Bankers Life & Casualty

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rancho Bernardo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in February 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview is more of an information session with all the candidates that were interested in the positions available. They went around to everyone and each person could ask a question or two, but it was more to describe the job responsibilities. They said they would contract the individuals who made it to the second round of interviews. I was called to come back and was surprised to find the exact same set up but with less people. There were about 9 of us for 4 positions available. I've never done a group interview so that was a first for me. I think the most difficult part was the fact that there were other people in the room while you were talking with the employer.

Interview Question – What I thought was the most important aspect of a sales person in this position was.   Answer Question

Sales Agent

I applied through other source and interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Interview Details – They called me from a number that my phone listed as suspected spam. They said they found my resume online at monster.com and wanted to bring me in for an information session. It sounded like they outsource the representative that called me. It sounds really fishy. I would be careful with it. She could not answer many questions.

Interview Question – Do you have reliable transportation   Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was invited to come in to one of their offices in VA to learn about the career opportunities. Because I did some research previous to the meeting, I knew the meeting was informational. There were around 15 other people who also came to the meeting. The Manager was very professional and the information was helpful. I did not decide to continue pursuing the opportunity because the jobs is basically based on commissions. He didn't say it straight but by the many things he said that is the resolution I came too, and therefore wasn't interested it anymore.

Interview Question – It wasn't difficult as I only came for the informational meeting.   Answer Question

Sales Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2013.

Interview Details – When you are contacted for your initial interview it sound as though it will be a one on one, however, it turns out to be a group presentation. After that when they ask you back for a second interview, that turns out to be the same process as the first.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with 100% commission?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Interview Details – Received a call from Bankers after posting my resume online. The recruitment lady was hard to understand. She had a foreign accent. I decided to schedule an interview because I have been looking for a job for several months. After researching this company further, I have decided to cancel the interview. I am not interested in having my time wasted.

Interview Question – Are you interested in job opportunities?   Answer Question

Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the phone after they saw my resume online. I was asked a few background questions but generally they were happy with me having no experience in Sales. The interview was a meeting with the Regional Manager and was quick.

Interview Question – Willingness to meet with people from different backgrounds and to press for sales   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The terms of the employment process and no base commission. Reviews online indicated it was not the job for me.

Sales Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Interview Details – I was set for what I thought was an interview but it was not that at all. It was a demonstration of what the company is and information about the industry. Basically, it was not a nine to five, it's strictly 100% commissions. When I asked if there was any investment, the Branch Manager stated that I would have to pay out of pocket to get licensed.

Interview Question – There were really no questions asked, it was just if you were interested in "owning your own business" that way you can go to the second interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It seemed shady especially when I was told I would have to pay out of pocket for something the company should pay for. (training)

Campbell, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is in most cases a three step process. Because this is an entrepreneurial type of business it takes lots of interviews to find the right fit. The expectations and standards are high and you must be in a good financial place because it doesn't include a salary. Most insurance careers are contract work. The income potential is extremely high plus you get renewals for life in some cases.

Interview Question – Do you have family or friends that will support you through the difficulties of starting your own practice.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Very Easy Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in November 2013.

Interview Details – I registered on Monster.com with a resume, applying to no one, and I get hit instantly with an email from Bankers saying that they liked what they wanted to see in my resume and wanted to know more. I reposted a resume and surprise!, got another automated email saying the same thing.

Then I got a call from their secretary confirming my appointment, I tried to talk my way out of it saying that I was pretty sure it was just another pyramid scheme like Prudential Life or New York Life, but she would not take no for an answer. I felt completely hustled. Then she said "so-and-so picked your resume for a reason". Bull****! I didn't even bother to refute that with the fact that my invitation was automated.

This is in fact one of those pyramid schemes. You will work with no base salary and no guaranteed income, pay for your own training, assume all risk, and then share your commissions with the company. Read along and you'll find plenty of reports that this work is mostly just telemarketing with re-used leads where people are just going to blow up saying that they already asked to be taken off your mailing list.

Stay away from life insurance sales, none of these jobs are real and they will take ANYONE. Also, your group interview, and you next group interview, and the one after that are all just incentive briefings and they don't even talk about what you do. Sound familiar? Ever run into a site that promises a quick way to make money if you send them $10 and they don't even give you the topic?? This is that world.

Interview Question – Why don't you give us a chance to see what we have to offer?   View Answer

Daly City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by them whereas I hadn't applied to any of their job postings, I hadn't even ever heard of them. They gave me an interview appointment the day after without explaining much. I went to check out what they were doing, and to get some practice for my interviewing skills. When I arrived, I was asked to fill out a short form. One of the questions was wether I had a car, to which I replied "no". After a few minutes waiting, the branch manager called me. He seemed very nice and even joked a little, but right away he told me that they were looking for someone who owns a car. It took me 1 hour of public transportation to get to their office just for that!

Interview Question – As a result the interview lasted 5 minutes. The first question he asked was what I wanted to do, what kind of position I was looking for.   Answer Question

Worked for Bankers Life & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!