Barclays Capital

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one super day with 6 interviews.

Interview Question – What is your opinion of our economic situation?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Hired through the undergraduate on-campus recruiting for a summer internship leading to job offer.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly behavioral as I was entering a Sales role   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Case interview: basic business problem (if product X costs Capital One $4.00 per unit, with a $800 sunk cost, and we charge X amount of dollars along with a $10 annual fee, how many do we need to sell to break even, etc). Followed by a longer discussion of more complex problems that the situation might entail

Interview Question – case   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three managers and a director one afternoon, about 30-45min each.

Interview Question – What is the Federal Funds rate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2010.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview since I was not based in Texas. After I passed, they flew me out to Houston and paid for all expenses. During the interviews there, they all are friendly and help you out. There is a lunch beforehand but do not let your guard down. I made the mistake of joking around, and its possible I did not get the offer because of that.

Interview Question – What are deferred tax assets   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2009.

Interview Details – My interviewer was somewhat cold and not very inviting but helpful when it came to do a technical question. The interview was 15 minutes of 'fit' questions and 30 minutes for the technical question which did not require a lot of finance knowledge or even calculations. Many of the fit questions came directly from my resume, such as explaining why I chose my major, explaining work experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• When you wake up in the morning what are you most excited to do?   Answer Question
  • State X is selling the main turnpike at the state border, what is the value of the turnpike?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2010.

Interview Details – met with three members of the team on the first interview. was called to interview with the director of the group and a peer one week after the 1st interview. very calm. gave a run through of my resume. was offered a position the following day. got this through an agency. temp to hire

Interview Question – A trader is calling asking for your approval. Its 730 am, no one else is in the department yet. its urgent. what do you do?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview process was well organised and systematic.I had 4 rounds of Telephonic interview after which i had 3 rounds of face to face interview for the role of Business Analyst in Application Support Profile.

Came across rapid fire round of both technical as well as functional questions.All the rounds went as per my expectation except the 2nd round which i had 70-80% chance.

Interview Question – 1>Types of temporary table,query to create a temporary table and till what period of time it can store data.
2>Difference between oracle 10g and 11i ?Advantages of 11i over 10g and where it is applied?
  View Answer

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was being hired for technology analys position in Barclays Capital. Since they were hiring big time in Pune, I was being interviewed by 3 different teams in Bar cap simultaneously! The technical quality of the questions were the simplest that I faced among investment banks.

Interview Question – In general I was asked the simplest questions in Barcap. The most difficult tech question was: (Java question) . Suppose you have a class which has a HashMap as an instance variable. How do you design a getter method so that the map returned does not corrupt the original map.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will pay you market standards but you should be aware of what other IBs are paying. If you do not know it, you will be pulled down by HR ( standard HR practice)

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

Interview Details – Entire process was friendly where they want to get a flavour of both your technical and soft skills. An almost full day assessment centre with numerous breaks in between but which breaks your momentum. Depending on the nature of the job, the focus on technical knowledge may vary. All-in-all, a very holistic assessment but one that you have to be mentally alert at all times, paying close attention to details.

Interview Question – No difficulty impossible questions; along the line of putting you under pressure to observe your reactive capabilities.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital Analyst interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.