Bankers Life

1.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bankers Life.

This is NOT an individual interview. Many other participants; "conference interview" with no one-on-one. I do not recommend this very much. I saw many people having the same experience as I had, this seems like their regular recruiting process.

Did Not Know Interview

Please be here 15-20 minutes early and please allow up to 2 hours for your meeting process. The dress code for the interview is professional "business attire". I encourage you to bring a recent copy of your resume and prepare a list of your questions. The manager will meet with you one on one after you see the Bankers Life company overview. Please inform me if you cannot make it to your interview so that I can schedule you for another time.

Interview Questions
    • The manager will meet with you one on one after you see the Bankers Life company overview. Please inform me if you cannot make it to your interview so that I can schedule you for another time.   Answer Question

Sales Or Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bankers Life in November 2014.

They cold call you seeing your Resume online. Foreign Indian person that was hard to understand. They would not answer what the salary is, which I found out here is 100% commission based. No thank you, I don't work for free and I'm a Professional Digital Marketer so why would I work for no pay when plenty of places for $60K to $80k a year want me? Why did they cold call me? They work from a script and seemed put off when I tried to ask questions. I emailed them back say NO THANK you with a link to the reviews here.

Interview Questions
    • Seeing as this was more of a "what day can you come in" then an interview really no questions were asked. Funny you would have someone show up for a Sales Position or a Manager Position wouldn't you pick one or the other it's not a show up and lets decide type of career choice you are either a Manager or a Sales person not come in lets interview and hey you are a Manager...LOL   Answer Question

I assume I would have gotten the offer, I basically turned them down before it got that far. If you are young and starting out why not go in and do it you can always turn them down. I'm busy with my own projects and real companies paying real money so not worth my time for a MAYBE paycheck. Besides it's a NO NAME insurance company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Group interview by invite. One on one interview and then you're in. The manager will tell you how much money you will make, which is a lie. He will say how moral and ethical the company is... also a lie. Use your highest degree of discretion.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bankers Life.

After you apply online, a recruiter will call you and invite you to attend a presentation from one of the branch managers along with 10-15 other applicants. At the end you fill out a short application and the management team will give you a call back on whether or not they have decided to invite you to come back for a 1-on-1 interview—the final step in the hiring process.

Insurance Agent Interview

talked to a representative about working with senior citizens, providing general financial information, and what was the right plan for the right individual as well as fitting into the company workforce. They seemed enthusiastic about the job, and about hiring me. Compensation seemed a little below par, especially for a commission only position hiring college graduates.

Interview Questions
    • How experienced are you at working with senior citizens?   Answer Question

commision based position

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life.

I got a call after posting my resume on Monster.com, before I knew it I had agreed to an interview with a company I hadn't applied for. When I arrived I was surprised to realize it was a group interview when I had been led to believe it would be one-on-one.
    I wasn't actually interested in working as an agent. I just wanted interview practice. However, I only met with the manager for about 8 minutes, and he didn't ask me a single question beyond "What do you know about us?"

Account Manager Interview

I went into the interview hoping for a decent job with a decent salary. What I got was a 100% commission job offer with no hope for a consistent income. I need stability, and this company doesn't offer that.

Interview Questions
    • What are you expecting out of this job?   View Answer

Misrepresented As An Administrative Position, Actually Recruiting for New Insurance Agents Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bankers Life in October 2014.

Contacted by phone to set up a personal interview from an online job board search by the company. Told them I was not interested in becoming an agent, but would like an admin position. Assured the position was not for an agent.

Interview Questions
    • Ended up being a sales presentation by a lower-level manager to a group of six people to join as a prospective agent. All had expected a personal interview with the Regional Director.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Life in October 2014.

You must come on a Wednesday at 2pm dressed for interview (they will call to confirm and give friendly reminder), but before being "interviewed," you're there to hear an hour+ long presentation about the industry, the state of what the average person needs when they retire, then a breakdown of what they do. The presentation is fairly informative, obviously built to recruit agents. You then fill out an application of sorts and go in for an interview, where you're again sales-pitched.