Banner Health

Banner Health Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Banner Health.

Several interviews were required including phone screens, interviews, and a presentation.

Interview Questions
    They said I was unable to negotiate. I know people who were able to negotiate so do try.

Business Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Banner Health.

I applied, had to interview with a recruiter the typical corporate questions... Tell me about a time when...got an offer on the spot and accepted. When through an extensive pre-employment background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when... Give me an example when... In (blank) situation what did you do or how did you handle...   View Answer
    Flat offer

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in August 2013.

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter in about 5 days. You must know someone as a referral to get your application pulled. I have applied about 20 times before and never received a call, so knowing someone at Banner is vital. Scheduled a phone interview a few days later. Pretty basic questions some behavioral questions, but nothing to difficult. I then was ask for a 2nd interview with the Nursing Manager I would be working for. The Nurse Manager was very warm and really wanted to get to know me better. It was one of the best interviews I've had. Behavioral questions were the main focus but they also lead to a discussion about past experiences. One week later I received a call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were in a group and what role did you have and the outcome of the project.   Answer Question

Clinical Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banner Health.

The interview process was rather quick and a smooth transition, the culture is very friendly and belief that the patient comes first

Interview Questions
    • I felt the questions were straight forward and expected   Answer Question
    Direct

Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Banner Health in May 2013.

Just before the interview the hiring manager called me and asked if I needed support for employment visa. He said they would not be able to support it. There is no point to have the interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in December 2012.

2 Part interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest decision you've had to make in the past year?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Imaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in March 2012.

Recruiter called for phone interview, hiring supervisor called for phone interview, 1:1 interview

No negotiation

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banner Health in January 2010.

I had 1 interview with Banner Health and was hired.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Banner Health in September 2009.

Started out at a temp, or "travel nurse" so I was already acquainted with the hiring manager. Interactions were not intimidating, or "scary" more than the norm. I was basically offered the job before the interview so the formal setting was brief and only hospital policy basically. The interview consisted of reasons I became a nurse, expectations for my role on the unit, and some real life field Q & A.
    Give comprehensive answers that exemplify "A" quality nursing and you will fit into the Banner quality standards for hire.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where there was conflict with a staff member/ colleague that required some sort of intervention on my part.   View Answer
    • Worst clinical situation to date, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiations. I was given my lowest asking hourly of $32/hr given this was my hourly pay as a traveler. Considered this to be roughly the average hourly for my experience in this area...perhaps better? (not cerrtain).

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banner Health in November 2008.

Interview very easy going, no new tactics, it is one on one.

Interview Questions
    the negotiation is terrible, there is none, unless you are a male, males get paid more than females