Barclays Capital

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied for interview through corporate site, and had an interview the next week. (Phone interview) Advanced to the final round in NYC and will have that round tomorrow, will update once I experience it.

Interview Questions
    • I saw you worked at another XX (Bulge Bracket Firm), why come to Barclays?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The hiring process took a long time. Interviews were not bad at all. I was able to bypass most of the process through keeping in constant contact with my hiring manager who then basically considered this correspondence as an interview, life is an interview after all =). Make sure to stay current on financial news, know the company's strengths/weaknesses, be able to sell yourself, research and learn as much about your position as possible.

One could probably negotiate as competitors in the area pay slightly more. However, take into consideration that you will likely get 10+ hours of overtime every week which adds an extra 10-20k to the base salary.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

First round interview: On campus
    1. Why do you want to be a trader
    Second round interview: Barcap NY office
    - Two 30 min interview
      First: Behavioral Interview
      Second: Some mental math / probability
                    Simple questions about market

Interview process is very straightforward. As long as you can explain why interested in trading, you will easily pass on to the final round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Estimate sqaure root of 1000
      2. What do you think is the most important

Answer Question

Junior Portfolio Manager Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The interview process begins with a preliminary phone interview then progresses to a case interview. Behavioral interviews are relatively straight forward. They ask about your personality and how you'll handle stressful situations. The interview process involves a second interview which has you compete with others by review a company's financials and making a report and then recommendation on appropriate actions give its standings.

Interview Questions
    • It was very conversational. There were no curve ball questions. It was targeted to see if you're a balanced person and had experience in portfolio management. Questions were similar to "what have you been doing lately?" "What does your experience tell me about your personality?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2014.

Applied through the online application. First round consisted of two skype interviews with a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Second round was mostly technical and "why Barclays" questions. Final round takes place in New York

Interviewers were friendly and encouraging. HR was responsive and very polite. Good experience overall.

KYC Refresh Analyst Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers. They were concerned about previous experience. It took a long time to get an offer but start date was quickly after the offer was made. Managers seem concerned about fit with the team. The description of the position wasn't exactly accurate

Boot Camp Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

receive phone interview after online application. It's basically all about the resume. The call is from an alumni, so we also talk about our school. I thought everything went well but I end up didn't get an offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions
    Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Starts with resume drop. Then, first round was a 30 min fit interview. Second round was three 30 minute interviews. One stock pitch, one technical (financial statements etc), one behavioral.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..