Barbizon

1.8

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barbizon.

After I applied online, I was contacted for a phone interview. At the conclusion of the interview the Hiring Manager extended an invitation to a interview at their office. This interview was described as an interview and audition. At the end of the first day, if they wished to move forward with me as a candidate, I would be invited back the following day for a day of paid training.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barbizon in September 2014.

I applied for the position via email and received a call on the next business day with a few brief questions and a job offer. The recruiter was quick and seemed very desperate. She even told me I was on the VIP list since I had attended the school. Recruiter said I had a little time to make my decision and was going to send me more information and photos of the events in an email that would make me change my mind and want to work for them. Call, interview, and job offer took no more than 10 minutes.

A few minutes later I received an email with no subject, no body, no signature. The recruiter sent me 19 recap photos of the events which generally consisted of about 4 teenagers and two ladies in their mid to late 40's posing at a mall (some in front of Barbizon's promo table). My gut said no but, I figured I'd try and negotiate the rate that was offered which was: $330 for the entire weekend. Hours offered were Fri 3-9, Saturday 1130-9, Sun 1230-6. 2 entire weekends mandatory per month.

Here are some of the email responses I received during the process.

RESPONSE (copied from email):
     Hello < we have a flat rate, of 330 dollars plus commission and bonus, the commission comes from leads of useable,
    lets say they need 250 leads for the weekend you are then get 50 cents extra a lead over 300 65 cents a lead ,
    this is only a weekend event, this comes from our Corp Office,
    I wish you the best in get the job you are looking for
    Sincerely

RESPONSE (copied from email):
    Hi (anonymous) I am working on over 200 cities right now , what state are you in again please, and yes if you pass training we have a schedule that you put your , times you can work

(***this is less than 24 hours of the interview***)

RESPONSE (copied from email):
    ok can you resend your resume and picture asap to me

Worked with the company as a teacher for a few weeks in 2012 and remembered why I quit in the first place. Don't want to sell kids and parents false hope. This was strike three. I'll never return. Sad company needs a complete revamp.

Promotional Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barbizon.

I found this job on craigslist and applied via e-mail. I was contacted by the National events coordinator and was interviewed over the phone. I had to answer several questions about team work, my experience and interest in fashion and I was sent the procedure manual that I had to take a test on. I was offered the position within a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the most difficult question. Just be sure to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm about achieving results, organization and team work.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Great!

Receptionist & PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Barbizon in July 2013.

My initial interview went very well and I made the choice to lay my cards out on the table regarding what I expect from the workplace, cohorts as well as an eventual salary mark. HR's response was positive and reassuring.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate a proper starting salary but to no avail. The only deal that was left on the table was that I would be able to receive my asking salary upon a 60 day review process (which wouldn't have happened without my persistance on the subject).

Talent Director Booker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barbizon in June 2013.

One Interview were company was mostly sold to me rather than asking me real interviewing questions. The manager is very psychological in the way that she handles the interview..red flags

Interview Questions
    • Can you start right away. Most credible employers will give you two weeks.   Answer Question

Modeling Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barbizon in March 2010.

It was an average interview. I was offered the position immediately. It was casual and comfortable and I felt at ease. I dressed professionally and so did the Interviewer.

No negotiating.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barbizon in November 2009.

I submitted a CL and Resume for a management position for inside sales. When I arrived to the interview the lady I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about and wanted me to sign on as a sales associate then work my way up to the management position. Ridiculous. I would've had to take a 60% pay cut over what i'm making now. No way was I going to even consider it.

False advertising

Modeling/Acting Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Barbizon in March 2010.

I first saw the ad on craigslist, and it was very detailed on all of the skills they were seeking. I did a cover letter to highlight those main points with examples of the skills along with a resume. It was about two weeks later before I got my first phone interview call, but at that point, they explained the position and the opportunity for growth with the company. They asked if I was still interested and I replied yes. Then they asked for more examples of the skills they were looking for. After passing that, I moved to the second and final interview process with her boss over the phone as well before finally being invited to their paid training orientation because of my phone personality and my resume. It seems like a great part time job opportunity if you have your weekends free.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you have worked with children in the past as a mentor.   View Answer

The schedule to work there would conflict with my other job schedule on a few Saturdays and church on Sundays. Therefore, rather than miss a day since they like perfect attendance, I decided to decline the position. Overall, the staff seemed very nice. I sent a professional thank you letter to decline and that was my last communication to or from them.