Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

Got a call for on campus interview. Two rounds each of 30 minutes.Heard back from them within a week. The process took about 7 days. It was mostly behavioral and a few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a two-round interview on campus. Interview has both technic questions and behavior questions. Interviews are not too much hard. DO prepare the basic questions of computer science like SQL query and basic data structures.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

First round was two phone interviews w/ analysts and associates. Second round was an "informational interview" with VPs. Final round was four back-to-back skype interviews with the team in the regional office.

Interview Questions

• I was asked multiple brain teasers, asked why I was interested in finance even though I haven't had any prior experience nor relevant classes.   1 Answer

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a month later. Overall, interesting experience. Barclays is a wonderful company and the interviewers were very kind. Make sure you know a good amount about recent Barclays compliance issues (because there will always be a few) and understand how compliance fits into your career plans overall.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three round, 2 phone and 1 superday. The interviewers were super friendly and I loved the energy of the firm. Things happened really fast, I applied online and got a phone interview in the next week, then after the phone interview I had the superday which was about 1.5 hours and lots of fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an entry level there is no point in trying at a big bracket.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First Round- mostly behavioral needed to understand the markets well and be able to talk about every point on my resume. Interviewer came on campus and really just wants to see your enthusiasm for the position and that you did your research

Interview Questions

• What do you read to follow the markets? Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

on campus recruitment, 1 on 1 interview with an MD from cash equity. Connected with an alumnus from Cornell beforehand. She's being very nice the whole time. Really appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• behavioral. imagine a situation blah blah blah   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

Interview

Barclays had a well run interview process consisting of on-campus recruitment efforts and off-campus events. Friendly, intelligent, and thoughtful people contributed to an overarching perception of professionalism. Responsive to queries throughout the process from informational interviews to superdays through to final contract negotiations. Opportunities to have touchpoints throughout were highly welcomed by me and my classmates.

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Too many people interviewing (US and UK) and process is too long before an offer.
    The turnover rate in HR is very high; trading floor setup; promotion process is inconsistent; and UK tells US what to do so no real ownership with project start to finish