Banner Health Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in January 2015.

Applied online. Took about two weeks to get a call from HR. HR asked about five easy questions about background and history. Scheduled an in person interview for the unit with the nurse manager and CNL.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral Questions: Tell us about a time in which you and a coworker came from different backgrounds and didn't get along. How did you deal with the co-worker and what is the end result?   Answer Question
  • a few on patient safety.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banner Health

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banner Health.

Behavior based questions, about 20 of them. Not too difficult, but it probably is better to have an answer for each question, than to not. just say strong key words that they are looking for, like quality, driven, excellence. they look for these three things while interviewing: Energy, enthusiasm, and excitement.

not much room for negotiation

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health.

Filled out plenty of online applications. Was under review for about 3 weeks. Was called in to come and interview. Met with a recruiter first and answered basic questions, preferred schedule, any weekly obligations, etc. Also had to answer how I will uphold their mission statement. I met with 2 unit managers from 2 different units and answered about 7 or 8 questions. Very simple. Just no chemistry with the unit managers. It was a mass interview they were interviewing people from 7 am to 5 pm and i felt they were bored by the time it was my turn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Banner Health.

Always find out the director/manager of the department you are hiring for and send them a personal resume and cover letter and possible call. HR very understaffed and may not respond or delete your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation with a doctor and how you handled it   Answer Question
    none, they don't negotiate pay very much and it is decided in HR vs Director now

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banner Health.

Interviewed with manager along with staff member from unit.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to improve the function of your unit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in September 2012.

Contacted to setup one interview. After attending this initial interview, which was one-on-one, I was scheduled for a follow-up interview. The second interview was a "panel" and containted six senior nurse-managers. Both interviews consisted of behavioral interview questions and neither contained any "typical" questions (i.e. weakness, strength, leadership, why this field, though they did ask "Why you?").

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 9 or 10 patient experience.   View Answer
    We would like to make you an offer. Do you need time to think about it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banner Health in September 2010.

Behavioral Based questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banner Health in February 2010.

Standard questions - i.e., "The mission of Banner Health is [insert mission here]. How do you see yourself fitting into that mission?" "Give us an example of a challenge you have overcome in your previous employment."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Banner Health in September 2009.

Started out at a temp, or "travel nurse" so I was already acquainted with the hiring manager. Interactions were not intimidating, or "scary" more than the norm. I was basically offered the job before the interview so the formal setting was brief and only hospital policy basically. The interview consisted of reasons I became a nurse, expectations for my role on the unit, and some real life field Q & A.
    Give comprehensive answers that exemplify "A" quality nursing and you will fit into the Banner quality standards for hire.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where there was conflict with a staff member/ colleague that required some sort of intervention on my part.   View Answer
    • Worst clinical situation to date, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiations. I was given my lowest asking hourly of $32/hr given this was my hourly pay as a traveler. Considered this to be roughly the average hourly for my experience in this area...perhaps better? (not cerrtain).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banner Health in November 2008.

Interview very easy going, no new tactics, it is one on one.

Interview Questions
    the negotiation is terrible, there is none, unless you are a male, males get paid more than females