Banner Health

Average Difficulty
51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – Behavior based questions, about 20 of them. Not too difficult, but it probably is better to have an answer for each question, than to not. just say strong key words that they are looking for, like quality, driven, excellence. they look for these three things while interviewing: Energy, enthusiasm, and excitement.

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – Filled out plenty of online applications. Was under review for about 3 weeks. Was called in to come and interview. Met with a recruiter first and answered basic questions, preferred schedule, any weekly obligations, etc. Also had to answer how I will uphold their mission statement. I met with 2 unit managers from 2 different units and answered about 7 or 8 questions. Very simple. Just no chemistry with the unit managers. It was a mass interview they were interviewing people from 7 am to 5 pm and i felt they were bored by the time it was my turn.

Interview Question – What words do you use to convey safety to a patient?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Banner Health in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process had it's pros and cons. The application online is very time consuming and could be organized better. It does not give any room to individualize answers and explain how you can provide value to the company. It's very much a screening tool. The interviews (phone and 1:1) were alarmingly easy.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all. Interviews were entirely scripted and quite mundane, which in my mind, makes it extremely difficult to differentiate between candidates or learn anything about their ability to communicate or think on their feet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate, but the maximum the company would negotiate was around 1.5% above the initial offer. No possibility for negotiating any fringe benefits, such as additional vacation days.

Anonymous Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Banner Health in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, sluggish hiring process 4 months from submitting application to getting a start date; interview was a positive experience however the lengthy hiring process had me looking elsewhere as I began to doubt whether the position I was interviewing for actually existed. They were willing to negotiate salary and increased their offer by 2500 dollars when I rejected the first offer which was 5000 dollars lower than the minimum salary requirement I posted on my application.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly challenging about the interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their initial offer was 5000 lower than the minimum salary I listed on my application; I rejected that offer and the company met me half way offering an additional 2500 dollars.

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – I completed an application online. I received a phone call for an interview. I had one interview and a job offer within a few days. I brought copies of my resume, letters of recommendation and current certifications.

Interview Question – The interview questions were mostly behavior based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. Please negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – This took forever initially and then they wanted me there in a very short time constraint and ready to travel immediately. It took 3 months or more to get the real phone interview, then an onsite. Offer letter was not complete as the moving expenses were not mentioned and after hire they added an addendum saying you had to stay one year or pay back.

Interview Question – They were pretty much straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was undercut on pay $10K-$15K per year. Working 70 hours a week sometimes as exempt. They got their pound of flesh so to speak.

Glendale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – Always find out the director/manager of the department you are hiring for and send them a personal resume and cover letter and possible call. HR very understaffed and may not respond or delete your resume.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation with a doctor and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, they don't negotiate pay very much and it is decided in HR vs Director now

Registered Nurse CVICU Interview

Registered Nurse CVICU

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with senior manager. Applied on-line, after searching for CVICU positions in Arizona. After discussing the open position, the senior manager asked specific questions about experience and ability to move to Arizona. Some discussion regarding compensation and Banner Health.

Interview Question – No difficult questioned asked.   Answer Question

Intake Coordinator Interview

Intake Coordinator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Banner Health in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had 1 interview with Banner Health and was hired.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – Several interviews were required including phone screens, interviews, and a presentation.

Interview Question – How do you handle leaders in conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said I was unable to negotiate. I know people who were able to negotiate so do try.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Banner Health

Worked for Banner Health? Contribute to the Community!