Bank of the West Interview Questions in San Ramon, CA

Updated Oct 7, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West.

I applied through LinkedIn and had an interview with HR, phone interview with VP, and then interview with 3 people on-site. I failed one of the rounds of on-site interview where the interviewer tried to do everything to make me feel uncomfortable and asked the same question for 5 times.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of the West.

Bank recruiter representative called to set up an interview 2 weeks after I applied online. The interview when well enough. I interviewed with 3 managers and they seem friendly and knowledgeable enough. The downside is that getting a response back from the VP of their recruiting department. Called and emailed this VP (who was supposed to be the main contact!) multiple times for a feedback but no response until 2.5 months! He finally mentioned that I was no longer being considered. 2.5 months! Wow great job representing BOTW!

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West in January 2013.

Interview panel was very professional, however the HR person was not very good in coordination.
    My Advice for future candidates, wear a suite for inperson interview.

Interview Questions
    • Conceptual design question to which there is not black and white answer.   Answer Question

Vice President, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West in November 2012.

Initial Communication was via email (using a networking site) and after 2 phone screening interviews, I was brought on onsite interviews. This bank likes all the prospective team members to meet/interview the candidate likely to come into the team - even if they are senior/junior.

Interview Questions
    • Interestingly, based on my resume and the ex-manager reference, I was not asked a single technical question - but that has been standard as my resume is very technical for the kind of role I perfrom   Answer Question
    The HR person called up to offer the position and the base pay. They accepted my counter after 3 hours and all the additional compensation details were provided along.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of the West.

Pre interview with employees of department prior to seeing manager once out of personnel

Interview Questions
    • Detail about your technical achievement in your resume   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West in May 2012.

Submitted resume online through website. Was contacted to attend one-on-one interview at their office, with the hiring manager. After a one hour interview which went very well, his closing comments included the statement that "of all my candidates, you are absolutely at the top of my list. I will be contacting you.". . . I never heard from him again. I contacted HR three times to find out the status of the position, they never returned a single call. The only way I knew the position was either filled or closed, was by checking their website.

Interview Questions
    • Questions posed were general and position related   View Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of the West in October 2011.

It was efficient and professional.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of the West in September 2011.

Four panel interview, approximately 30 min per person. Of the four that I interviewed with, one was the executive manager of the department for which I was interviewing. The others were executive managers with whom I had limited interaction once hired.

Interview Questions
    • What other opportunities would you like to explore outside of accounting and reporting?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of the West in June 2011.

The interview process started very smoothly with weekly touch points to keep moving forward based on the outcome of phone, round 1, round 2 and round 3 interviews. After that it was the most pathetic display of decision making as background and even reference checks being made but no decision being made. The Recruiting team was not aware of interviews being held and then the team was offsite for travel. The entire process kept the candidate hanging with the decision. Bank kept on with the interviewing process with more and more candidates and with law of averages, one will find some one with equal or 100% match, it was like some body performing a stress test to see how far the percentages can align.

With this environment where decision making takes for ever, no candidate in a right frame of mind will wait and then join as you will be subjected to the same in your job too. Extreme sense of urgency was communicated from the start with deadlines laid out for milestones in process but was of no good with the poor decision making.

People are with the Bank for ever and are very close minded with little to no acceptance to the new and fresh talent with wide variety of experience and expertise. There was clear disconnect among the team members and one could sense extreme politically inclined environment.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a non banking background how well can i align my experience with the role and its responsibilities?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of the West in April 2011.

My resume was submitted by a recruiter. I did a phone interview with a potential colleague. I passed & was moved on to to do interviews with 4 more people in the same day, one on one, which included the hiring manager, another manager in the same Finance department, another manager in accounting department, and another manager. Apparently I didn't pass the test during my 2nd interview & I saw him shake his head as I was passed on to the 3rd interviewer. I guess this gave him the pass to not be nice to me. During the interview he mentioned that looks like my current company does not hire talent. He also asked me specifically about someone on my floor, asking if I knew him.q The last interviewer was actually nice & courteous to me which I appreciated. Even if I didn't pass muster, please treat me with respect as I spent a whole day there trying my best and took time out of my work to go there.

Interview Questions
    • How many groups are in the bank you currently work for?   View Answer
    • What version of excel does your company use?   Answer Question