Bankers Life

1.9

Not Disclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life in September 2014.

I was cold called by a recruiter who "saw my resume online." The recruiter asked questions about my management, sales, and customer service experience. She asked me to confirm that I had my own automobile for transportation and that I was currently looking for employment. When I asked for what position I was being considered, I was told, "You'll be offered a position based on your experience." When I asked with whom I would be interviewing, she said she couldn't tell; that I'd just have to show up. I was given the day, time, and (incorrectly spelled) location of the in-person interview. I was also told twice to dress professionally. (Seriously, who wouldn't dress professionally for an interview.)

The cold call was an unusual experience and the incorrectly spelled address made me suspicious. I researched other interviews with Bankers Life & Casualty on Glassdoor and realized that it was going to be a group presentation to become a commission-only sales agent. That is not my line of work, nor my career goal, but I thought I'd attend in case they were actually interested in my management experience.

Two days later I drove 30 miles to the location of the "interview." I was asked to sign in, fill out an application, and submit a copy of my resume. I asked, "Can I fill out the application after the presentation?," because I still had not been explicitly told for what position I was applying/interviewing. I was told, "No, we prefer the application to filled out first." I said, "Then I'll have to pass," and I left.

Interview Questions
    • "You are currently unemployed and actively seeking employment?"   View Answer

Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life in September 2014.

It is a 3 step process 1 you meet in a group with one of the lead managers, 2 you meet as a group again to learn more about what they do and the process it will take to do it from a seasoned exequtive, 3 Final step is one on one interview for them to say yes or no.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work based on just commisions?   View Answer

Selling Insurance and Other Products to Senior Citizens Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life in September 2014.

The recruiter will lead you to believe that you are Making an appointment to have an interview. It is not an interview, its a group meeting with 10 to as many as 25 other candidates. Please save your self some time and ask if your meeting will be a one on one meeting.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Very much a sales pitch. A group of us were gathered in a room. A sales manager did a presentation on Bankers and what the day to day routines would be.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. A group of were gathered in the room for a presentation on Bankers Life   Answer Question

No stability in income or benefits

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Arrived for the initial interview and was directed to a room with a few other people. Next, they had a well prepared and brief presentation about the job, what it was, how compensation is calculated. Then followed a one-on-one interview which was more to test the waters on your enthusiasm and personal presentation than anything else. If you pass this, you go through to the next round. I got invited back but declined to go.

Interview Questions
    • None in the first round really. Maybe, what makes you think you will be successful at this job?   View Answer

I did some research later and wasn't too impressed with what I read or heard about Bankers Life. Also, had other interviews with similar companies that were far more in line with my personal values.

QA Analyst Interview

I was contacted by an office administrator asking me couple questions unrelated and confirmed a meeting (career building). When inquired about position, found out that they do briefings and group discussions etc and take candidates into the company and train them as insurance agents. I found similar review online which confirms that they are looking for insurance agents who will be calling all day to find clients who are older to buy their insurance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life in August 2014.

Theb first contact I had with Bankers Life & Casualty was a call about an interview after they saw my resume online. They were very cordial and scheduled me to come in the following day but were very quiet about what type of job(s) opportunity(ies) that were open. I went to the interview and was more or less rushed in and out and have not heard anything else from the company. The only postion they had open was for commission sales and I had applied for receptionist/assistant position. What a let down, but I didn't refuse the job because I need employment, I have been out of work since moving here in May.

Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Life in August 2014.

This was an absolute bait and switch arrangement. After posting my resume online I got a phone call from an "assistant" (who was obviously foreign) to set up an interview. I asked what the position was and they would only reply "The position you qualify for is entirely based on your experience." I repeatedly told them that I was not interested in being a sales agent. I have no experience—or interest—in sales. "The position you qualify for is entirely based on your experience."

I knew I should just hang up but I figured an interview would be good practice. I set up a time for the interview even though it was an hour's drive away. When I made that drive and arrived at the office, there were several other people there for this "interview". Turns out it was just a group pitch to be a sales agent. Exactly what I did not want. I never met the man I was scheduled to interview with. He wasn't even there. They absolutely lied to me about this "interview".

AND THEN, in the presentation they had the gall to preach about how they build their core values around honesty and transparency. I laughed out loud.

If you have posted your resume online and are not looking to be a sales agent, ignore their calls to set up interviews. They are just bait and switch.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions asked were, "Wouldn't you like to make $240,000 per year?" It was typical sensationalist BS.   Answer Question

It was not a position I was interested in in the least. I told them that on the phone but they insisted on setting up the interview with the promise that other positions were available. Which was a lie.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Lyme, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Lyme, CT

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bankers Life.

I was contacted by the secretary in a form of recruiting (high turnover ratio with new employees)
    There are three steps to the interview process:
     1-listening to a presentation from a manager and filling out a questionnaire
    2-If invited back you have a brief one on one with some behavioral questions and why you think its a good fit for you followed by another questionnaire.
    3- Third and final time you interview the hiring manager and then he asks some final questions
    Why are you interested in this position at Bankers?
    Why do you think this career is fit for you?
    Do you mind using the phones?
    Do you think you have a good support system?

Interview Questions
    I was offered the third and last interview on the spot. I asked for a week to decide and accepted.
    You just have to know what you're getting into and if it's a god fit for you.

Life and Health Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Dont believe the hype, they will tell you things that are unrealistic. Their goal is to get you in and have you sell all your friends and family an insurance policy.

No negotiation at all it is commission only