Bankers Life

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

1.9

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bankers Life.

The first interview was a group presentation, they give you a lot of info about the company but nothing was said about compensation. I've been called for a second one but i did not go.

I'm not ready to work 100% commission

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

The interview and hiring process seems to be pretty straight forward. If you are reasonably presentable and seem like you can relate to potential customers to make a sale, you'll get hired. And, why not? The more salespeople they have the more money they make.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really a lot of questions.
      What motivates you? Why are you interested, etc?

View Answer

I was uncomfortable with the idea that they hire almost everyone.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Interview was great. The interviewer was kind and personable. They went over all the possibilities and made the job sound fun but realistic. All questions were covered and answered during the interview.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life.

I met with a very nice gentleman. He was straight and to the point about what the job position would consist of; on the job training, site to site traveling in my own transportation and getting my license through the state.

Interview Questions
    • What do I want to know about the company?   View Answer

No transportation. I am invited back when I get my transportation. I could not pay for the class either. That did not make me feel as if things were going to be on the up and up. I went through all of their testing and filled out all paperwork so when I come back I will be ready to start. It is an awesome position and training, though very detail-oriented, will be the only difficult part.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Life in January 2015.

Was pretty much hounded by a few people at this company for a group interview.
    Finally made for one and it was just a presentation about how much money you could make and how wonderful they treat their agents. Position was commission only.
    Filled out a questionnaire and was asked if I knew anyone who would be interested in their products.
    I answered "no" and was never contacted again. Pretty sure they used us to get some potential clients.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Did my application on a career site, was hounded by a recruiter for a few days, finally called her to set up an interview only to get sent to voicemail and then emailed later that she received my e and still wants to say up an interview Emaile only read reviews on company and decided to decline the offer.

Based upon the fact that I didn't talk to anyone and the reviews weren't great

Insurance Agent 1099 Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Initial contact by phone; the first person I spoke to on the phone was very pleasant-invited to the first interview, which was a group interview of about 8 people. Contacted about the 2nd interview, which was also a group interview of 5 people who were 'culled' from the various group interviews, which were low key & primarily informative & 'Q & A.' Third interview was a 'one on one' with a different manager; everyone I met was quite friendly 'non-aggressive.' Company has reputation for supportive training.

Interview Questions
    • Was actually not asked any questions that would 'stump' you-they were more interested in giving you their information as well as wanting to know what you wanted out of this position.   Answer Question

No reason relating to the company itself; simply a personal decision to go in a different direction professionally.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I got a call from some lady asking me questions about my background in business. I asked her to repeat a question about me having a sales background and she just acted like I answered it. She immediately said that Bankers Life would like to interview me even though I didn't answer one of her questions relating to if I have a sales background. She offered me about 4 or 5 different places and times. I had to choose the latest one which was over a half hour away because the one that took place in the town next to mine was when I was scheduled to work. No big deal, just a little disappointing. I should have realized something was wrong but went along with it.She made it sound like I was going to have a one-on-one interview.

When I showed up for my "interview" which was now called a meeting, I realized something was up. I was told to go to a room which already have some hopeful applicants in it. The manager comes into the room and starts showing everyone a PowerPoint presentation. He immediately tells us we are the best of the best as they are very picky about who they interview. He kept mentioning how great the job is and telling us that we could get a job at MetLife right now if we wanted to. He kept taking little digs at MetLife like the company did something wrong to him. He went over the target demographic(the elderly) and pretty much everything about the job. He kept mentioning you'd need about $300 for insurance test and licensing. There were a few weird points. He kept asking questions but said no one should answer them. He also mentioned that if we were just here for money, we should leave. He said the money is good but that isn't what this job is about. He then proceeded to show everyone 3 slides on how much money we could make at Bankers Life. He constantly talked about giant bonuses even though he mentioned how the money wasn't the important thing. He openly admitted that they do door-to-door sales. He talked about how Bankers Life has a long training program and tried to make it seem like no other company does any training after two weeks. He kept saying that other companies would help you get accumulated after two weeks which made me question if he ever worked for another company. He then said that he wanted up to fill out this form which asks our names and basic information but also includes of a "test" where you check off what others think or you and what you think of yourself. He told us that some will be weeded out if they fail even though people can easily lie and give the answers that the manager wants to hear. He also said we will be called the next day and interviewed a second time if accepted on Friday. There is also a question on the form where it asks for you to recommend someone you think would like this job including giving that person's email and phone number. Remember how he told everyone they were the best of the best and Bankers Life is very picky? I guess they are picky unless someone at a "meeting",who Bankers Life just met, recommends someone else. I finished the test and on the way out, wanted to ask the manager a question. He immediately looks at me and says that will be handled in the second interview. I'm sorry but I usually want ask some questions so I get a better feel before I decide to commit to a second interview. I understands he needs a test to determine my value, it should be fair if I could at least ask something so I that can make an informed decision about whether to accept a second interview.

I received a phone call the next day while I was at work. He didn't tell me if I had been accepted for a second interview or not, but asked me to call him back. I quickly returned his call only to be met with his voicemail. I made two more calls within two hours as I would prefer to talk in person before leaving a voicemail. My call was returned two days later with no apology, but he said I was accepted for a second interview. This was the same day he previously said he would be doing second interviews. I guess that was a lie. He then told me he had two days for me to interview and both were in the morning(I'm a seasonal worker, missing a day means my job). I informed him I work during those hours and that I can't miss a day. He met my reply with informing me that he only wants to do morning interviews and that I have to take a risk if I want this job completely ignoring how he said that he held the "meeting" I attended at night because of people with morning jobs. He was also very rude on the phone. If you make the initial meeting flexible, you should make the other interviews flexible as well. It is unrealistic to ask for someone to risk their job and sole source of income especially if that income would be needed to pay for the insurance test and licensing, just for an opportunity which that person couldn't take because they couldn't take the test.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have money to pay for the insurance test and licensing?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life.

I have applied via Indeed.com. I was contacted few weeks later for an interview schedule. They also sent me an email a day before the said interview, to remind me of the adress and the hour of the appointment.
    I was a bit supprised because there it was a presentation of the company by the Unit Sales Manager. It was a briliant presentation, I learned a lot about the job and the career process, as well as the salaries.
    At the end they gave us a survey to fill, it wasabout the presentation. they say they wwould decide of wether they will call us or not depending on our responses to the survey's questions.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Short phone interview and one face to face interview. I called an ad that was ran in the paper. I talked with the main branch manager and was invited in for a face to face interview with him and another manager. They called me later that day and offered the job.

None