Bank of the West Interview Questions in San Ramon, CA

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.9

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two rounds interview. One with the managers and the other with the director. For the interview with the manager, they hardly ask any question. Basically they were telling me the benefits of the internship in the whole process, and then answered your questions in the last couple minutes. Totally stress free. For the interview with the director, the first 15 minutes is basically the same as the first round. For the second half, he came with the mix of behavior questions and questions about your interest about the position/industry.

Vice President, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

3 rounds plus HR screening. Took a few months but both sides had scheduling difficulties. Moderately difficult but interesting interview and I was impressed with the people that I spoke with.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and had an interview with HR, phone interview with VP, and then interview with 3 people on-site. I failed one of the rounds of on-site interview where the interviewer tried to do everything to make me feel uncomfortable and asked the same question for 5 times.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Bank recruiter representative called to set up an interview 2 weeks after I applied online. The interview when well enough. I interviewed with 3 managers and they seem friendly and knowledgeable enough. The downside is that getting a response back from the VP of their recruiting department. Called and emailed this VP (who was supposed to be the main contact!) multiple times for a feedback but no response until 2.5 months! He finally mentioned that I was no longer being considered. 2.5 months! Wow great job representing BOTW!

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview panel was very professional, however the HR person was not very good in coordination.
    My Advice for future candidates, wear a suite for inperson interview.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual design question to which there is not black and white answer.   Answer Question

Vice President, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial Communication was via email (using a networking site) and after 2 phone screening interviews, I was brought on onsite interviews. This bank likes all the prospective team members to meet/interview the candidate likely to come into the team - even if they are senior/junior.

Interview Questions

• Interestingly, based on my resume and the ex-manager reference, I was not asked a single technical question - but that has been standard as my resume is very technical for the kind of role I perfrom   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR person called up to offer the position and the base pay. They accepted my counter after 3 hours and all the additional compensation details were provided along.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Pre interview with employees of department prior to seeing manager once out of personnel

Interview Questions

• Detail about your technical achievement in your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume online through website. Was contacted to attend one-on-one interview at their office, with the hiring manager. After a one hour interview which went very well, his closing comments included the statement that "of all my candidates, you are absolutely at the top of my list. I will be contacting you.". . . I never heard from him again. I contacted HR three times to find out the status of the position, they never returned a single call. The only way I knew the position was either filled or closed, was by checking their website.

Interview Questions

• Questions posed were general and position related   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was efficient and professional.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West (San Ramon, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Four panel interview, approximately 30 min per person. Of the four that I interviewed with, one was the executive manager of the department for which I was interviewing. The others were executive managers with whom I had limited interaction once hired.

Interview Questions

• What other opportunities would you like to explore outside of accounting and reporting?   Answer Question