Bankers Life & Casualty

Very Easy Interview

Career Agent Interview

Career Agent
Green, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Interview Details – First and second interviews are really power point presentations to a large group of potential "employees" (you are really an independent agent). If you somehow pass these two, you will be called to interview one-on-one. The third interview is 1-1/2 hrs long. Not really sure how to get beyond the first two as you are listening to a presentation and are not asked any questions. These presentations reminded me of a motivational company seminar, not a job interview. Each one took approximately one hour.

Interview Question – I live in NE OH and if I chose this position I would be required to attend "New Agent Success Training" for one week in Erie PA, over 2 hrs from my home. Additionally, I would have to pay about $1000 to become licensed, most of which needed to be completed prior to the training. This is reimbursed if you sell "x" amount of policies in your first "x' amount of weeks with the company. Overall, a lot of money must be paid up front while you are not earning a paycheck, then you are an independent agent and only get paid if you sell.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Career Agent Interview

Career Agent
Casselberry, FL

I interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in July 2013.

Interview Details – This was not a job for which I actually filled out an application. They found my resume on Monster, and invited me to come to an interview. At the interview, I came to a door with a notice on it, which directed me to a different room, where I was supposed to sign in. After signing in, I, along with the other candidates returned to the original room, where we all sat down and were given a brief form to fill out, with some questions similar to those on a job application. A video played, telling of the benefits of working for the company, and then someone came in and began speaking. He explained that this was not going to be a typical interview, nor a final interview, but rather a presentation to help the applicants decide whether or not they wanted to work for the company. He even told us that we could get up and leave during the presentation if we decided it wasn't for us. After he finished the presentation, they gave us another questionnaire to fill out.I think, if I am not mistaken, that they would then select certain people who attended the presentation to come in for a more traditional type of interview, and then the next step would be a one-on-one interview. They seem to have somewhat of a non-traditional type of hiring process, as I just described, although I personally don't see why one has to always do things the traditional way. But it's good to realize that, if your experience is like mine, when they contact you to come for an interview, that does not mean that you have reached what you would think of as the "interview stage" of the hiring process. It's more like the equivalent of the "application stage."

Note: There were a couple of other position being applied for at the same time, but I can only remember the name of the one list in the title.

Interview Question – They didn't actually ask any questions verbally, but on the written questionnaire they handed out at the end, I think the hardest question for me was one that asked something like, "What is one thing you would like us to tell us?" The questions were generally easy though.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bankers Life & Casualty

Worked for Bankers Life & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bankers Life & Casualty Career Agent interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bankers Life & Casualty employees and interview candidates.