Banner Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Tucson, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online was contacted by recruiter two days later. Information forwarded to hiring team. Contacted by hiring team the following week to set up interview. Interviewed with 3 people in department. Brought letters of recommendation because there was nowhere to upload online. Met others in department after interview.Offered position 20 minutes after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it? Describe how you work with a person you don't get along with. Have you ever had to work with someone who does not do their share of work?   Answer Question

Patient Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and was asked to schedule a face to face interview with a group of managers. I attended the interview which took about 30 minutes or so. There was a total of 4 manager 3 of which asked various questions and one that wrote down responses. I received an offer for employment a couple days later.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun City West, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Sun City West, AZ).

Interview

Application process begins online. He calls to screen, then sets up an in-person behavioral-based panel interview consisting of a series of "describe a time you did....", "Tell us about a challenge you had... What did you do?", etc. HR contacts you to make an offer. They are very matter of fact; there is no negotiation on salary. After acceptance, there is a background and drug check.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you had with an employee. What did you do?   Answer Question

Patient Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Queen Creek, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application through the Banner website, i was contacted by a recruiter the following day. The recruiter conducted a phone interview which lead into an appointment for a 1:2 interview at the facility. The interview was scheduled 2 days out. When i arrived for the interview, there were 2 people doing it. I was asked a series of behavioral questions and then a string of "what if's". A good chunk of the interview was "tell me a time when..." A focus on past relative experience was discussed as well as education accomplishments. Once the interview was done, i was told i would be contacted by the recruiter. 6 days later, i got the call and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were in charge of a group of people over a project. What did you do to make the project a success and would you change anything?   Answer Question

Secretart Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

Very easy. I came in and met the department head and his assistant; got the job later that day. I accepted the offer and started my new job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The pay that I was looking for. What hours I was available. What computer software was I familiar with.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall process took 2.5 months from application to first day at work. After the Phone Interview with the recruiter they lined up a first interview with the person who would be my boss. That interview happened 2 weeks after the recruiter call. After that, they decide to narrow the field and callbacks scheduled for 3 weeks from first in-person. Next interview was a panel format with the manager, his manager (director level) and the team lead. Job offer came a week after that with start date two weeks later. First in-person was the manager getting a feel for whether he wanted you on the team, second had more of the direct-duty questions from their technical lead. Pay is unfortunately a bit low for the position and there's not a lot of room to negotiate, although I did talk them up a bit from their initial offer (couple K). Extremely formal environment, everyone wears dress pants and button downs daily, Khakis are rarely seen and Jeans are forbidden.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my last two jobs since both were about 1 year stints   1 Answer

ER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun City West, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Sun City West, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The people at Banner Del Webb seemed to really like it there. There were 2 people interviewing me. One seemed to be displeased that I was a new graduate. They wanted to impress that as an ED nurse you need to have more general knowledge than the specialist nurses.

Interview Questions

• what do you think a nurse in the rn is like?   Answer Question
    • what is the first drug to use in SVTs?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Greeley, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for a brief phone interview within a week of applying. This was followed by an in-person interview with the department head. Very undiscriminating and I didn't feel a lot of pressure. It was a good conversation.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a telephone screening. Then I was called for the in person interview. I was interviewed first by the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer. She basically went over the job details and company overviews. Then I meet with the HR director. She went over a set of questions testing my skills. I thought it went really well. I was leaving town to go to NY for a month which I told them. I got a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview. I had that with a doctor which went just ok, it was hard over the phone. They called me back and said they wanted to do a Skype interview wit the doctor but then two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from them, so I thought I didn't get it. I came home and got called on Thursday for another interview onsite on Friday. I thought it went really well but I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would do if a skilled nursing facility would not discharge a patient ( rehab patient who was medically ready on day 6 ) . It was a Friday and the doctor would not be in again until Monday. They wanted to keep the patient for the 20 days that medicare would pay them.   1 Answer

MEDICAL BILLING Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very unorganized and contradictory. The expectations of the employees is unreasonable. The management is very frugal to the point that no benefits are offered. The Management dress code requirement was also unreasonable as the term osha was mentioned; however, the management team was not following the outlines dress code. A medical insurance allowance was mentioned in the handbook; however, the practice no longer offers this benefit. Nearly every item listed in the handbook was contradictory to what was actually being practiced in the work place.

Interview Questions

• Can you be here on time since you'd be commuting?   1 Answer