Barbizon

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Promotional Representative Interview

Promotional Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Barbizon.

Interview Details – I found this job on craigslist and applied via e-mail. I was contacted by the National events coordinator and was interviewed over the phone. I had to answer several questions about team work, my experience and interest in fashion and I was sent the procedure manual that I had to take a test on. I was offered the position within a few days after my interview.

Interview Question – I can't recall the most difficult question. Just be sure to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm about achieving results, organization and team work.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Modeling Instructor Interview

Modeling Instructor
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Barbizon in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was an average interview. I was offered the position immediately. It was casual and comfortable and I felt at ease. I dressed professionally and so did the Interviewer.

Interview Question – Can you keep a client?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Instructor Interview

Instructor

Interviewed at Barbizon

Interview Details – Great!

Interview Question – There really wasn't one   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist & PR Interview

Receptionist & PR
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Barbizon in July 2013.

Interview Details – My initial interview went very well and I made the choice to lay my cards out on the table regarding what I expect from the workplace, cohorts as well as an eventual salary mark. HR's response was positive and reassuring.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a proper starting salary but to no avail. The only deal that was left on the table was that I would be able to receive my asking salary upon a 60 day review process (which wouldn't have happened without my persistance on the subject).

Talent Director Booker Interview

Talent Director Booker
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barbizon in June 2013.

Interview Details – One Interview were company was mostly sold to me rather than asking me real interviewing questions. The manager is very psychological in the way that she handles the interview..red flags

Interview Question – Can you start right away. Most credible employers will give you two weeks.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barbizon in November 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted a CL and Resume for a management position for inside sales. When I arrived to the interview the lady I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about and wanted me to sign on as a sales associate then work my way up to the management position. Ridiculous. I would've had to take a 60% pay cut over what i'm making now. No way was I going to even consider it.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – False advertising

Modeling/Acting Instructor Interview

Modeling/Acting Instructor

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Barbizon in March 2010.

Interview Details – I first saw the ad on craigslist, and it was very detailed on all of the skills they were seeking. I did a cover letter to highlight those main points with examples of the skills along with a resume. It was about two weeks later before I got my first phone interview call, but at that point, they explained the position and the opportunity for growth with the company. They asked if I was still interested and I replied yes. Then they asked for more examples of the skills they were looking for. After passing that, I moved to the second and final interview process with her boss over the phone as well before finally being invited to their paid training orientation because of my phone personality and my resume. It seems like a great part time job opportunity if you have your weekends free.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you have worked with children in the past as a mentor.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The schedule to work there would conflict with my other job schedule on a few Saturdays and church on Sundays. Therefore, rather than miss a day since they like perfect attendance, I decided to decline the position. Overall, the staff seemed very nice. I sent a professional thank you letter to decline and that was my last communication to or from them.

Worked for Barbizon? Contribute to the Community!