Banner Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Secretart Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

Very easy. I came in and met the department head and his assistant; got the job later that day. I accepted the offer and started my new job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The pay that I was looking for. What hours I was available. What computer software was I familiar with.   Answer Question

ER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun City West, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health (Sun City West, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The people at Banner Del Webb seemed to really like it there. There were 2 people interviewing me. One seemed to be displeased that I was a new graduate. They wanted to impress that as an ED nurse you need to have more general knowledge than the specialist nurses.

Interview Questions

• what do you think a nurse in the rn is like?   Answer Question
    • what is the first drug to use in SVTs?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall process took 2.5 months from application to first day at work. After the Phone Interview with the recruiter they lined up a first interview with the person who would be my boss. That interview happened 2 weeks after the recruiter call. After that, they decide to narrow the field and callbacks scheduled for 3 weeks from first in-person. Next interview was a panel format with the manager, his manager (director level) and the team lead. Job offer came a week after that with start date two weeks later.

First in-person was the manager getting a feel for whether he wanted you on the team, second had more of the direct-duty questions from their technical lead.

Pay is unfortunately a bit low for the position and there's not a lot of room to negotiate, although I did talk them up a bit from their initial offer (couple K).

Extremely formal environment, everyone wears dress pants and button downs daily, Khakis are rarely seen and Jeans are forbidden.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my last two jobs since both were about 1 year stints   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banner Health (Greeley, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for a brief phone interview within a week of applying. This was followed by an in-person interview with the department head. Very undiscriminating and I didn't feel a lot of pressure. It was a good conversation.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a telephone screening. Then I was called for the in person interview. I was interviewed first by the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer. She basically went over the job details and company overviews. Then I meet with the HR director. She went over a set of questions testing my skills. I thought it went really well. I was leaving town to go to NY for a month which I told them. I got a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview. I had that with a doctor which went just ok, it was hard over the phone. They called me back and said they wanted to do a Skype interview wit the doctor but then two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from them, so I thought I didn't get it. I came home and got called on Thursday for another interview onsite on Friday. I thought it went really well but I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would do if a skilled nursing facility would not discharge a patient ( rehab patient who was medically ready on day 6 ) . It was a Friday and the doctor would not be in again until Monday. They wanted to keep the patient for the 20 days that medicare would pay them.   1 Answer

MEDICAL BILLING Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized and contradictory.

The expectations of the employees is unreasonable. The management is very frugal to the point that no benefits are offered. The Management dress code requirement was also unreasonable as the term osha was mentioned; however, the management team was not following the outlines dress code. A medical insurance allowance was mentioned in the handbook; however, the practice no longer offers this benefit. Nearly every item listed in the handbook was contradictory to what was actually being practiced in the work place.

Interview Questions

• Can you be here on time since you'd be commuting?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

I have been is this department since 2002 and working for Banner Health since 1998. I am actively seeking full time employment elsewhere because of low census. Banner will hold on to your file and use it against you during an interview.

Interview Questions

• Any thing that goes wrong, than its my fault that It was not checked.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Questions are mostly behavioral. Panel interview with three managers. They have a list of questions approximately 6-8 questions. Relaxed atmosphere. Fee questions about clinical experience. The interview lasted for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was thre most challenginn experience you had and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR about a week later setting up an interview. Interviewed with the managers. Everyone was very easy going. Typical behavioral questions. What would you do in this situation, tell me a time this happened...etc.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Tell me a time when there was an issue with your coworker.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview style. It was very conversational; almost felt like I had the job during the interview. The offer and on-boarding process was long. Took two months after the initial interview to start the position.

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation. My salary offering was below the market for the level of experience and education I possess.