Bankers Life & Casualty Interview Questions

1.9

Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in April 2014.

Went through almost a total of 7 interviews. The supervisors were nice and asked a lot of questions. Had a tour of the building and the work seemed to ne easy. I was really looking forward to working with them and not sure if the ball dropped with the staffing agency or not. Since I went through a staffing agency I can't call the company directly

Not Disclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2014.

I was cold called by a recruiter who "saw my resume online." The recruiter asked questions about my management, sales, and customer service experience. She asked me to confirm that I had my own automobile for transportation and that I was currently looking for employment. When I asked for what position I was being considered, I was told, "You'll be offered a position based on your experience." When I asked with whom I would be interviewing, she said she couldn't tell; that I'd just have to show up. I was given the day, time, and (incorrectly spelled) location of the in-person interview. I was also told twice to dress professionally. (Seriously, who wouldn't dress professionally for an interview.)

The cold call was an unusual experience and the incorrectly spelled address made me suspicious. I researched other interviews with Bankers Life & Casualty on Glassdoor and realized that it was going to be a group presentation to become a commission-only sales agent. That is not my line of work, nor my career goal, but I thought I'd attend in case they were actually interested in my management experience.

Two days later I drove 30 miles to the location of the "interview." I was asked to sign in, fill out an application, and submit a copy of my resume. I asked, "Can I fill out the application after the presentation?," because I still had not been explicitly told for what position I was applying/interviewing. I was told, "No, we prefer the application to filled out first." I said, "Then I'll have to pass," and I left.

Interview Questions
    • "You are currently unemployed and actively seeking employment?"   View Answer

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

I was invited for an initial interview which consisted of a workshop/company overview. I was asked back for a second interview and got excited about the potential for being hired. When I sat down for the second interview/workshop, if you could call it that, we were told that it would cost approximately 310.00 for licensing and fingerprinting. I immediately lost all interest what so ever in the "job opportunity." Why on earth would I waste my precious time with a job I had to spend money up front on? I felt betrayed. If they had said the cost initially, I would have never wasted my time, energy, or fuel to drive the 1 hour to get there to find out I had to spend more money to even be able to work. So very disappointing. I do understand that you would need a license to sale, but it should be made clear from the beginning that you need incur the cost to acquire it, not in the second 'interview.'

Interview Questions
    • What is your current financial situation? It was on a questionnaire I'm guessing for personality assessment. I'm pretty sure if it's even legal to use that kind of vernacular. I understand they can run a credit check, but to ask such a personal question is quite unethical, in my opinion only.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent 1099 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in January 2013.

They look at your resume, include to determine if you are a good fit and to see if you are actually interested.ou in a group interview and then interview separately. You must already have a life and health license or you must study, take the state test and pass to become an agent.

There is o negotiation as you are strictly on commission basis.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in June 2014.

I didn't even apply for a job. They contacted me based on my experience. The only sales experience I had was in banking. They had me come in for an interview. I only went to get interview practice. The first round is basically them telling you how much money you can make. To me, it sounded very unrealistic. I went into the second interview and they told me about the fees it would take to work for them and they asked me if when I wanted to start. I said no thank you and walked out.

Interview Questions

It is ridiculous that everything comes out of pocket. You have to pay about $500 for the licensing, classes, background check and miscellaneous things. That is before you even start selling. Then, they wanted you to give them $100 a month for rent for the office and to pay the receptionist. The pay was all commission and I didn't feel right taking advantage of elderly people.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to attend an initial interview. What wasn't mentioned was that this was a type of group interview with multiple individuals coming in to be asked about their interest in working in sales. Many people walked out, though a handful stayed (including me). Those that stayed were given quick personality tests and then grouped to view a small presentation by two managers about the company. The floor was then opened to questions and a brief questionnaire was provided before candidates were sent home.

The next day, the secretary/assistant of one of the managers called to schedule a second interview, which was at a different location. These happened with the same managers from the initial screening and were a bit more serious.

Unfortunately, this was my first interview and I presented myself as someone who was going to be a short-term employee. Suffice to say, I did not hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in August 2014.

This was an absolute bait and switch arrangement. After posting my resume online I got a phone call from an "assistant" (who was obviously foreign) to set up an interview. I asked what the position was and they would only reply "The position you qualify for is entirely based on your experience." I repeatedly told them that I was not interested in being a sales agent. I have no experience—or interest—in sales. "The position you qualify for is entirely based on your experience."

I knew I should just hang up but I figured an interview would be good practice. I set up a time for the interview even though it was an hour's drive away. When I made that drive and arrived at the office, there were several other people there for this "interview". Turns out it was just a group pitch to be a sales agent. Exactly what I did not want. I never met the man I was scheduled to interview with. He wasn't even there. They absolutely lied to me about this "interview".

AND THEN, in the presentation they had the gall to preach about how they build their core values around honesty and transparency. I laughed out loud.

If you have posted your resume online and are not looking to be a sales agent, ignore their calls to set up interviews. They are just bait and switch.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions asked were, "Wouldn't you like to make $240,000 per year?" It was typical sensationalist BS.   Answer Question

It was not a position I was interested in in the least. I told them that on the phone but they insisted on setting up the interview with the promise that other positions were available. Which was a lie.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in March 2014.

They contacted me. I think I had my resume on monster. There were 2 or 3 group interviews where they sell the position more than they try to get to know you or ask you questions. We were shown what the top people made in bonuses recently, which I thought was weird. And a good bit was dedicated to answering criticisms of ex-employees' complaints online.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview was more like a timeshare seminar than an interview.   Answer Question
    None. They have a commission schedule that is non-negotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in August 2014.

Theb first contact I had with Bankers Life & Casualty was a call about an interview after they saw my resume online. They were very cordial and scheduled me to come in the following day but were very quiet about what type of job(s) opportunity(ies) that were open. I went to the interview and was more or less rushed in and out and have not heard anything else from the company. The only postion they had open was for commission sales and I had applied for receptionist/assistant position. What a let down, but I didn't refuse the job because I need employment, I have been out of work since moving here in May.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Arrived for the initial interview and was directed to a room with a few other people. Next, they had a well prepared and brief presentation about the job, what it was, how compensation is calculated. Then followed a one-on-one interview which was more to test the waters on your enthusiasm and personal presentation than anything else. If you pass this, you go through to the next round. I got invited back but declined to go.

Interview Questions
    • None in the first round really. Maybe, what makes you think you will be successful at this job?   View Answer

I did some research later and wasn't too impressed with what I read or heard about Bankers Life. Also, had other interviews with similar companies that were far more in line with my personal values.

Worked for Bankers Life & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!