Banner Health Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.7

Patient Financial Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health.

They called me back 2 weeks after applying and never heard back. I was calling and emailing with no reply. Then after a month later I called and she told me the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • How are you with being able to discuss large amounts being owed to the hospital.   Answer Question

Patient Financial Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banner Health.

Applied got a call 5 days later had interview with four managers was told i would hear from them in a week never received a call from them and it has already been 3 weeks. Checked the status on my application on the website and it still says pending hiring team review

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you went above and beyond for a patient and What was the outcome   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banner Health.

Behavior based questions, about 20 of them. Not too difficult, but it probably is better to have an answer for each question, than to not. just say strong key words that they are looking for, like quality, driven, excellence. they look for these three things while interviewing: Energy, enthusiasm, and excitement.

not much room for negotiation

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health.

Filled out plenty of online applications. Was under review for about 3 weeks. Was called in to come and interview. Met with a recruiter first and answered basic questions, preferred schedule, any weekly obligations, etc. Also had to answer how I will uphold their mission statement. I met with 2 unit managers from 2 different units and answered about 7 or 8 questions. Very simple. Just no chemistry with the unit managers. It was a mass interview they were interviewing people from 7 am to 5 pm and i felt they were bored by the time it was my turn.

Staff RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banner Health.

I completed an application online. I received a phone call for an interview. I had one interview and a job offer within a few days. I brought copies of my resume, letters of recommendation and current certifications.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were mostly behavior based questions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Please negotiate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Banner Health.

This took forever initially and then they wanted me there in a very short time constraint and ready to travel immediately. It took 3 months or more to get the real phone interview, then an onsite. Offer letter was not complete as the moving expenses were not mentioned and after hire they added an addendum saying you had to stay one year or pay back.

Interview Questions
    I was undercut on pay $10K-$15K per year. Working 70 hours a week sometimes as exempt. They got their pound of flesh so to speak.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Banner Health.

Always find out the director/manager of the department you are hiring for and send them a personal resume and cover letter and possible call. HR very understaffed and may not respond or delete your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation with a doctor and how you handled it   Answer Question
    none, they don't negotiate pay very much and it is decided in HR vs Director now

Registered Nurse CVICU Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banner Health.

Telephone interview with senior manager. Applied on-line, after searching for CVICU positions in Arizona. After discussing the open position, the senior manager asked specific questions about experience and ability to move to Arizona. Some discussion regarding compensation and Banner Health.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Banner Health.

Several interviews were required including phone screens, interviews, and a presentation.

Interview Questions
    They said I was unable to negotiate. I know people who were able to negotiate so do try.

CNA Interview

There were 3 interviews, the first being online, the second in person and the last by HR.

Interview Questions
    • It was why I left my last job at Select. I had to sound professional without sounding blaming for the mistreatment I had received.   Answer Question
    There was none.