Barclays Capital

Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The hiring process took a long time. Interviews were not bad at all. I was able to bypass most of the process through keeping in constant contact with my hiring manager who then basically considered this correspondence as an interview, life is an interview after all =). Make sure to stay current on financial news, know the company's strengths/weaknesses, be able to sell yourself, research and learn as much about your position as possible.

One could probably negotiate as competitors in the area pay slightly more. However, take into consideration that you will likely get 10+ hours of overtime every week which adds an extra 10-20k to the base salary.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

First round interview: On campus
    1. Why do you want to be a trader
    Second round interview: Barcap NY office
    - Two 30 min interview
      First: Behavioral Interview
      Second: Some mental math / probability
                    Simple questions about market

Interview process is very straightforward. As long as you can explain why interested in trading, you will easily pass on to the final round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Estimate sqaure root of 1000
      2. What do you think is the most important
        Answer Question

Junior Portfolio Manager Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The interview process begins with a preliminary phone interview then progresses to a case interview. Behavioral interviews are relatively straight forward. They ask about your personality and how you'll handle stressful situations. The interview process involves a second interview which has you compete with others by review a company's financials and making a report and then recommendation on appropriate actions give its standings.

Interview Questions
    • It was very conversational. There were no curve ball questions. It was targeted to see if you're a balanced person and had experience in portfolio management. Questions were similar to "what have you been doing lately?" "What does your experience tell me about your personality?"   Answer Question

KYC Refresh Analyst Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers. They were concerned about previous experience. It took a long time to get an offer but start date was quickly after the offer was made. Managers seem concerned about fit with the team. The description of the position wasn't exactly accurate

Boot Camp Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

receive phone interview after online application. It's basically all about the resume. The call is from an alumni, so we also talk about our school. I thought everything went well but I end up didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions
    Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Starts with resume drop. Then, first round was a 30 min fit interview. Second round was three 30 minute interviews. One stock pitch, one technical (financial statements etc), one behavioral.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

IBD, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume