Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Was misled by the recruiting agent to believe I was coming in for a one on one interview. In fact, it was a group interview in a classroom setting. Very impersonal, if informative - the job is that of a glorified telemarketer, harassing the elderly in the attempt to make a sale. Pay is 100% commission. Maybe that will work for you, but it doesn't work for me.

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I received an unsolicited call from someone representing Bankers Life today who told me they came across my resume online. They said I had the types of management and leadership skills that they are looking for and asked if I could come in for an interview the following Tuesday. When I told them I was not available on Tuesday, they asked if I could come in the Tuesday after that, which I thought was odd, but said yes anyway. After hanging up I realized there was no mention of a job title or any other specifics about the type of job that I would be interviewing for. I decided to check Glassdoor to see what info might be available and am glad I did. Based on other postings I found here it seems the "interview" would be to see if I want to become an insurance agent for them and/or to solicit info about other people they can contact and likely try to sell insurance to. Thanks to what I read here I decided this is some kind of a "scam-lite", and notified them to please cancel my "interview". I am certain that by cancelling I have saved myself a bunch of time and frustration. Hopefully others will do the same until they get the message that their tactics are unprofessional (not to mention sneaky and creepy!). Thanks to all who posted here for your help!

Interview Questions

• Have you heard of Bankers Life?   6 Answers

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. when I got there, there were about 20 other people. We were sat in a big office room. The man in charge had a copy of our resume and said the name and asked questions. Then he did a presentation of what Bankers Life is all about

Entry Level Marketing Position: Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochelle Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bankers Life (Rochelle Park, NJ).

Interview

A recruiter called me saying that they came across my resume and said that my qualifications were exactly what they were looking for. I was expecting a one-on-one interview with somebody (because that's how real jobs offer positions, right?) and instead, I was thrown into a room with about 8 or 9 other people with the same perplexed and aggravated look on their face. I was greeted by somebody who was basically trying to sell the company and make it look like more than the sham that it truly is. You only get paid commission, and nobody pays solicitors so you would have more luck being a waiter. The way they treated me and the other people was extremely rude, unprofessional and incompetent, and anybody with a decent head on their shoulders will realize that this place is a sham.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I received a random phone call from a representative stating that my manager was interested in interviewing me. I'm glad I took a look at the previous reviews beforehand, because this not the type of position I'm looking for, especially when it's commission based and I'm just graduating from school with not a lot of money to begin with. Not much information is given in the website, nor were there any details on what to expect for this "presentation". I won't be wasting my time and gas to get there now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Medina, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The first two interviews were actually group presentations. Although interesting and informative, I really felt like they would 'hire' anybody. That said, you are working as a 1099 employee, so unless you have other sources of income and benefits while getting started, this is not a realistic option for a job.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Stockton, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me saying they saw my resume online and asked if I would be interested in an interview. I accepted the interview and then soon realized I was unaware of exactly the title of the job I was applying for. I showed up for the interview to be put in a room with 3 others. It seemed much more like an orientation for a job and that the people in the room most likely had the job if they wanted it. I felt overqualified being the only one in the room that had graduated from a four year college. The manager was very helpful when I talked to him one on one and he told me to really think over if this is what I wanted to be my career. He called me two days later and I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

I felt overqualified and was not interested in a sales job that was mostly paid on commission.

Was Not Stated Interview

Interview

I received an unsolicited phone call from a woman representing this company. She said, she had found my resume online and her manager had asked her to set up an interview. I attempted to determine more information about the job that I was interviewing for, and she said she had no information to give me. I asked if there was someone I could talk to about what job I was coming in for. She responded that she was the only person available. I asked if there was a job posting online, where I could find specifically what the job duties, and required KSAs were. She said there was no job posting. I then declined to come in for the interview, as this seemed like a very shady interview process. Based upon this experience alone I would absolutely not recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions

• No initial questions were asked, only when I would be able to come in for an interview.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life in July 2015.

Interview

Posted resume on a job search website and was contacted shortly after with an email inviting me to set up an interview. At the interview, the following week, the interviewer described the job duties and asked a few brief questions about myself. Job income is purely commission based. Oddly enough, this insurance company does not offer any insurance for their sales agents; it's like you're considered a sub-contractor.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in extra work, if needed, to make the amount of money you want to earn?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

It wasn't an actual interview; the first 2 "interviews" are actually presentations given to you and other candidates. I didn't apply for the job so I didn't know I was coming in for the position of Insurance Agent. It felt a little like a scam with them throwing huge figures in your face of how much money you could make and them asking you a couple times to write down the names and contact information of anyone else who would be interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you are looking for in a job?   Answer Question