Bankers Conseco

Updated Jul 13, 2014
Updated Jul 13, 2014

1.8

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Conseco.

First, there was a Group informational session. Then, if you had continued interest, you get a follow up call from someone in the office for either the Brooklyn or Staten Island location. Thereafter, there is a one on one interview with a manager or other supervisor for the location you prefer.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you in this position? What makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

I took another position elsewhere

Independent Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in October 2013.

I was contacted by their recruiter by e-mail and scheduled an interview via www. I then had to reschedule at the last minute but it was OK. First interview was a presentation about the company, training and type of positions available. The recruiter and the local branch manager presented. They presented well and made the prospect of joining the company very exciting. They mentioned a possibility of a six figure salaries.
     Then there was a 1:1 interview. Professional attire was required. The questions were standard: one background, reason for applying for the job, skills, strongest and weekest points. Some technical questions about one's knowledge of Brooklyn (NY) and Staten Island (NY) and one's ability to drive a car.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know Brooklyn and Staten Island, so that you can drive around to clients and sell insurance.   View Answer
    • Your strongest and weakest points.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in October 2012.

First 2 interviews are group interviews where they basically just tell you about the position. The show you a video for about 30 minutes explaining the company, and then give you a questionnaire after. You fill it out and hand it to the manager, if they like your responses, you're invited back for another group meeting. The 2nd group meeting is basically the same with another questionnaire at the end. If they like your answers to that, you'll get a face to face which lasts about 15 minutes. Not a real interview, they ask what you like about the company, then they tell you your training dates.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, no salary, only commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in September 2011.

3 step process: #1 30 min open group presentation; #2 1 hr group presentation by invitation; #3 one-on-one with Branch Mgr

None. Set commission schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in September 2011.

Invited to group presentation, filled out questionaire. Invited back to second group presentation and completed survey. That was followed up with a 1:1 with regional manager and job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see this career taking you.   View Answer
    It is a formal training program with no negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in July 2011.

I applied to Conseco on monster.com. The next day (very fast) I received a call from the company asking me to come in for an interview. They asked that I bring my resume, which i thought was strange because if they were really serious about me they would have already at credentials. The interview turned out to be a group presentation where a senior member of the company talked about the firm and the job. Although the presenter seemed like a very successful and bright man, I did not feel that this job was for me. Said that job required lots of cold calling and they don't pay for certification tests. In sum, I decided sales was not for me. However, it is clear that many people, such as the one who presented, can be very successful in this line of work. Like I said though, it is not for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in September 2010.

For more than 130 years, Bankers Life and Casualty Company has been helping individuals and families protect their financial security and prepare for retirement. Bankers serves the retirement market through a broad portfolio of affordable, quality health and life insurance products and annuities.

With over 250 offices across the country, Bankers' 4,800 career agents live and work in the communities they serve. Bankers customers have their own Bankers agent who takes the time to get to know their family, listens to their needs and values, and is dedicated to helping them meet their goals for a secure retirement.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in June 2010.

Group presentation about working with the company and all the pay incentives. They ask very little questions about your background. You are expected to pay for the training and since the job is completely commission based, you won't make money for a while and there is no guaranteed income. The company sells life insurance to seniors and you receive 50% of the first premium as compensation. Based on the Colonial Penn TV commercials (Colonial Penn is a division of Bankers), a monthly premium could be $40, which means you only get paid $20. While the mileage is tax-deductible, you provide the vehicle. So, you are basically paying for gas and vehicle use yourself. The pay structure allows them to have very little invested in your efforts making your position very disposable.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are answered following a group presentation on a sheet of paper. There is no conversation or follow-up questions.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in April 2010.

The interview was very easy and gave me an opportunity to see what this company is all about. The interview part was on paper, I answered some questions about my goals, work ethics, ect. When I was first called in there was a group of people and we were given a presentation about what the company does and how I can be successful. It gave me some good insight on what kind of people they are looking for, and what I would need to focus on to do well there. Very shortly after I attended this interview, I was called for a second interview, where I was shown another presentation, which went more into detail about working there. It also gave me more insight on what kind of job it is, and what they would expect from me. I liked how the presentation of the job was straight forward, the job itself was not "sugar coated" and I was told that it involves a lot of hard work, perseverance, and that there will be ups and downs. This gave me the impression that they are serious about finding only the right people, and that they do not hire just anybody. I was also given another paper to fill out. On the paper you are also asked if you are still interested in the job. I'm waiting to hear from them again, and I am hoping that I do because it sounds like a really good company to work for. From what I've learned about this job so far (through the presentations), this job is not for everybody, and there are things that you must be willing to do. So, overall (so far), the interviews were very informative and easy.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was all on paper as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Conseco in October 2009.

There was a one on one interview and a panel interview. Then shown a presentation video of company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your last postition/job?   View Answer
    No negotiating. Just commission based and no benefits.