Barbizon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.1

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barbizon in March 2015.

Interview

Got an email and a call back after applying online, then got invited for a two-day training. Must show up as if dressed for a casting. Plan to spend at least one full day training with the company. If you get picked, there will be a second day of training.

Interview Questions

• A full day (unpaid) training with a group must be attended in order to proceed. After the first day is completed, they will let you know if they want you to attend further training on the second day (paid), which counts as the "first" day on the job. After the second day of training is completed, they will give you further instructions and a list of the upcoming class schedules so you can give them your availability. There weren't any difficult questions, you just have to show your personality and if they like you and your background/experiences and you are able to pick up the concepts quickly, you will probably get an offer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barbizon.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few hours later. Spoke with the hiring manager on the phone for about 35 minutes and then was invited to interview with her for later that week. Ended up canceling my interviewer after doing some research online about the company and finding a lot of negative reviews from past employees as well as claims of fraud and various lawsuits.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Barbizon.

Interview

Must submit a resume and head shot. Phone Interview. In person interview. Extensive Training you must pass. The extensive training is the most challenging, yet the most rewarding. You are given the opportunity to learn as much about the company and what is expected hands on. You must show what you learned and set by example along with product results must be outstanding!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Barbizon   1 Answer

Negotiation

Awesome. They are an exciting company to work for and I wanted to be a part of the team.

Corporate Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barbizon (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via email and was contacted for a phone interview. After my phone interview I was had an interview via Skype with the management team who was polite and welcoming. After the Skype interview I was flown in for an in person interview where we spoke about the job expectations and any questions I might have. After the interview we went out to lunch at a nice restaurant. Definitely the best interview process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• I. In the work place have you ever encountered a problem you didn't know how to solve ? If so how did you go about diffusing and solving the issue?   Answer Question

Barbizon Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barbizon.

Interview

Quick phone interview, and then a few days later a 20 minute interview with Sales Manager. Very easy. It is more about them than you....they ask very little. One question that stuck out in my mind was the sales manager asking about me if I have kids--what ages and if they are girls or boys. They like mothers because they think mothers can sell to mothers. I don't remember her asking me a lot of questions about my work experience or skills, it was more about what they offer and trying to make me think what a great company it is. The one thing I noticed is that the sales manager made it clear she had several interviews, and made it sound like a tougher hiring process than it was. She said she would get back to me in a week, but she called me that night.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They say they offer a base salary of 30K (that's debatable as I never got anything in writing) and commission. I asked them for an "offer letter" as that is what I have gotten from past employers--but I never got a formal offer letter, it was all verbal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Barbizon (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

We went through a day of training and they pretty much looked for who they thought would be best for the job.once they knew who they wanted they had us come back the next day for the last day of training. It was a lot of fun I learned quite a bit and had fun while doing it. All of us teachers really bonded during this time also.

Interview Questions

• What is a double half turn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barbizon (Tampa, FL).

Interview

After I applied online, I was contacted for a phone interview. At the conclusion of the interview the Hiring Manager extended an invitation to a interview at their office. This interview was described as an interview and audition. At the end of the first day, if they wished to move forward with me as a candidate, I would be invited back the following day for a day of paid training.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barbizon in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position via email and received a call on the next business day with a few brief questions and a job offer. The recruiter was quick and seemed very desperate. She even told me I was on the VIP list since I had attended the school. Recruiter said I had a little time to make my decision and was going to send me more information and photos of the events in an email that would make me change my mind and want to work for them. Call, interview, and job offer took no more than 10 minutes.

A few minutes later I received an email with no subject, no body, no signature. The recruiter sent me 19 recap photos of the events which generally consisted of about 4 teenagers and two ladies in their mid to late 40's posing at a mall (some in front of Barbizon's promo table). My gut said no but, I figured I'd try and negotiate the rate that was offered which was: $330 for the entire weekend. Hours offered were Fri 3-9, Saturday 1130-9, Sun 1230-6. 2 entire weekends mandatory per month.

Here are some of the email responses I received during the process.

RESPONSE (copied from email):
     Hello < we have a flat rate, of 330 dollars plus commission and bonus, the commission comes from leads of useable,
    lets say they need 250 leads for the weekend you are then get 50 cents extra a lead over 300 65 cents a lead ,
    this is only a weekend event, this comes from our Corp Office,
    I wish you the best in get the job you are looking for
    Sincerely

RESPONSE (copied from email):
    Hi (anonymous) I am working on over 200 cities right now , what state are you in again please, and yes if you pass training we have a schedule that you put your , times you can work

(***this is less than 24 hours of the interview***)

RESPONSE (copied from email):
    ok can you resend your resume and picture asap to me

Worked with the company as a teacher for a few weeks in 2012 and remembered why I quit in the first place. Don't want to sell kids and parents false hope. This was strike three. I'll never return. Sad company needs a complete revamp.

Teacher/Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barbizon (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had to go to a teacher training and meet with our district manager! I went threw the first day, which included a training phase and a interview to see if I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a girl that gets upset or doesn't want to participate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's was very easy because the company is very accommodating!

Promotional Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barbizon.

Interview

I found this job on craigslist and applied via e-mail. I was contacted by the National events coordinator and was interviewed over the phone. I had to answer several questions about team work, my experience and interest in fashion and I was sent the procedure manual that I had to take a test on. I was offered the position within a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall the most difficult question. Just be sure to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm about achieving results, organization and team work.   Answer Question