Barclays Capital Interview Questions

3.1

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

selection procedure was not known. was a tough one. The Microsoft staffer talked to me first on the phone, about my projects, goals, Microsoft, the Live Search team, and how interested I was. He then setup a phone screen with the development lead of the team I was interviewing for, which was to take place about a week later. This phone call was postponed because of a meeting at Microsoft, and I actually did it a few days later than planned. No big deal for me, though it was a little hectic because family was visiting and I didn’t want to discuss my interviewing with them at this point.

Analyst Programmer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2010.

Interviews consisted of telephone interview with technical tests (starting easy and progressing through to detailed and difficult areas), followed by in-person interviews with potential colleagues and senior staff to director level. Areas covered were the usual suspects - previous experience, talking about difficult situations and how one handled them, technical issues and how they were overcome.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a difficult work situation and how you met the challenge it brought.   Answer Question
    Barcap will not negotiate on rate in my experience.

Human Resources Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

I passed 4 different rounds of tests consisting of numerical tests, verbal reasoning tests, personality tests and a test to assess my values and priorities related to work.
    I passed all of them and they invited me to a phone interview which lasted 50 minutes. The intreviewer sounded like a recorded tape or like a robot. She was just reading the questions and typing the answers with no interaction between us. Because there was no reaction of her side I couldn't tell how I did. She was asking me competency questions and very very detailed examples. Mostly she asked for leadership skills , pro activity, initiative, hard work, ability to take tough decisions and many details about Barclays' products.
    I didn't make to the last round which was the assessment centre, and my feedback was that I didn't show enthusiasm for the role and the company.
    This particular recruiter though made my interview experience with Barclays, the one I enjoyed the least.

Interview Questions
    • What was the harshest decision you had to take so far?   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

1 phone interview
    1 AC, including 1 programming test, 1 math test, and 1 paper summarizing exercise, and 3 seperate math interviews.

Interview Questions
    • math question on probability and independent variables   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

The phone interview was about my knowledge of the financial world. After that there was an interview at the assessment center which was about detailed questions about my resume. Then there was a group activity in which we had to follow instructions given by a lady and there were two guys observing us all the time. We worked in a group of 4 for this activity.

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 minutes what would you do among the following list?   Answer Question
    • If you are interested in saving the environment, why do you want to work for a bank?   View Answer
    No. Do not try to negotiate on salary or vacation period.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2012.

This was for a summer position in the London office. The day consisted of a group based trading game in which we traded on the expected market value against 3 other teams.

After this we had a number of interviews which ranged from 2-7 and you could of obtained more if you networked. The interviews were mainly all brainteaser and competency based. I had no technical questions however I know a few other people who got quite a few.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

- Standard Psychometric tests and competency based application form

- Followed by Phone Interview which was "Strengths-Based", lots of weird questions about being inclusive in the office and moral codes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you confronted someone who was cheating?   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online and scheduled a first round phone interview within the week. Though for an IBD internship, I was asked to pitch a stock. 2 weeks later, I went into a regional office to have a video conference with the office I was interviewing for. This was very strengths based and I got asked zero technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch me a stock. How has the economic crisis affected the M&A market in the Asia Pacific region?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Applied Online.
    Phone Interview and In person interview in New York, NY

Interview Questions
    • Asked about certain Business Cases based on my past experience   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offer pretty good package