Bankers Life & Casualty

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Bankers via phone and was told they had located my resume on Career Builder. Victoria Warren told me that they were hiring for a management position and setup an interview time the next day. When I arrived and made my way to the interview room, I found that it was not a one-on-one interview, rather a mass interview/conference. I'd done some research the night before and was aware that this was a possibility, so I was prepared. Before I even sat down, I got the attention of the man standing at the front of the room, who I assumed was 'Ralph', who I was supposed to have my interview with. I asked him if he was Ralph and he confirmed, and I then asked if there were any management positions available. He beat around the bush and told me that we'd be discussing starting a career with Bankers with opportunities for advancement. I then asked if they were hiring any positions that were NOT commission based, and he fumbled another round of 'No but you'll make loads of money'. I was deceived, I wasn't going to waste any more of my time on these people. I told him that I was not given correct information pertaining to the position I was being interviewed, that I was not interested in working without a salary, and had I not been misinformed I would not have come. I left.

Insurance Agent 1099 Interview

Insurance Agent 1099

Interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty

Interview Details – Got called about my resume being posted online, and offered an interview for the following day in the afternoon.

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Campbell, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is in most cases a three step process. Because this is an entrepreneurial type of business it takes lots of interviews to find the right fit. The expectations and standards are high and you must be in a good financial place because it doesn't include a salary. Most insurance careers are contract work. The income potential is extremely high plus you get renewals for life in some cases.

Interview Question – Do you have family or friends that will support you through the difficulties of starting your own practice.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Kansas City, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in December 2013.

Interview Details – Lied about my pay and that is very unethical

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Insurance Sales

Interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty

Interview Details – I received a call from someone and I was told that they found my resume online and they would like to schedule interview to discuss this opportunity. The interview was a group presentation about how much money you could make working for Bankers Life.

Interview Question – Name three adjectives that best describe you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My decision was based on the information I read about the company on the internet

Paducah, KY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was contacted by Bankers and went to first interview. I was contacted that same night to come back for a second interview. I was hired during second interview.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Insurance Agent

I applied online - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process started with an email from the unit sales manager, which were sent en-mass to career seekers on Monster. The next step was choosing an interview appointment time, called a "career briefing." This was attended by 5-10 career-seekers. This career briefing ended with a "yes or no" from the attendees, who were able to ascertain from the presentation whether the opportunity was for them. The presentation consisted of the unit sales manager talking about the life, potential opportunity for riches, and stories of his own career. After the career briefing, the next step, if you're on board, is a one-on-one interview with a sales manager. Mine lasted 2 hours, and was very in-depth. The manager was very engaging. After the offer was made and accepted, there was the contract paperwork, a background check, and an on-line training portion to complete.

Interview Question – Of course the required question "what areas do you need to improve in" is always difficult. An unexpected question had to do with the manager asking about my family support system. You have to have a great deal of family support if you're going to undertake a commission-only career.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as it was a commission-only position.

Insurance Sales Interview

Insurance Sales
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in July 2013.

Interview Details – Bizarre interview process. They provided virtually no information on this job. This is just a scam to get 10-12 people in a room to give them a pitch on being insurance sales people. This was very unprofessional and I would recommend staying away from any inquiry by this company, which, by the way was never specifically identified prior to the meeting.

Interview Question – The moderator opened up by asking us to fill out the simple 4 quadrant personality trait grid.   View Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in November 2013.

Interview Details – I registered on Monster.com with a resume, applying to no one, and I get hit instantly with an email from Bankers saying that they liked what they wanted to see in my resume and wanted to know more. I reposted a resume and surprise!, got another automated email saying the same thing.

Then I got a call from their secretary confirming my appointment, I tried to talk my way out of it saying that I was pretty sure it was just another pyramid scheme like Prudential Life or New York Life, but she would not take no for an answer. I felt completely hustled. Then she said "so-and-so picked your resume for a reason". Bull****! I didn't even bother to refute that with the fact that my invitation was automated.

This is in fact one of those pyramid schemes. You will work with no base salary and no guaranteed income, pay for your own training, assume all risk, and then share your commissions with the company. Read along and you'll find plenty of reports that this work is mostly just telemarketing with re-used leads where people are just going to blow up saying that they already asked to be taken off your mailing list.

Stay away from life insurance sales, none of these jobs are real and they will take ANYONE. Also, your group interview, and you next group interview, and the one after that are all just incentive briefings and they don't even talk about what you do. Sound familiar? Ever run into a site that promises a quick way to make money if you send them $10 and they don't even give you the topic?? This is that world.

Interview Question – Why don't you give us a chance to see what we have to offer?   View Answer

Peoria, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in August 2013.

Interview Details – There are three interviews, the first interview was a group interview where they explained the the company and gave an overview of the position. The second interview was a smaller group interview where they elaborated more on what the job entailed. The third interview I met with the Branch Manager who does the hiring.

Interview Question – The questions asked were pretty typical. For example: Why do you want to be an agent with Bankers?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bankers Life & Casualty