Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.1

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Got a call for on campus interview. Two rounds each of 30 minutes.Heard back from them within a week. The process took about 7 days. It was mostly behavioral and a few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2015.

I went through a two-round interview on campus. Interview has both technic questions and behavior questions. Interviews are not too much hard. DO prepare the basic questions of computer science like SQL query and basic data structures.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions
    • Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

First round was two phone interviews w/ analysts and associates. Second round was an "informational interview" with VPs. Final round was four back-to-back skype interviews with the team in the regional office.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked multiple brain teasers, asked why I was interested in finance even though I haven't had any prior experience nor relevant classes.   View Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

on campus recruitment, 1 on 1 interview with an MD from cash equity. Connected with an alumnus from Cornell beforehand. She's being very nice the whole time. Really appreciate it.

Interview Questions
    • behavioral. imagine a situation blah blah blah   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

Barclays had a well run interview process consisting of on-campus recruitment efforts and off-campus events. Friendly, intelligent, and thoughtful people contributed to an overarching perception of professionalism. Responsive to queries throughout the process from informational interviews to superdays through to final contract negotiations. Opportunities to have touchpoints throughout were highly welcomed by me and my classmates.

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Too many people interviewing (US and UK) and process is too long before an offer.
    The turnover rate in HR is very high; trading floor setup; promotion process is inconsistent; and UK tells US what to do so no real ownership with project start to finish

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied for interview through corporate site, and had an interview the next week. (Phone interview) Advanced to the final round in NYC and will have that round tomorrow, will update once I experience it.

Interview Questions
    • I saw you worked at another XX (Bulge Bracket Firm), why come to Barclays?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The hiring process took a long time. Interviews were not bad at all. I was able to bypass most of the process through keeping in constant contact with my hiring manager who then basically considered this correspondence as an interview, life is an interview after all =). Make sure to stay current on financial news, know the company's strengths/weaknesses, be able to sell yourself, research and learn as much about your position as possible.

One could probably negotiate as competitors in the area pay slightly more. However, take into consideration that you will likely get 10+ hours of overtime every week which adds an extra 10-20k to the base salary.

First round interview: On campus
    1. Why do you want to be a trader
    Second round interview: Barcap NY office
    - Two 30 min interview
      First: Behavioral Interview
      Second: Some mental math / probability
                    Simple questions about market

Interview process is very straightforward. As long as you can explain why interested in trading, you will easily pass on to the final round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Estimate sqaure root of 1000
      2. What do you think is the most important