Bar Louie Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bar Louie.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application. One manager came and talked to me about my application and what Bar Louie was about. They asked if I had worked in a restaurant with happy hour before, which I had not. He also asked how comfortable I was with upselling, and then asked me to "sell" him the salt shaker on the table. After that he told me to come back the next day to meet with the hiring manager, which I did, and got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• How would you upsell a martini?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bar Louie in August 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call for an interview with the assistant manager. After initial interview I scheduled a follow up interview with the store manager. The whole process took about two weeks. After hired I had to take a food safety certification and a BASSETERRE class

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bar Louie in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got call back and had interview with Hiring manager, then GM. The 1 on 1 interviews weren't that bad. Basically they just talk to you and try to get to know you a little. If you're an attractive girl you're most likely hired the second you enter the door so don't bother being nervous for a call back.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever committed a crime?   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bar Louie (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Started with phone interview. Pretty basic. Then I was sent to their website to take an abilities/personality test. I was asked to meet with a district manager at the restaurant, The GM was also in attendance. They spent more time telling me about them than asking questions of me. Fairly laid back experience on my part.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with employees who are not working to a satisfactory level.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bar Louie (Hampton, VA).

Interview

It was like being interrogated by two people it wasnt friendly didnt ask if i had any questions at the end and they dont let you get a thirty minute break during long hour shifts you arent guaranteed a break to recover yourself on a night with high volume which isnt right as well as illegal.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bar Louie.

Interview

Long interview process. Had to take huge test at the end. Training process was starting out on floor for 1 month before any management training was done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was made after training period.

Line Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bar Louie (Merrillville, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Quick Interview, If you have the experience they are looking for you will be hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• If you had to put a warning label on your self what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer low pay, you have to haggle and they still only gave me 9 and i was in a bind so i accepted

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bar Louie (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

There was a meet and greet, only a few questions, have experience, "good" and that was basically it, aside from asking what days I can work. It is ironic that there isn't much else I can put.

Interview Questions

• have you done this type of work before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations aside from availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bar Louie (Washington, DC).

Interview

Required to list standard work experience, etc. Success in the interview (for me) depended less on my direct prior experience (at a counter-service restaurant) and more on my manner/persuasiveness as a server. I was asked to describe menu items and try to demonstrate good upselling. During the training period, we did mock serving exercises, had to take exams about the food and drink menu.

Interview Questions

• Beer/alcohol knowledge. I did not have a lot of prior experience serving, so coming up with lots of different types for certain alcohols (like tequila) was challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bar Louie (Perrysburg, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

They interview was very laid back and more of a conversation. I was asked all the basics, like why I wanted to work for Bar Louie, where I as going to school, how old I was, etc. I was just very questionable and "interested" in the company and asked the manager questions about how long the company has been around and who the CEO was, I asked anything I could think of and 45 minutes later I got a seecond interview. The second interview was just so the new manager could meet me and he gave me the position.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions are the personal questions like, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work for the company (I researched the company before hand). How many jobs I've had, why I only worked at some for a certain amount of time and why I was unemployeed for so long before I applied here (because the unemployeement rate in my city is ridiculous!).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I honestly didn't negotiate, because I needed the job more than I wanted it and I didn't want to risk myself getting hired, besides they offered me .50 more then the Ohio minimum wage, which is the most I've ever made at a job.