Bankers Life & Casualty

Getting the Interview

176 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by them whereas I hadn't applied to any of their job postings, I hadn't even ever heard of them. They gave me an interview appointment the day after without explaining much. I went to check out what they were doing, and to get some practice for my interviewing skills. When I arrived, I was asked to fill out a short form. One of the questions was wether I had a car, to which I replied "no". After a few minutes waiting, the branch manager called me. He seemed very nice and even joked a little, but right away he told me that they were looking for someone who owns a car. It took me 1 hour of public transportation to get to their office just for that!

Interview Question – As a result the interview lasted 5 minutes. The first question he asked was what I wanted to do, what kind of position I was looking for.   Answer Question

Lakewood, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email inviting me to interview with Bankers. Sat with 20 people and watched a presentation, followed by a request to answer a few questions that were never discussed or acknowledged. Was ushered into office and sat outside mgr's office for short one-on-one interview, waited while he chatted up a guy in a suit and never once acknowledged me. After 30 minutes, I left. Was called back and hired the next day, never interviewed by mgr.

Interview Question – no questions asked, hired after I came back for second interview that didn't occur.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in October 2013.

Interview Details – I just had a so-called "interview" yesterday morning and I have another interview tomorrow is it a scam or is a legit from everything I've read so far is throwing up red flags that it might be a scam. Can someone please help me out.

Interview Question – Is this company legit ? like was everything they said during the panel interview true or is it just a way to get people to buy into their company ?   View Answer

Milford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Interview Details – Three stage interview. First stage is a short presentation followed by a questionnaire. This is done in a group setting, I was with around 20 people all together. The questionnaire is how Bankers decides who to call back for a second interview. This second interview is also a group interview, no one else showed up so it ended up being a solo interview for me. Prior to the group interview you sit with the USV and have the opportunity to ask some questions. There is another presentation in this second interview then another questionnaire. This one is short answer essay questions. If you receive another call back you meet with the branch manager and go over any questions you have and answer a few questions. You are either not selected or offered a job on the condition you pass your insurance exam. If you cannot pass you still do not have a job.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Very strait forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are a 1099 employee. You do not get benefits, you are not considered an employee of Bankers. You work completely on commission, there is nothing to negotiate for salary since you do not get one.

Management Trainee Interview

Tinton Falls, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Interview Details – I ended up walking in to my local Bankers office and submitted my resume and cover letter. They invited me to a group interview right on the spot and said that there would be two interviews. If I liked what I heard then I could come back for a third one-on-one. Please keep in mind that this is a "1099" position and so they don't really care if you join or not. You have to have the ability to sell otherwise you will starve. Anybody looking for a salary look elsewhere. Also, be prepared to reach into your pockets to pay upfront expenses such as licensing and such until your renewals kick in beginning of your second year.

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions during the interview. It's a group interview and if you are willing to put yourself out there they will bring you on.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Interview Details – They called for inviting you to an interview, however, the preliminary interview was more like a two-hour long class while a manager kept talking about different successfully experience. But every salary potential he talked about ended with "If you are good at......." Basically they only offer commission-based job. The manager indicated that you will be expected to make cold calls two days a week, and make 15 appointment settlements with 7-8 done and 2 actually sold.

Interview Question – Unexpected long speech from them   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Chadds Ford, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me after seeing my resume on CareerBuilder.

When we spoke on the phone and in the emails that followed, she told me that I was scheduled for an interview with her manager. When one is told that he/she has an interview scheduled, the expectation is to sit down with that person and discuss a job opportunity, not sit in a room full of people and listen to a presentation.

Also, I specifically mentioned on the phone that I was not interested in commission-based opportunities, and I didn't want to waste their time. She said that her manager would discuss a salaried management training position during the interview.

I did show up for my "interview" promptly at 2:45. I was directed into a briefing room with other people and given a packet of information. As I read the packet and surveyed my surroundings, I realized that this appointment was not for an interview at all, but instead was for a seminar about commission-based opportunities. It was clear to me that they had no problem wasting MY time. I expressed my concerns to the receptionist at the front desk and left.

I was deceived, and what this company did was in my opinion an unethical way of conducting business. I would never want to work for a company whose employees have to mislead job candidates. It makes me wonder what other types of deception would be involved if I would have been hired.

Interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty

Interview Details – I submitted a resume via Monster.com. A few days later I received a call from the Bankers office, inviting me to an interview later in the week. Having read a number of reviews, I asked if this was going to be an interview or a seminar. The caller was fortrhcoming enough to say it was a seminar.

Not Specified By Recruiter Interview

Campbell, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received a missed call and no voice message.
I used caller ID to call back. The recruiter was vague in job description.
I had suspicions this was the wrong job for me but I still had to schedule interview or l
ose my EDD benefits.
Arrived at their office in Campbell, CA the next day.
5 minutes into the interview the Manager determined I was not a fit based on my
I.T. background. Total waste of my time after the manager said 'I don't see you out there
selling insurance.'
Duh, I tried to say that to the recruiter before forcing me into an interview!

There were 3 other applicants and one was a young female so that may have been a factor in who gets hired.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Agent
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2013.

Interview Details – The first step of the process in sitting down in a lecture room staring at a projector screen with 30 other candidates. The first hour is going over information about the company and their core values and what they are looking for in an employer. Then after the informational interview we each filled out a survey and application and then met Chris, who gave the lecture.

Interview Question – There weren't any on the first round of interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got to a second interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bankers Life & Casualty