Barclays Capital

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2012.

Interview process was standard as i had prior experience in the industry. Questions were expected and industry standard. The interview process took a long time, as in several months. This was longer than expected, which was a little bit frustrating.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2011.

Just conversational with the Director and an unorganized VP. Director asked me questions on performing business analyst roles. The VP was demonstrating me the MS application that they were going to migrate, and the high level document, which was most basic I have ever seen as a specification, and was gauging interest about the project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

I applied for an AVP Programmer position on company's website. I got a phone call about 3 months later.
    It was a technical phone interview. I accurately answered all questions, but I never heard from the interviewer. I tried to contact them, but I never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 5 sets of balls with 5 balls each. In 4 sets each ball weigh 5 grams except from one set where the balls weigh 4 grams. How do I find which set has the balls with 4 grams.?   View Answer
    • Given a Tic table- I.e a table that records Ticker, price, date/time during a trading day. Write a Query that will give you for each Ticker the final price of the day.   Answer Question
    • Given a binary tree, Find the depth of the node containing the max value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2009.

Phone interview to see and talk about past experiences and see the fit with the organization. Then One on one with Team in Jersey city and New York.

Interview Questions
    • There are 9 balls one of which is lighter than the others. How would you find the lighter ball in 2 tries   View Answers (2)
    Did not try to negotiate a lot

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The selection process started with initial discussion, followed by detail technical interview, Which was followed by a brief manager interview and later stages followed up with senior manager interview to understand the overall attributes of the person. Followed with HR interview and then thourough back ground checks and offer letter and visa processing.

Interview Questions
    • senior management expectation about generic project outlook   View Answer

Extensive but lame

Straight forward

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2011.

informational interviews with different team heads, mostly focused on why you would like to build a career in the firm at the position you apply for. also some technical questions such as the understanding of the industry trends and regulation changes etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2010.

Quick initial interview which was very basic and not very challenging. Was told that I got the job but there was a company restructure so hiring was on hold for 2 months. Came back to me 2 months later with another interview and landed the job.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation done via an agent

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in July 2010.

Not particularly challenging. Was more trying to get information out of interviewer. although mood was serious it was quite easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Hiring process goes as follows:
    15 minute general interview
    2x face to face interview

Very professional and very well mannered people. They'll look at your CV and ask question on the projects you've worked on before

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is about the technical expertise one has had and the effort it took to accomplish goals   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation as the offer was more than enough