Details – first round campus onsite interview, 2 interviewees VS 2 interviewers, I was not contacted after the first round so I don't know the latter hiring process.

Interview Question – very general questions: 3min self intro, describe the accomplishment you are most proud of, why your background fits the job, do you need visa sponsorship in the future? ...   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of the West in March 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very smooth and rapid. I applied on a Friday and by the following week I had an interview and an offer, pending background check.

Interview Question – Role play an interaction with a non-customer   Answer Question

FSC Interview

FSC
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of the West in May 2012.

Interview Details – met with Branch manager then a second interview by phone with Area Manager

Negotiation Details – on the phone with HR. they usally will low ball the offer and come up a bit.

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of the West.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a Vice President and a Senior Vice President.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with someone with a challenging personality.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of the West? Contribute to the Community!