Banner Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.8

Labor and Delivery Surgical Technologist I Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Banner Health.

I have been is this department since 2002 and working for Banner Health since 1998. I am actively seeking full time employment elsewhere because of low census. Banner will hold on to your file and use it against you during an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Any thing that goes wrong, than its my fault that It was not checked.   View Answer

RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health.

Applied online. Received a call from HR about a week later setting up an interview. Interviewed with the managers. Everyone was very easy going. Typical behavioral questions. What would you do in this situation, tell me a time this happened...etc.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Tell me a time when there was an issue with your coworker.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banner Health.

Pretty laid back interview style. It was very conversational; almost felt like I had the job during the interview. The offer and on-boarding process was long. Took two months after the initial interview to start the position.

Little to no negotiation. My salary offering was below the market for the level of experience and education I possess.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in January 2015.

Applied online. Took about two weeks to get a call from HR. HR asked about five easy questions about background and history. Scheduled an in person interview for the unit with the nurse manager and CNL.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions: Tell us about a time in which you and a coworker came from different backgrounds and didn't get along. How did you deal with the co-worker and what is the end result?   Answer Question
    • a few on patient safety.   Answer Question

Digital Media Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview was friendly and provided insight into what the job entailed. Took a long time to hear back. Corporate world takes weeks and sometimes months to get a response. Exciting to interview for a big medical company.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult challenge in field of work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Banner Health.

Application was submitted on a Sunday, was called back the next day(Monday) and did a quick 3 question interview with HR. After was asked to come in for an in person interview Tuesday and received a call Friday offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral based interview which is pretty standard for healthcare jobs.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Patient Financial Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health.

They called me back 2 weeks after applying and never heard back. I was calling and emailing with no reply. Then after a month later I called and she told me the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • How are you with being able to discuss large amounts being owed to the hospital.   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK
    Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in October 2014.

Had a super formal interview with the manager at Home Medical in Fairbanks. Then had a panel type interview where I was grilled on my credentials (I'm from another country) and my dedication to getting my American credentials. It was less about my skills and more about how I looked on paper.

Interview Questions
    • When are you getting your American credentials? What's the number to the governing body? I would like to verify your information. Who did you talk to there?   View Answer

I did not like the way they conducted themselves.

Radiologic Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Banner Health in October 2014.

The recruiters were easy to talk to and immediate in their followup with email information about my interview. They provided company information, asked what questions I had, and answered honestly and thoroughly. Next steps were clearly detailed and completed as indicated.

Interview Questions
    • The vision of the company was stated and I was asked to respond how I would implement or contribute to that vision.   Answer Question

Patient Financial Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health.

Applied got a call 5 days later had interview with four managers was told i would hear from them in a week never received a call from them and it has already been 3 weeks. Checked the status on my application on the website and it still says pending hiring team review

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you went above and beyond for a patient and What was the outcome   Answer Question