Bankers Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.8

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I received a random phone call from a representative stating that my manager was interested in interviewing me. I'm glad I took a look at the previous reviews beforehand, because this not the type of position I'm looking for, especially when it's commission based and I'm just graduating from school with not a lot of money to begin with. Not much information is given in the website, nor were there any details on what to expect for this "presentation". I won't be wasting my time and gas to get there now.

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Medina, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The first two interviews were actually group presentations. Although interesting and informative, I really felt like they would 'hire' anybody. That said, you are working as a 1099 employee, so unless you have other sources of income and benefits while getting started, this is not a realistic option for a job.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Stockton, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me saying they saw my resume online and asked if I would be interested in an interview. I accepted the interview and then soon realized I was unaware of exactly the title of the job I was applying for. I showed up for the interview to be put in a room with 3 others. It seemed much more like an orientation for a job and that the people in the room most likely had the job if they wanted it. I felt overqualified being the only one in the room that had graduated from a four year college. The manager was very helpful when I talked to him one on one and he told me to really think over if this is what I wanted to be my career. He called me two days later and I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

I felt overqualified and was not interested in a sales job that was mostly paid on commission.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

It wasn't an actual interview; the first 2 "interviews" are actually presentations given to you and other candidates. I didn't apply for the job so I didn't know I was coming in for the position of Insurance Agent. It felt a little like a scam with them throwing huge figures in your face of how much money you could make and them asking you a couple times to write down the names and contact information of anyone else who would be interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you are looking for in a job?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

There were three meetings for the interview process. The first two were group interviews where they explained things about the company and the last one was one-on-one. it was not a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Testing to see if you can hold a conversation and eye contact.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

group format, about 12 other people present. Brian Johnson gave presentation. Very polished, professional presentation. Brian asked questions, applicants responded. You're being judged. Call out your response! Only a few were to be called back for a second interview I was one who was chosen. Part 2 tomorrow. To be continued.

Anonymous Employee in University Place, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (University Place, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

When I got an email about interviewing with this company I felt excited at the prospect of working at such a good job. Once I got to the interview however, it was a group presentation rather than an interview. The set up made me feel that their credibility was questionable. It started off with what seemed like a lot of sob stories and "I was down and out.." until "Bankers Life came along and now all of us who were destitute and dying are making $40,000 a year and up". It is a great concept but, I felt like I was being sold rather than selling myself to them for a job. They also let you know at the end that start up costs for the license, etc will be about $300 coming out of your wallet. Doesn't sound very legitimate to me.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Starts with a group career briefing. They follow up with a second interview. Then they decide if you get to join the staff. It may seem like an open cattle call, but it isn't. They are looking for a specific type of individual.

Interview Questions

• When things are hard and not going your way. How do you react?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Posted my resume on monster. We had a group presentation to introduce the job requirements to the 12 candidates. Then we were asked to follow up if we thought the job was for us. I got to the place thinking I was going to have a one-on-one interview. I was surprised by being part of a group interview. The Brand Agent gave us a presentation, poor presentation for my taste, to explain the duties of the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to talk a little about ourselves when we got to the place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

They target you with the first interview, and then sales pitch the job to you the 2nd "interview". It's a waste of time from the word go. They don't tell you that you'll spend every other day in the office cold calling people without getting paid. No salary, and. No draw on commissions. It's a joke. There are also required "meetings" as well. Everything you do is out of pocket and you only get paid when you sale, which is beyond less than easy. And their provides leads blow!