Barclays Capital

Getting the Interview

389 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Documentation Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Depends on who you interview with. The people I interviewed with that day all seem very knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions too difficult.   Answer Question

Vice President IT Project Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

Interview Details – five interviews - three with IT and two with business and operations. People were smart, energetic and very friendly.

Interview Question – How do you manage conflicts and what techniques do you use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very difficult to negotiate with but I went through a headhunter and did get the base bumped up slightly

Vice President PMO Lead Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Was called 3 separate times for interviews, met with 7 interviewers, a combination of external consultants and internal senior management. This was over a 6 week period. Presentation and execution of interviews was on point with excellent feedback received. Based on the positive feedback received I was lead to believe that an offer would be presented. In the end, the position was given to an internal referral that was not even part of the interviewing process.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult if you know the subject matter and have had prior senior level execution of managing and creating a PMO.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Middle Office Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2011.

Interview Details – 2 rounds - one with senior managers and one with co-workers

Negotiation Details – Got a call from HR and they made me an offer. I did not negotiate.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Technical phone screen
2) In person interview mainly regarding SQL and Fixed income products Swaps, Bonds and CD's

Interview Question – How are bonds priced   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – They are more concerned about if your personality can fit in the team.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, just be yourself.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional and collegial

Interview Question – Challenged on deals   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Equity Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple interview, had one and was offered position

Interview Question – Why would I put on a put option in this market?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Typical on-campus recruiting process. I attended a lot of networking events and reached out to a lot of analysts and associates during the fall semester to get a first round interview. Networking is really important at Barclays, as well as being genuine and humble. Make sure to attend the reception dinner the day before to meet the VPs who will potentially be interviewing you. The on-campus interview was pretty standard. No really trick questions. The interview was about trying to find a good fit. My interview happened to be more behavioral than technical, though that isn't always the case.

Interview Question – Why would a company choose to use equity over debt in an acquisition?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter and interviewers are very friendly. They just went through my resume and asked questions from it. One is technical and asked some basic algorithm and probability questions. One is behavioral and some easy coding questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions are really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital interview questions and advice. All 389 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.