Bankers Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

1.9

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life in July 2015.

Interview

Posted resume on a job search website and was contacted shortly after with an email inviting me to set up an interview. At the interview, the following week, the interviewer described the job duties and asked a few brief questions about myself. Job income is purely commission based. Oddly enough, this insurance company does not offer any insurance for their sales agents; it's like you're considered a sub-contractor.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in extra work, if needed, to make the amount of money you want to earn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

Reported at requested time and filled out questionaire on how others feel you should act and how you think you should act towards others and additional personal information. A group was formed and we were taken to a conference room for a presentation on company and history. Afterwards we were asked to return another day for 1on1.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

those who interviewed me had positive attitude and seemed very interested. I was very confused about the payment process since its mainly commission. Overall, the experience was decent and friendly.

Interview Questions

• long term goals with the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I met with a very nice gentleman. He was straight and to the point about what the job position would consist of; on the job training, site to site traveling in my own transportation and getting my license through the state.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to know about the company?   1 Answer

No transportation. I am invited back when I get my transportation. I could not pay for the class either. That did not make me feel as if things were going to be on the up and up. I went through all of their testing and filled out all paperwork so when I come back I will be ready to start. It is an awesome position and training, though very detail-oriented, will be the only difficult part.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I got a call after posting my resume on Monster.com, before I knew it I had agreed to an interview with a company I hadn't applied for. When I arrived I was surprised to realize it was a group interview when I had been led to believe it would be one-on-one. I wasn't actually interested in working as an agent. I just wanted interview practice. However, I only met with the manager for about 8 minutes, and he didn't ask me a single question beyond "What do you know about us?"

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Daly City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to attend an initial interview. What wasn't mentioned was that this was a type of group interview with multiple individuals coming in to be asked about their interest in working in sales. Many people walked out, though a handful stayed (including me). Those that stayed were given quick personality tests and then grouped to view a small presentation by two managers about the company. The floor was then opened to questions and a brief questionnaire was provided before candidates were sent home. The next day, the secretary/assistant of one of the managers called to schedule a second interview, which was at a different location. These happened with the same managers from the initial screening and were a bit more serious. Unfortunately, this was my first interview and I presented myself as someone who was going to be a short-term employee. Suffice to say, I did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

They called me from a number that my phone listed as suspected spam. They said they found my resume online at monster.com and wanted to bring me in for an information session. It sounded like they outsource the representative that called me. It sounds really fishy. I would be careful with it. She could not answer many questions.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Herndon, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was invited to come in to one of their offices in VA to learn about the career opportunities. Because I did some research previous to the meeting, I knew the meeting was informational. There were around 15 other people who also came to the meeting. The Manager was very professional and the information was helpful. I did not decide to continue pursuing the opportunity because the jobs is basically based on commissions. He didn't say it straight but by the many things he said that is the resolution I came too, and therefore wasn't interested it anymore.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult as I only came for the informational meeting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Received a call from Bankers after posting my resume online. The recruitment lady was hard to understand. She had a foreign accent. I decided to schedule an interview because I have been looking for a job for several months. After researching this company further, I have decided to cancel the interview. I am not interested in having my time wasted.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I was set for what I thought was an interview but it was not that at all. It was a demonstration of what the company is and information about the industry. Basically, it was not a nine to five, it's strictly 100% commissions. When I asked if there was any investment, the Branch Manager stated that I would have to pay out of pocket to get licensed.

Interview Questions

• There were really no questions asked, it was just if you were interested in "owning your own business" that way you can go to the second interview.   Answer Question

It seemed shady especially when I was told I would have to pay out of pocket for something the company should pay for. (training)