Barclays Capital Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

3.2

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Had one interview in NYC. 60 mins total split up with two people. Both very nice and personal. Asked a lot about resume and behavioral. Got a little technical with options, fixed income and assessing a credit risk profile of a firm but nothing crazy. In the end they were very nice and seems like a good group to work with.

Interview Questions

• Would an option react more when it is deep in the money, deep out of the money, or at the money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Phone call with the terms and i accepted

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had an online numerical test followed by a telephone interview. Walked through my CV, asked about college assignments related to credit risk and any knowledge I had about credit risk. Called for an assessment centre then 3 competence and technical interviews, a values interview and a case study which was mental math based. Good experience, expecting to hear back this week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

better to accumulate some experiences first, then apply for risk position.
    there maybe some technical questions for u

Interview Questions

• if u were given a trading sheet, what should you look at?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

I got to the telephone interview stage. It consisted of questions about my university courses (what modules did you enjoy the most and why?), my extra curricular activities (describe what you did as a member of this committee..), competency questions (tell us about a time where you had to solve an unexpected problem, tell us about a time where you had to take on the role of a leader..) and finally questions about the company (describe the developments in our company over the last two years etc)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to take a risk, how did you evaluate it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewers accommodating, focus on basic fixed income question and behavioral

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

Interview

Only one round of interviews at their NY office. Two interviewers, 30 minutes each followed by a lunch. Mostly behavioral but a few very basic technical about financial statements, bonds, and the time value of money. Very nice people. Talk them through your thought process when answering technical questions. Know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement is most useful for assessing risk?   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2011.

Interview

The phone interviewer from HR department was very nice. All behavioral questions and lasted about 20 minutes. The accessment centre lasted for a half day, which consists of 1 to 1 interviews, case study and a group discussion of prioritzing things. The culture there is friendly. The feedback from the AC is helpful.

Interview Questions

• What's your other interested areas besides financial industry?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2009.

Interview

Round 1
    Verbal and numeracy test. Not very hard if you practice SHL before that

Round 2
    Phone Interview by HR. Questions such as why investment banking? Why Barclays Capital? Why do you think you are suited for this role ? What is your weakest quality and why? What kind of risks do you take?

Round 3
    Super day at assessment centre: Case Study + an individual presentation. Case Study looked at a client's potential acquisition of a mining company. There is a tendency for assessors to ask about reputation risk, so if you can, prepare sth in advanced abt that. 2 individual interviews. More of a get to know you session and abit of technical competency questions. But nothing really hard. Finished up with a group interview. More of a teamwork thing but be prepared to speak up eloquently. You don't need to give right answers but try to explain your point in detail if possible.