Barclays Capital

399 candidate interviews

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details – selection procedure was not known. was a tough one. The Microsoft staffer talked to me first on the phone, about my projects, goals, Microsoft, the Live Search team, and how interested I was. He then setup a phone screen with the development lead of the team I was interviewing for, which was to take place about a week later. This phone call was postponed because of a meeting at Microsoft, and I actually did it a few days later than planned. No big deal for me, though it was a little hectic because family was visiting and I didn’t want to discuss my interviewing with them at this point.

Interview Question – what are your strenghts?   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews consisted of telephone interview with technical tests (starting easy and progressing through to detailed and difficult areas), followed by in-person interviews with potential colleagues and senior staff to director level. Areas covered were the usual suspects - previous experience, talking about difficult situations and how one handled them, technical issues and how they were overcome.

Interview Question – Talk about a difficult work situation and how you met the challenge it brought.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Barcap will not negotiate on rate in my experience.

Human Resources Graduate Scheme Interview

Human Resources Graduate Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

Interview Details – I passed 4 different rounds of tests consisting of numerical tests, verbal reasoning tests, personality tests and a test to assess my values and priorities related to work.
I passed all of them and they invited me to a phone interview which lasted 50 minutes. The intreviewer sounded like a recorded tape or like a robot. She was just reading the questions and typing the answers with no interaction between us. Because there was no reaction of her side I couldn't tell how I did. She was asking me competency questions and very very detailed examples. Mostly she asked for leadership skills , pro activity, initiative, hard work, ability to take tough decisions and many details about Barclays' products.
I didn't make to the last round which was the assessment centre, and my feedback was that I didn't show enthusiasm for the role and the company.
This particular recruiter though made my interview experience with Barclays, the one I enjoyed the least.

Interview Question – What was the harshest decision you had to take so far?   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate Interview

Quantitative Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview
1 AC, including 1 programming test, 1 math test, and 1 paper summarizing exercise, and 3 seperate math interviews.

Interview Question – math question on probability and independent variables   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was about my knowledge of the financial world. After that there was an interview at the assessment center which was about detailed questions about my resume. Then there was a group activity in which we had to follow instructions given by a lady and there were two guys observing us all the time. We worked in a group of 4 for this activity.

Interview Questions

• You have 5 minutes what would you do among the following list?   Answer Question
  • If you are interested in saving the environment, why do you want to work for a bank?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Do not try to negotiate on salary or vacation period.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Graduate Analyst
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

Interview Details – After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Question – None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Trading Analyst Interview

Trading Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2012.

Interview Details – This was for a summer position in the London office. The day consisted of a group based trading game in which we traded on the expected market value against 3 other teams.

After this we had a number of interviews which ranged from 2-7 and you could of obtained more if you networked. The interviews were mainly all brainteaser and competency based. I had no technical questions however I know a few other people who got quite a few.

Interview Question – Value BP accurately.   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – - Standard Psychometric tests and competency based application form

- Followed by Phone Interview which was "Strengths-Based", lots of weird questions about being inclusive in the office and moral codes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you confronted someone who was cheating?   Answer Question

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

IBD Summer Analyst
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Applied online and scheduled a first round phone interview within the week. Though for an IBD internship, I was asked to pitch a stock. 2 weeks later, I went into a regional office to have a video conference with the office I was interviewing for. This was very strengths based and I got asked zero technical questions.

Interview Question – Pitch me a stock. How has the economic crisis affected the M&A market in the Asia Pacific region?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online.
Phone Interview and In person interview in New York, NY

Interview Question – Asked about certain Business Cases based on my past experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offer pretty good package

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital interview questions and advice. All 399 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.