Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions
    Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Starts with resume drop. Then, first round was a 30 min fit interview. Second round was three 30 minute interviews. One stock pitch, one technical (financial statements etc), one behavioral.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

IBD, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Barclays HR actively goes to various schools for campus recruitment, especially in the tristate area. Interested candidates can fill out the application and submit their resume online. Cover letter is optional. Shortlisted candidates will have a first round interview on campus with two VPs, usually they last for about 30 min each. If the campus interviews go well, Barclays will invite the selected candidates to New York for onsite interviews. There are a total of 3 rounds, and they last around 30-45min each.

Interview Questions
    • If a user finds an error in your application, you have tried many times yet still unable to find it. What do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiations as grad salaries are standard across the bank

Analyst Interview

The hiring process took a very long time. A former colleague had made me aware of and submitted my resume for the position and I did not have to go through a first round interview with HR which was good, my first round of interviews consisted of 3 interviews, each one with two individuals from the department the position I was interviewing was in. The second round of interviews was with the head of the department like a week later. What was annoying was how long after they told me they were giving me an offer that it took them to get something together, like a month. But other than that it was good.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't so much the question as it was the fact that they neglected to inform me that my last interview was not going to be with the woman who would be my direct boss but the actual head of the department in the americas (not a small department/division either, not like head of a trading desk within an asset class, head of an entire division), so it was a bit intimidating when I was told upon arrival that would be the person I was meeting with.   Answer Question
    Non-existent

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Apply for Ops. through the finance and ops boot camp. 2 intense days with around 25 other candidates with study case, speakers, group projects etc. On the third day 2 interviews back to back at the nyc office, the questions were mostly behavioral and basic knowledge of Dood-Frank , markets, why an investment bank etc

Documentation Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Depends on who you interview with. The people I interviewed with that day all seem very knowledgeable and friendly.