Bar Louie

1.9

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bar Louie in June 2014.

Started with phone interview. Pretty basic. Then I was sent to their website to take an abilities/personality test. I was asked to meet with a district manager at the restaurant, The GM was also in attendance. They spent more time telling me about them than asking questions of me. Fairly laid back experience on my part.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with employees who are not working to a satisfactory level.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bar Louie.

Long interview process. Had to take huge test at the end. Training process was starting out on floor for 1 month before any management training was done.

Interview Questions
    Was made after training period.

Line Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bar Louie in July 2013.

Quick Interview, If you have the experience they are looking for you will be hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • If you had to put a warning label on your self what would it be?   View Answer
    They offer low pay, you have to haggle and they still only gave me 9 and i was in a bind so i accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bar Louie in April 2013.

There was a meet and greet, only a few questions, have experience, "good" and that was basically it, aside from asking what days I can work. It is ironic that there isn't much else I can put.

Interview Questions
    • have you done this type of work before?   View Answer
    no negotiations aside from availability

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bar Louie.

Required to list standard work experience, etc. Success in the interview (for me) depended less on my direct prior experience (at a counter-service restaurant) and more on my manner/persuasiveness as a server. I was asked to describe menu items and try to demonstrate good upselling.

During the training period, we did mock serving exercises, had to take exams about the food and drink menu.

Interview Questions
    • Beer/alcohol knowledge. I did not have a lot of prior experience serving, so coming up with lots of different types for certain alcohols (like tequila) was challenging.   Answer Question
    N/A

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bar Louie in December 2011.

They interview was very laid back and more of a conversation. I was asked all the basics, like why I wanted to work for Bar Louie, where I as going to school, how old I was, etc. I was just very questionable and "interested" in the company and asked the manager questions about how long the company has been around and who the CEO was, I asked anything I could think of and 45 minutes later I got a seecond interview. The second interview was just so the new manager could meet me and he gave me the position.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions are the personal questions like, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work for the company (I researched the company before hand). How many jobs I've had, why I only worked at some for a certain amount of time and why I was unemployeed for so long before I applied here (because the unemployeement rate in my city is ridiculous!).   View Answer
    I honestly didn't negotiate, because I needed the job more than I wanted it and I didn't want to risk myself getting hired, besides they offered me .50 more then the Ohio minimum wage, which is the most I've ever made at a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bar Louie in October 2011.

Easy, just be personable

Interview Questions
    "Can you start on XYZ date? Yes."

Administrative Assistant Chief Financial Officer/Human Resources/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bar Louie in April 2011.

Positive, fun work environment, team oriented

Interview Questions
    • What do you incorporate to stay organized?   Answer Question
    • Can you say "No" when others request your assistance to keep your workload manageable? Can you multitask in every sense of the word? Explain?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary was disclosed, take it or leave it. Benefits are very poor and expensive. 5 days vaca., all positions require lots overtime due to being understaffed and new corp office set up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bar Louie in August 2010.

The hiring process was done by the GM - who pretty much told me they only hire from within, or if you are an attractive female. I was neither, so I knew I couldn't bartend right away, so I had to go to "from within" route.

Interview Questions
    • None - they ask very simple questions anyone with lkmited bartending experience would be able to get.   Answer Question
    Told them I should be bartending within 3 months.