Bankers Life Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.1

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calverton, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bankers Life (Calverton, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a class room setting
    Where you listen to a agency manager presentation, then you're asked to fill out a questionnaire. Finally, you'll be called in for a second interview with the agency manager and you should have questions prepared, it'll last 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for a sales agent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bankers Life (Herndon, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was invited to come in to one of their offices in VA to learn about the career opportunities. Because I did some research previous to the meeting, I knew the meeting was informational. There were around 15 other people who also came to the meeting. The Manager was very professional and the information was helpful. I did not decide to continue pursuing the opportunity because the jobs is basically based on commissions. He didn't say it straight but by the many things he said that is the resolution I came too, and therefore wasn't interested it anymore.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't difficult as I only came for the informational meeting.   Answer Question

Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bankers Life (Frederick, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Went through almost a total of 7 interviews. The supervisors were nice and asked a lot of questions. Had a tour of the building and the work seemed to ne easy. I was really looking forward to working with them and not sure if the ball dropped with the staffing agency or not. Since I went through a staffing agency I can't call the company directly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Three step interview process. Career briefing to learn about the branch and insurance industry. Second interview in a group to get a feel for the manager and daily life of an agent. Third interview for them to see if you will make a good match with the branch and motivated to work hard. If you are articulate, you will get hired. It's up to you if you will be able to keep the job. It's not a hard line of work, but you have to always be active. You run your business. Talk about your entrepreneurial skills, your drive to work hard, wanting to help people with insurance/financial products...and they will love you. Ask questions about the team dynamics. Research medicare and how it affects seniors.

Interview Questions

• I was not from the financial or insurance industry, so I had to explain why I was changing industries.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Full commission so no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Calverton, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bankers Life (Calverton, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

I posted my resume on monster.com and a few days later I got a call from Bankers saying that they had seen my resume and I would like to offer me an internship. They repeatedly called me, sent me a text, and emailed me to remind me about my interview. The interview was more like a presentation of the company and the speaker basically told us about his life. There were about 15-20 of us in a room. This was not an internship but a lets start your career as an agent. I was only looking for a summer job.

Interview Questions

Tricked me into starting a career and I just wanted a summer job.

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Posted my resume on Monster.com. Received an email notifying me that my resume had been noticed on Monster.com and inviting me to a job interview. Business attire, bring resume. Upon arrival I'm told it's a group presentation in the conference room, and not a personal interview. Presentation was performed very well, took one hour. Information about working for the company interesting and potential income enticing. The presenter did an excellent job of connecting with me and several others in the presentation. Afterwards, individuals were asked if they would be interested in a second small group interview/presentation; and if mutually further interested, a third and final personal interview. This could be a good down-select process if used properly to find the right person for the job.
    I'm out of work for over 45 days now and going to school full time, so getting a little desperate for work. I think I'll at least check out the second interview/presentation they offered me and think about it....

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

A group interview with an info session that took about an hour. The presenter told you all about the company, benefits, work life, management styles, and went a little into the entry level kind of training. The presenter was very experienced, likable, and knowledgeable. Pay is commission-based. They advertise themselves as one of the fastest-growing insurance companies that has a growing and specific local market.

Interview Questions

Not interested in the type of insurance they were selling. The company seemed like a solid one, and the staff seemed enthusiastic and friendly, but I just wasn't interested in selling medicare or life insurance.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

I think selection is computer generated . bc After I declined I got another interview from same person. so there you go. first interview is group interview manager presents aboaut co. goes over what to expect then you are asked to fill out few QA sheet indicate if you want to be contacted. if you check yes mgr will select few then call back arrnge 2nd interview. after that one on one interview .

Interview Questions

has no compensation while on traninng. Need money now. takes about 6 month to launch I hear from vearious web sites. Leads are old recycled and etc . look at internet for reviews left by others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

You first attend a career briefing. The manager is great. This job is 100% commission. If you work hard, you'll make the money. Then you come back for a group interview. If you choose to proceed you come back for a final third interview. You get an offer or contract and you start as soon as you pass the test for your license.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none. It's totally commision based.