Barclays Capital

Barclays Capital Interview Questions in Glasgow, Scotland

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

Applied online. The recruitment team got back to me in a day and asked me to take the numerical + inductive reasoning tests. After passing the test, heard back in 1 working day and was invited to a telephone interview. The telephone interview was strengths based, lasted half and hour, and the lady interviewing me was probably the nicest person to have ever interviewed me.

Heard back next day and was invited to an assessment centre at Glasgow. Had breakfast with the assessors and this gave us a chance to speak to them and find out about life at Barclays. Had a one on one strengths based interview to start the day.

This was followed by a group project which was extremely difficult (my group failed the task but got great feedback because we showed exceptional team work). This was followed by a one-on-one technical interview, which was mostly about Data Structures, Software Development and DBMS. I was also quizzed about my motivation to join a technology role.

At the end of the assessment centre, was asked to retake the numerical test.

Was offered the job half an hour after the completion of the assessment centre.

Was very impressed by the people who I met on the day and this speaks volumes about the firm. They were all very polite and the interviewers made us feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • From a list of Data Structures, which one would be the best for a specific task and why? Can you give an example to prove it?   View Answer
    No negotiations, but the salary offered was very generous and almost 20% more than anywhere else in the industry. Also, I was offered a big sign-on bonus.