Bankers Life Insurance Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Calverton, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life (Calverton, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a class room setting
Where you listen to a agency manager presentation, then you're asked to fill out a questionnaire. Finally, you'll be called in for a second interview with the agency manager and you should have questions prepared, it'll last 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for a sales agent?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and they told me about the opportunity and asked me a little bit about my background. After that I was invited for a face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bankers Life (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very Nice Team,questions were easy and straight to the point,got a call for a second interview,but was tied up and could not attend.All in all,it was a nice experience..Would have loved to be part of a great company

Interview Questions

• None.you just get to chat with them and answer few questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was invited for an initial interview which consisted of a workshop/company overview. I was asked back for a second interview and got excited about the potential for being hired. When I sat down for the second interview/workshop, if you could call it that, we were told that it would cost approximately 310.00 for licensing and fingerprinting. I immediately lost all interest what so ever in the "job opportunity." Why on earth would I waste my precious time with a job I had to spend money up front on? I felt betrayed. If they had said the cost initially, I would have never wasted my time, energy, or fuel to drive the 1 hour to get there to find out I had to spend more money to even be able to work. So very disappointing. I do understand that you would need a license to sale, but it should be made clear from the beginning that you need incur the cost to acquire it, not in the second 'interview.'

Interview Questions

• What is your current financial situation? It was on a questionnaire I'm guessing for personality assessment. I'm pretty sure if it's even legal to use that kind of vernacular. I understand they can run a credit check, but to ask such a personal question is quite unethical, in my opinion only.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Interview

I received a call from someone and I was told that they found my resume online and they would like to schedule interview to discuss this opportunity. The interview was a group presentation about how much money you could make working for Bankers Life.

Interview Questions

My decision was based on the information I read about the company on the internet

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Bizarre interview process. They provided virtually no information on this job. This is just a scam to get 10-12 people in a room to give them a pitch on being insurance sales people. This was very unprofessional and I would recommend staying away from any inquiry by this company, which, by the way was never specifically identified prior to the meeting.

Interview Questions

• The moderator opened up by asking us to fill out the simple 4 quadrant personality trait grid.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life (Orlando, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after placing my resume on monster.com. It was a three tier interview in which the first two interviews were group and the third was an individual interview. The first interview was going over company history and explained what the company was about. The second went into more detail as to what the job entails. I read over reviews on glassdoor to discover that they make employees pay for leads weekly and its mandatory so after verifying this I respectfully declined the offer.

Interview Questions

No company should make their reps pay for leads. No paid training you have to pay for your own licensing and get reimbursed later.

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Campbell, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who has invited me for an interview and presentation. At first I was briefly interviewed by the branch manager, than went through the presentation, and afterwords another interview and a questionnaire about my expectations and impression of the position and the company.
    Overall seems like a nice place, people are nice and the working environment seems pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what is my deepest concern about the company/position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

interviewed at Bankers Life (Brea, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied to a position posted on Monster; they called me after seeing my resume on Monster. They set up a meeting with me and about 6 other people. They asked some basic questions about everyone (What is your current employment? Do you speak any other languages?) and had a lengthy presentation (about an hour and a half). The presentation mostly just talked about your earnings potential at the company. If you want to know about more than just money, it won't be very interesting. (If you read the pamphlets they give you when you first enter, you'll already know about the monetary incentives they present about anyway.)

After the presentation they asked everyone who was not interested in the position to leave because they were only interested in "serious" candidates. I left after that.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The requested that I come in for an interview after they saw my resume on Monster.com. It was a group interview with about 7 other people. The majority of the interview (a little over an hour) was a presentation given by one of their sales agents. She spoke about the earning potential of the commission based position and discussed the opportunities for advancement within the company. Then we were asked to only stay and complete the interview process if we were seriously interested. The sales representative and her district manager asked us questions about our experience and we each took turns answering.