Barclays Capital

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Applied online and scheduled a first round phone interview within the week. Though for an IBD internship, I was asked to pitch a stock. 2 weeks later, I went into a regional office to have a video conference with the office I was interviewing for. This was very strengths based and I got asked zero technical questions.

Interview Question – Pitch me a stock. How has the economic crisis affected the M&A market in the Asia Pacific region?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details – Applied online and completed numerical and reasoning test. 1st round involved a strength-based interview, which is different from the usual competency based interviews that involve questions like 'describe a situation where you showed teamwork', etc. They get back to you quickly about whether you progress to the final round.

The final round involved a group case study that you had to discuss and present to senior representatives, followed by a break then a series of interviews. For the group case study you need to have an understanding of key accounting concepts and terminology to understand the material. You need to be aware of valuation to put a strong and coherent argument forward. Throughout the discussion phase of the group case you will be assessed by representatives and during the presentation you will be challenged by a different group of senior business representatives to defend your argument.

After lunch and a brief break you will be allocated three or four interviews dependent on your background. Although the interviews will be with individuals from different divisions within the bank, unlike previous years you will not be extended a desk specific offer, rather you will be put in a general pool that will be allocated later. The interviews will range from being technical or a relaxed conversation dependent on your interviewer. You hear back on the same or next day whether you got an offer.

Interview Questions

IBD Summer Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Online application, numerical and verbal test, telephone interview, and then AC in London.

Interview Question – Interviewed in Spanish.   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2011.

Interview Details – After a discussion with a Barclays IBD representative during a career forum a phone interview was scheduled (after a online application was submitted).

Interview Question – Explain me how you once tried to improve a process that was already working?
Can you tell me something that has affected the industry recently?
  Answer Question

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!