Bankers Life & Casualty Sales Interview Questions

2.0

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2012.

I received and email from the recruiter at Bankers Life, she told me she had seen my resume online and I looked like a good candidate. I responded and set the appointment. I read a few things on this site about the cattle call interviews they have. Although it seemed like it could be a waste of time I decided to go.

The cattle call part was accurate, a number of people of all walks of life: old, young and all income levels were there to interview. Many without any sales experience. The sales manager giving the presentation was very good and after he scheduled interviews with people who were interested. The products seem as if they may be sellable so I took an appointment.

I spoke with the manager who was very professional and he was honest that in the first month you may earn about $1500 dollars. This was due to the fact that you would ride with a seasoned rep an split commissions. He also told me that the average rep make about $35000. In the first year. I have been a sales manager and made well over 150k but not a lot of 150k jobs out there right now.

I believe this would be a good job for someone with very low bills. I do see opportunity; however, the fact thay will allow anyone to interview with zero base leads me to believe it is not for me.

Interview Questions

I am currently making money...not enough but I am a pro and I am a bit insulted about interviewing with retired grandmothers and people don't speak or understand the language.

Other Interview Reviews for Bankers Life & Casualty

Sales ? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty.

Found my resume on monster and called me. Woman hard to understand (outside on cell?), reluctant to answer my questions, eager to get me into an interview. She will do everything to avoid answering questions about the job. Once I hung up I had to go online and search to find the company by doing a reverse look-up. Turns out she did call me outside from a cell phone (slightly odd, but whatever) Just to let you know this is a commission only job. I'd recommend that you read further posts by people that have gone further into the process. I also checked out the website. Bottom line: it might work if you don't mind working strictly on commission, but if you're like most people (and myself) and need a regular paycheck (full or at least base+commission) then this job isn't for you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my sales experience. Huge eagerness to get me into an interview.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in April 2012.

I got a call from one of their recruiters went in for a "Interview", but it was actually a presentation about the company and what they had to offer. After that you fill out paperwork (2 pages) and I assume they filter from there. Next is the 1-on-1 interview. I thought it went well, it lasted about 20mins. I think I kind of shot myself in the foot by not knowing which area I wanted to venture into but I think if it as a lesson learned, move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in February 2012.

Simple phone interview, are you interested and we are interviewing on this day. Interview was really just a presentation. They try to get you to agree to 100% comission and "run your own business" plus push using your family as clients. We all know how that business model works out...

Not to say it's not viable but I'd bet you can do better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in June 2011.

Initial by phone... suspicious because i had to post my resume online for unemployment benefits and was contacted like 1 day later. Also because they didn't care that I have 3 months left to graduate with my AS. Decided after online research to do the interview anyway because it is practice for me like the Career Services lady at school advised me, plus if offered the job I will not lose benefits for declining since interview is over 50 miles away but may take it as a part time possibility. I have been laid off so long I need a foot in the door somewhere just to get back in the swing of getting up and around in the morning for something.

Interview Questions
    • Can you attend in business/professional wear?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wickliffe, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickliffe, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in December 2010.

The company called me because they found my resume online. They were very vague about the details, and when I asked what the positions were the recruiter listed a couple job opportunities but was still vague.

I was skeptical, but went to the interview anyway. The receptionist led me to a room with six other people and had me fill out a brief form and gave me a brochure to read through. Then the Sales Manager gave a speech for about 45 minutes. It was very scripted and hokey. He told us a brief discussion about the company, lectured us about the employment market as it is, and explained four different positions they were interviewing for.

Lastly, the Sales Manager had us fill out a form asking us what we thought of the interview process, what we learned, and if we were still interested in interviewing for the available jobs. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real questions because it was a group interview. The Sales Manager asked us some random questions about what we thought all people, women and men alike, value in life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in April 2010.

Horrible, The interview consisted of a group of 40 people that were in a room together. No one was allowed to ask questions. You make no salary. You get no benefits. They can withdraw funds from you account. They are not pleasant people. you are not reimbursed for any expenses

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in April 2007.

Phone interview than two, follow up interviews at the Branch Office.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in September 2009.

Group interview as expected, no deception though not mentioned. Branch Sales Mgr conducted 1.5 hr, well planned, interactive meeting. Business model was presented and potential earnings discussed. Friendly atmoshphere. Signed up for follow up interview bu after more research on Bankers may cancel due to so many bad reviews.

Interview Questions
    • Very few questions asked by group in interview.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waverly, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bankers Life & Casualty in March 2009.

They recruit anyone and everyone (no brains necessary) and sign up anyone willing to join. They even make you pay for your own background check.

Interview Questions

Office was in bad shape which gives a bad image. Vague about earnings, etc. The high school dropouts sitting next to me in the group interview told me they're not very selective.

Worked for Bankers Life & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!