Barclays Capital

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2011.

I initially found out about the company because of an information session I signed up for at my college. I applied for their 3-day boot camp. Even though the interview was on the final day, you know they are interviewing you the whole time. The first day was more of an initial meet and greet with students, HR, and management. You talk about how to improve your resume, doing an elevator pitch and then we met for drinks and appetizers. The second day there were a lot of presentations from interns, senior management, and analysts. We discussed to roles of operations and finance and what students would do during their internship. In addition to that we had a case study to present which was a little nerve racking and fun at the same time. The day of the interview I was nervous but I tried my hardest to keep my composure. In the end I got an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What steps could Company X have take in order to ensure risk management compliance is followed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Applied through my college career site. The process was very quick and seamless. It was only one round where I interviewed with two Vice Presidents. A couple of weeks later, I received an offer to become a Summer Analyst and then was extended a Full Time Offer after the program was over. Great program where they promote learning.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly Behavioral questions and very personality fit questions. Only one question about Present Value, where they just want to know if you know what NPV is.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2010.

I had a series of two interviews. The first interview was with a VP which was 1 on 1. He was on his blackberry half of the time, but seemed to like me since I got a second round. No technical questions but asked about previous internship experience and went into detail with that.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for Barclay's Capital?   View Answer
    No negotiating. The offer was on the table and a very handsome one I may add. Again, this is an internship offer, not a job, so no negotiating going on here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2010.

The first step in the process was being taken out to dinner for drinks and dinner the night before the interview. This occurred after being selected for an interview after the application process. There were 4 reps from barclays and the interviews were in a 2 on 1 format split up into 2 separate groups. The interview consisted of some mathematical brain teasers and questions about relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you invested $100 right now and earned 10% returns in your first year and then lost 10% in year 2, how much money would you have at the end of year 2?   View Answers (2)

Didn't like the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2009.

The interview was through on campus recruiting. 2 members of management in the department interviewed me focusing on how I fit into the position. It was fairly casual; they asked questions about my knowledge of general finance and some situational problem solving.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Standard application The Online Application Form, Online Numerical Reasoning Test, Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement) Then a telephone interview then assessment center

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a team? (This is hard as there is no context at all)   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

1. Online Application
    2. Online Test: Numerical and Verbal
    3. Telephone Interview: Competency Based
    4. Assessment Centre: Full Day. Case study, technical interview, competency interview, team exercises.
     Overall impression: Very friendly and helpful recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Since I came from an engineering background with no finance experience they asked me what mathematical model can I use to describe a financial concept of my choice.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

easy interview, 3 rounds during AC. be sure to watch out for the team building exercise.

Nope

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

Very basic interview, essentially a glorified "walk me through your resume." However, they are definitely looking for people with experience with Excel, accounting, and capital markets. It may seem very laid back, but don't be fooled. I had a 2:1 interview, and the two interviewers liked to play off of each other.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with the capital markets or individual stocks.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2011.

Did assessment test through the web portal.
    Fast response by HR Staff. I think it was within a week or two.
    I was invited to a phone interview which lasted about 30mins. HR Staff was very friendly.
    I was offered to go to their assessment center during end Dec but I could not make it as I was overseas.
    No make-up session was offered to me and i was subsequently rejected.