Bar Louie

Relevance Date Difficulty

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bar Louie in June 2014.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview. Pretty basic. Then I was sent to their website to take an abilities/personality test. I was asked to meet with a district manager at the restaurant, The GM was also in attendance. They spent more time telling me about them than asking questions of me. Fairly laid back experience on my part.

Interview Question – How to deal with employees who are not working to a satisfactory level.   View Answer

Line Supervisor Interview

Line Supervisor
Merrillville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bar Louie in July 2013.

Interview Details – Quick Interview, If you have the experience they are looking for you will be hired on the spot

Interview Question – If you had to put a warning label on your self what would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer low pay, you have to haggle and they still only gave me 9 and i was in a bind so i accepted

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Bar Louie.

Interview Details – Long interview process. Had to take huge test at the end. Training process was starting out on floor for 1 month before any management training was done.

Interview Question – Any weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was made after training period.

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bar Louie in October 2011.

Interview Details – Easy, just be personable

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "Can you start on XYZ date? Yes."

Server Interview

Server
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bar Louie.

Interview Details – Required to list standard work experience, etc. Success in the interview (for me) depended less on my direct prior experience (at a counter-service restaurant) and more on my manner/persuasiveness as a server. I was asked to describe menu items and try to demonstrate good upselling.

During the training period, we did mock serving exercises, had to take exams about the food and drink menu.

Interview Question – Beer/alcohol knowledge. I did not have a lot of prior experience serving, so coming up with lots of different types for certain alcohols (like tequila) was challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Perrysburg, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bar Louie in December 2011.

Interview Details – They interview was very laid back and more of a conversation. I was asked all the basics, like why I wanted to work for Bar Louie, where I as going to school, how old I was, etc. I was just very questionable and "interested" in the company and asked the manager questions about how long the company has been around and who the CEO was, I asked anything I could think of and 45 minutes later I got a seecond interview. The second interview was just so the new manager could meet me and he gave me the position.

Interview Question – The hardest questions are the personal questions like, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work for the company (I researched the company before hand). How many jobs I've had, why I only worked at some for a certain amount of time and why I was unemployeed for so long before I applied here (because the unemployeement rate in my city is ridiculous!).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I honestly didn't negotiate, because I needed the job more than I wanted it and I didn't want to risk myself getting hired, besides they offered me .50 more then the Ohio minimum wage, which is the most I've ever made at a job.

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bar Louie in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was done by the GM - who pretty much told me they only hire from within, or if you are an attractive female. I was neither, so I knew I couldn't bartend right away, so I had to go to "from within" route.

Interview Question – None - they ask very simple questions anyone with lkmited bartending experience would be able to get.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told them I should be bartending within 3 months.

Administrative Assistant Chief Financial Officer/Human Resources/Marketing Interview

Administrative Assistant Chief Financial Officer/Human Resources/Marketing
Dallas, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bar Louie in April 2011.

Interview Details – Positive, fun work environment, team oriented

Interview Questions

• What do you incorporate to stay organized?   Answer Question
  • Can you say "No" when others request your assistance to keep your workload manageable? Can you multitask in every sense of the word? Explain?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary was disclosed, take it or leave it. Benefits are very poor and expensive. 5 days vaca., all positions require lots overtime due to being understaffed and new corp office set up.

Worked for Bar Louie? Contribute to the Community!