Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

1.8

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bankers Life (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from this company who said my resume was found on Career Builder. Quite honestly, the recruiter herself sounded like she was reading from a script when describing the position. About an hour after scheduling the interview and getting off the phone, I had a few questions about the job, so I called the number listed on the confirmation e-mail. When I asked for the recruiter, there was about 5 seconds of silence on the other side, and then whoever answered the phone hung up on me. I then replied to the recruiter's e-mail, declining the interview altogether, as several better fitting opportunities have come up anyway. Regardless of whether one has room to be picky, I would expect my employers to be just as courteous and professional as they expect me to be.

Interview

Very nice person and neat office. It didn't take a long time to interview me because I am not American resident but they do not provide sponsor for international employees.

Interview Questions

They don't provide sponsor for international employees.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview was OK , I mean , people think they deserve a high salary paying job just because it's a financial institution , and when they hear the word "commission" they get scared , well let me tell you something , if you get scared that your paycheck is going to be variable then it's your fault for having a negative attitude.
    The guy that attended me was nice we got along pretty good .
    unfortunately for me I've just arrived to the country and I don't have a car , yet, but as soon as I get my car I'll go the meetings and trainings.

Interview Questions

• do you have any knowledge about insurances?   1 Answer

Because as I said before , I still don't own a car(barely arrived to the US) , but as soon as I get one , I will assist to the training

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Lyme, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Old Lyme, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

They found my resume and asked me to come to their location about it, I was kind of suprise was not expecting this, when I went there many people in one room and Billy lectured to all of us, it was kind of weired how he did this, and next day they call me to come for the second round, it was this much so far.

Interview Questions

• Many people in one room and many many questions. Was weird   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The first and second interviews were in a small group setting. This made sense as there was a lot of information to deliver. There were also opportunities to speak up during the sessions to demonstrate you're knowledge and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What had been previous experience that makes the position a good fit for you?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Posted my resume on monster.
    We had a group presentation to introduce the job requirements to the 12 candidates.
    Then we were asked to follow up if we thought the job was for us.

I got to the place thinking I was going to have a one-on-one interview. I was surprised by being part of a group interview.

The Brand Agent gave us a presentation, poor presentation for my taste, to explain the duties of the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to talk a little about ourselves when we got to the place.   1 Answer

Unit Field Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me regarding a Unit Field Trainer position. Hearing the name of the company I immediately asked if they offer a base salary. She said yes, so I agreed to an interview. When I got there it was a group interview with more than a dozen people. They said it would be explained to me. They wound us thru a maze of office corridors and back in to a windowless conference room that was crowded in with the people. The "sales manager" explained it would take 45 minutes. Nearly 2 hours later, it was revealed that it took $600 out of pocket, and a follow up session the next day to work for no base pay and there was no Unit Field Trainer position open. They wanted street level door knocking insurance agents selling medicare supplements to people who turn 65. A complete waste of time and effort and not a real job. Most of us walked out and talked and we all had the same story...yes the was a base...all of us were lied to. Beware of this scam.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to pay $600 and attend another session tomorrow same time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

they said the job was wealth management for seniors that they already had leads, it turned out to be insurance salesman calling all my family and friends for their support, also the interview was more a presentation of their process to 20 people instead of a real interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview and just explained the company and what they are looking for. The seconed interview was one on one and was basically me asking all the questions. Then they ask you if you want to be apart of the company. They said it would be about a month before I would be getting paid.

Interview Questions

I need to be starting a job sooner than a month. Because currently not working I don't have the money to get the certification(2 weeks) and can't afford to go any longer without a job.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

Branch manager was a seemingly trustworthy person and we hit it off well. However, I chose not to take the opportunity because of 100% commission and likely spending a lot of time and effort before making any money.

Interview Questions

• Why are you worried about 100% commission?   1 Answer