Bankers Life

Updated Oct 7, 2014

1.9

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life.

I got a call after posting my resume on Monster.com, before I knew it I had agreed to an interview with a company I hadn't applied for. When I arrived I was surprised to realize it was a group interview when I had been led to believe it would be one-on-one.
I wasn't actually interested in working as an agent. I just wanted interview practice. However, I only met with the manager for about 8 minutes, and he didn't ask me a single question beyond "What do you know about us?"

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to attend an initial interview. What wasn't mentioned was that this was a type of group interview with multiple individuals coming in to be asked about their interest in working in sales. Many people walked out, though a handful stayed (including me). Those that stayed were given quick personality tests and then grouped to view a small presentation by two managers about the company. The floor was then opened to questions and a brief questionnaire was provided before candidates were sent home.

The next day, the secretary/assistant of one of the managers called to schedule a second interview, which was at a different location. These happened with the same managers from the initial screening and were a bit more serious.

Unfortunately, this was my first interview and I presented myself as someone who was going to be a short-term employee. Suffice to say, I did not hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bankers Life.

They called me from a number that my phone listed as suspected spam. They said they found my resume online at monster.com and wanted to bring me in for an information session. It sounded like they outsource the representative that called me. It sounds really fishy. I would be careful with it. She could not answer many questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Life in July 2014.

I was invited to come in to one of their offices in VA to learn about the career opportunities. Because I did some research previous to the meeting, I knew the meeting was informational. There were around 15 other people who also came to the meeting. The Manager was very professional and the information was helpful. I did not decide to continue pursuing the opportunity because the jobs is basically based on commissions. He didn't say it straight but by the many things he said that is the resolution I came too, and therefore wasn't interested it anymore.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't difficult as I only came for the informational meeting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Life.

Received a call from Bankers after posting my resume online. The recruitment lady was hard to understand. She had a foreign accent. I decided to schedule an interview because I have been looking for a job for several months. After researching this company further, I have decided to cancel the interview. I am not interested in having my time wasted.

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life.

I was set for what I thought was an interview but it was not that at all. It was a demonstration of what the company is and information about the industry. Basically, it was not a nine to five, it's strictly 100% commissions. When I asked if there was any investment, the Branch Manager stated that I would have to pay out of pocket to get licensed.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions asked, it was just if you were interested in "owning your own business" that way you can go to the second interview.   Answer Question

It seemed shady especially when I was told I would have to pay out of pocket for something the company should pay for. (training)

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life in March 2014.

Unit Sales manager has a "cattle call" group interview.
    Then if you're licensed, you're hired...
    If not they give you steps to get licensed.
    I had a lot of questions for my second interview which were somewhat "danced around" by the BSM
    I was told leads are exclusive to the agent they're given to; however, Leads are given to multiple agents with a first agent wins type attitude.

RUN...don't do it...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bankers Life in February 2014.

I was contacted over the phone after they saw my resume online. I was asked a few background questions but generally they were happy with me having no experience in Sales. The interview was a meeting with the Regional Manager and was quick.

Interview Questions
    • Willingness to meet with people from different backgrounds and to press for sales   Answer Question

The terms of the employment process and no base commission. Reviews online indicated it was not the job for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life in February 2014.

The first interview is more of an information session with all the candidates that were interested in the positions available. They went around to everyone and each person could ask a question or two, but it was more to describe the job responsibilities. They said they would contract the individuals who made it to the second round of interviews. I was called to come back and was surprised to find the exact same set up but with less people. There were about 9 of us for 4 positions available. I've never done a group interview so that was a first for me. I think the most difficult part was the fact that there were other people in the room while you were talking with the employer.

Interview Questions
    • What I thought was the most important aspect of a sales person in this position was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankers Life in November 2013.

I registered on Monster.com with a resume, applying to no one, and I get hit instantly with an email from Bankers saying that they liked what they wanted to see in my resume and wanted to know more. I reposted a resume and surprise!, got another automated email saying the same thing.

Then I got a call from their secretary confirming my appointment, I tried to talk my way out of it saying that I was pretty sure it was just another pyramid scheme like Prudential Life or New York Life, but she would not take no for an answer. I felt completely hustled. Then she said "so-and-so picked your resume for a reason". Bull****! I didn't even bother to refute that with the fact that my invitation was automated.

This is in fact one of those pyramid schemes. You will work with no base salary and no guaranteed income, pay for your own training, assume all risk, and then share your commissions with the company. Read along and you'll find plenty of reports that this work is mostly just telemarketing with re-used leads where people are just going to blow up saying that they already asked to be taken off your mailing list.

Stay away from life insurance sales, none of these jobs are real and they will take ANYONE. Also, your group interview, and you next group interview, and the one after that are all just incentive briefings and they don't even talk about what you do. Sound familiar? Ever run into a site that promises a quick way to make money if you send them $10 and they don't even give you the topic?? This is that world.

Interview Questions
    • Why don't you give us a chance to see what we have to offer?   View Answer