Banker's Toolbox

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

I applied online and interviewed at Banker's Toolbox.

Interview Details – Met with CEO only. Never met my boss until after I was given an offer.

Negotiation Details – Simple. Straight forward. Win'/Win

Interviewed at Banker's Toolbox

Interview Details – Got three time phone interviews. One was from HR, one was from senior SE, and the other one was from manager. After that, I got the last in-person interview.

Asked me about my projects on my resume and also gave me some SQL tests and on-site tests.

Interview Question – Could you explain one of your apps to me? How did it find out if the answer was correct from what your app did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Banker's Toolbox in March 2012.

Interview Details – Flew to Austin, met with leadership, received offer

Interview Question – How to grow a company   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banker's Toolbox in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Screen->Skills Test->Group Interview

Interview Question – How would rate your knowledge of C#? Java?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Banker's Toolbox

Interview Details – Online personality test then in-person interview

Interview Question – Coding test (including SQL) before the in-person interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Banker's Toolbox.

Interview Details – They invite you to an interview after phone screen. First with management and then developers. Questions are not too hard. You are interviewed for about an hour. It seems like they just want to get to know you and whether what you had in your resume is true.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Banker's Toolbox in March 2010.

Interview Details – Obtain the interview thanks to some connection with friends. As a BS in ME, i did not have the exact matching skill set and was happy the company gave me a chance to do the interview. Their standard procedure was to do a telephone screen, then invite in for a skill test, since i was in town when they called, i did an on site skill test interview.

I surprisingly was told to be ready for a SQL test by the HR personnel, despite by the fact i did not list the language as part of my skill on my resume. I however learned it overnight and went in and took the test. The test was very abrupt and unguided, i was directed to a laptop in a closed room with a word document opened with a list of question.

The program i am suppose to use, the location of the data, nothing was informed to me, i was given the internet and manage to complete 5 of 14 question in 20 minutes. These are questions that takes more than 1 minute to answer and i do not believe anyone can finish all of it. However i realize in the middle of the interview following the test where i was interviewed by 2 personnel they were wondering if i had look over all the questions and picked the easiest to answer first.

The interview was not normal since i was not an exact match, so it was really up to me to sell myself, and i believe i did a good job with the limited experience in the area and the interviewers were very understanding.

Interview Question – Did you look over the test sheet before tackling it?   View Answer

Worked for Banker's Toolbox? Contribute to the Community!