Barclays Capital

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for this position. The recruiter was great, but when I showed up to be interviewed by someone in the London office the video conference was not set up. They had HR and a Technician trying to set up the VC for ten minutes to no avail. HR suggested to the hiring manager that we just conduct the interview of the phone, but the hiring manger refused and asked me to come back another day. I seriously considered not going back, but did. The second time, the VC worked and I was finally able to interview. Note, the hiring manager did apologize for the VC not working, but it did not seem very geniune.

I was then called back and had to take a "test" and met with the temporary worker in the position as well as somone in a chief of staff type role. The test presented about 12 pages of materials where I had to review and look for typos, grammer issues, etc. I went over the test with the temp and then met with the chief of staff. Both were very nice but what I found odd was the chief of staff immediately mentioned that the job may not be available right away as they were having budget issues and needed approval to fill the the position.

According to my recruiter I had gotten good feedback but ultimately never heard back from Barclays.

Interview Questions
  • You need approval for content from the head of a group but they haven't responded and they are leaving on holiday this afternoon and do not have time to approve/review the content, what would you do?   View Answer