Banner Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intake Coordinator Interview

Intake Coordinator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Banner Health in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had 1 interview with Banner Health and was hired.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – Several interviews were required including phone screens, interviews, and a presentation.

Interview Question – How do you handle leaders in conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said I was unable to negotiate. I know people who were able to negotiate so do try.

Business Support Coordinator Interview

Business Support Coordinator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – I applied, had to interview with a recruiter the typical corporate questions... Tell me about a time when...got an offer on the spot and accepted. When through an extensive pre-employment background check and drug screen.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when... Give me an example when... In (blank) situation what did you do or how did you handle...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Flat offer

Imaging Interview

Imaging
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banner Health in March 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called for phone interview, hiring supervisor called for phone interview, 1:1 interview

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Patient Care Assistant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banner Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from the recruiter in about 5 days. You must know someone as a referral to get your application pulled. I have applied about 20 times before and never received a call, so knowing someone at Banner is vital. Scheduled a phone interview a few days later. Pretty basic questions some behavioral questions, but nothing to difficult. I then was ask for a 2nd interview with the Nursing Manager I would be working for. The Nurse Manager was very warm and really wanted to get to know me better. It was one of the best interviews I've had. Behavioral questions were the main focus but they also lead to a discussion about past experiences. One week later I received a call and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you were in a group and what role did you have and the outcome of the project.   Answer Question

Clinical Systems Analyst Interview

Clinical Systems Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview Details – The interview process was rather quick and a smooth transition, the culture is very friendly and belief that the patient comes first

Interview Question – I felt the questions were straight forward and expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Direct

Systems Consultant Interview

Systems Consultant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Banner Health in May 2013.

Interview Details – Just before the interview the hiring manager called me and asked if I needed support for employment visa. He said they would not be able to support it. There is no point to have the interview.

Interview Question – What if you have a disagreement with others?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Banner Health in December 2012.

Interview Details – 2 Part interview process.

Interview Question – What is the biggest decision you've had to make in the past year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Banner Health in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was applying consistently on-line for 1.5 years before I accepted this position. I had 2 interviews, total.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Banner?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. My advice is DO.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Banner Health in September 2009.

Interview Details – Started out at a temp, or "travel nurse" so I was already acquainted with the hiring manager. Interactions were not intimidating, or "scary" more than the norm. I was basically offered the job before the interview so the formal setting was brief and only hospital policy basically. The interview consisted of reasons I became a nurse, expectations for my role on the unit, and some real life field Q & A.
Give comprehensive answers that exemplify "A" quality nursing and you will fit into the Banner quality standards for hire.

Interview Questions

• A situation where there was conflict with a staff member/ colleague that required some sort of intervention on my part.   View Answer
  • Worst clinical situation to date, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I was given my lowest asking hourly of $32/hr given this was my hourly pay as a traveler. Considered this to be roughly the average hourly for my experience in this area...perhaps better? (not cerrtain).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Banner Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banner Health interview questions and advice in Phoenix, AZ. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Banner Health employees and interview candidates.