Barclays Capital Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014

3.3

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
Why Barclays?
Why do you want to work in investment banking?
What responsibilities of this position excite you?
How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
+ A few questions specific to my resume

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Analyst Interview

The hiring process took a very long time. A former colleague had made me aware of and submitted my resume for the position and I did not have to go through a first round interview with HR which was good, my first round of interviews consisted of 3 interviews, each one with two individuals from the department the position I was interviewing was in. The second round of interviews was with the head of the department like a week later. What was annoying was how long after they told me they were giving me an offer that it took them to get something together, like a month. But other than that it was good.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't so much the question as it was the fact that they neglected to inform me that my last interview was not going to be with the woman who would be my direct boss but the actual head of the department in the americas (not a small department/division either, not like head of a trading desk within an asset class, head of an entire division), so it was a bit intimidating when I was told upon arrival that would be the person I was meeting with.   Answer Question
    Non-existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2009.

One phone interview and one super day with 6 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Hired through the undergraduate on-campus recruiting for a summer internship leading to job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly behavioral as I was entering a Sales role   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Case interview: basic business problem (if product X costs Capital One $4.00 per unit, with a $800 sunk cost, and we charge X amount of dollars along with a $10 annual fee, how many do we need to sell to break even, etc). Followed by a longer discussion of more complex problems that the situation might entail

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2012.

Interviewed with three managers and a director one afternoon, about 30-45min each.

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2010.

First I had a phone interview since I was not based in Texas. After I passed, they flew me out to Houston and paid for all expenses. During the interviews there, they all are friendly and help you out. There is a lunch beforehand but do not let your guard down. I made the mistake of joking around, and its possible I did not get the offer because of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2009.

My interviewer was somewhat cold and not very inviting but helpful when it came to do a technical question. The interview was 15 minutes of 'fit' questions and 30 minutes for the technical question which did not require a lot of finance knowledge or even calculations. Many of the fit questions came directly from my resume, such as explaining why I chose my major, explaining work experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • When you wake up in the morning what are you most excited to do?   Answer Question
    • State X is selling the main turnpike at the state border, what is the value of the turnpike?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2010.

met with three members of the team on the first interview. was called to interview with the director of the group and a peer one week after the 1st interview. very calm. gave a run through of my resume. was offered a position the following day. got this through an agency. temp to hire

Interview Questions
    • A trader is calling asking for your approval. Its 730 am, no one else is in the department yet. its urgent. what do you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

The Hiring and Interview process was well organised and systematic.I had 4 rounds of Telephonic interview after which i had 3 rounds of face to face interview for the role of Business Analyst in Application Support Profile.

Came across rapid fire round of both technical as well as functional questions.All the rounds went as per my expectation except the 2nd round which i had 70-80% chance.

Interview Questions
    • 1>Types of temporary table,query to create a temporary table and till what period of time it can store data.
      2>Difference between oracle 10g and 11i ?Advantages of 11i over 10g and where it is applied?
        View Answer

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!