Bankrate

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.3

Market Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bankrate.

I submitted for the position online. I was contacted by HR and set up an interview. I met with HR and then a couple of managers from the department. The interview was fairly simple and straight forward. It lasted maybe an hour or so. I was offered the position very quickly and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I could spell the word "mortgage" because that's about the only skill you need for this job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They told me the range of salary for the department and they offered me the max.

Data Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interview process dragged on for two months. Was initially interviewed by recruiter, then a bankrate employee in NYC. The latter had me complete assignment after assignment, week after week, and droned on endlessly about himself during a phone interview. the job is still open, six months later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bankrate.

Technical phone screen:

Technical questions are asked and if pass then they will ask you for an in person interview the following week.

In Person:

First part of interview with polished empathetic manager introducing himself spending 45 minutes asking questions about background and understanding the candidate.

Second part of interview with developers white board exercises asking comprehensive, conceptual walk through scenarios.

Third part of interview is an ambush. Two narcissistic inexperienced architects asking pointed questions, questioning credibility of candidate, and not wanting to know if the candidate can do the job, but satisfying their own egos at the expense of the candidate. What is really demented, is they seem to enjoy themselves, relishing in the candidates uneasiness. There is another candidate on this site that states they answered a question correctly but was told they were incorrect. I would assume by these two architects.

Fourth part of interview. Follow up with manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you do not know the answer then how could you possibly have 14 years experience working with ... ?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bankrate.

Hiring process started with telephonic interview followed by on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty basic in testing and sql. However some questions were asked based on their application( which would be strange to outsiders )   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bankrate in November 2013.

I always demand feedback, before starting any lengthy tech test. Bankrate reneged on its promise. I should be glad that I only wasted 1 weekend on their behalf. They have a polished show, but some things did not add up.

Interview Questions
    • The only challenge is the time that their tech test takes. The only unexpected part, is that you are not to ask questions, once the test is sent to you, so ask ahead of time.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Palm Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bankrate in July 2013.

One interview. Asked if i heard about the company and what they do. i was told there would be a background check. Also met with the HR rep and she explained some benefits with me. Told me that i would hear something by the end of the week. Received a call by the end of the day with a formal job offer and a starting date. Started the following week.