Barclays Capital Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three round, 2 phone and 1 superday. The interviewers were super friendly and I loved the energy of the firm. Things happened really fast, I applied online and got a phone interview in the next week, then after the phone interview I had the superday which was about 1.5 hours and lots of fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an entry level there is no point in trying at a big bracket.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Newark, DE).

Interview

The hiring process took a long time. Interviews were not bad at all. I was able to bypass most of the process through keeping in constant contact with my hiring manager who then basically considered this correspondence as an interview, life is an interview after all =). Make sure to stay current on financial news, know the company's strengths/weaknesses, be able to sell yourself, research and learn as much about your position as possible.

Negotiation

One could probably negotiate as competitors in the area pay slightly more. However, take into consideration that you will likely get 10+ hours of overtime every week which adds an extra 10-20k to the base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

The hiring process took a very long time. A former colleague had made me aware of and submitted my resume for the position and I did not have to go through a first round interview with HR which was good, my first round of interviews consisted of 3 interviews, each one with two individuals from the department the position I was interviewing was in. The second round of interviews was with the head of the department like a week later. What was annoying was how long after they told me they were giving me an offer that it took them to get something together, like a month. But other than that it was good.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't so much the question as it was the fact that they neglected to inform me that my last interview was not going to be with the woman who would be my direct boss but the actual head of the department in the americas (not a small department/division either, not like head of a trading desk within an asset class, head of an entire division), so it was a bit intimidating when I was told upon arrival that would be the person I was meeting with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Hired through the undergraduate on-campus recruiting for a summer internship leading to job offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly behavioral as I was entering a Sales role   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

Case interview: basic business problem (if product X costs Capital One $4.00 per unit, with a $800 sunk cost, and we charge X amount of dollars along with a $10 annual fee, how many do we need to sell to break even, etc). Followed by a longer discussion of more complex problems that the situation might entail

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with three managers and a director one afternoon, about 30-45min each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

met with three members of the team on the first interview. was called to interview with the director of the group and a peer one week after the 1st interview. very calm. gave a run through of my resume. was offered a position the following day. got this through an agency. temp to hire

Interview Questions

• A trader is calling asking for your approval. Its 730 am, no one else is in the department yet. its urgent. what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

First I had a phone interview since I was not based in Texas. After I passed, they flew me out to Houston and paid for all expenses. During the interviews there, they all are friendly and help you out. There is a lunch beforehand but do not let your guard down. I made the mistake of joking around, and its possible I did not get the offer because of that.