Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2014.

I got the interview via a recruiter. The process took one day. Interview was scheduled one week after the call. Some generic interview questions and then a some programming questions and exercises and some financial maths ones.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Standard application The Online Application Form, Online Numerical Reasoning Test, Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement) Then a telephone interview then assessment center

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a team? (This is hard as there is no context at all)   Answer Question

Fldp Telephone Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions
    • Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question

Rewards Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview process was fast. The interview coordination very slow and caused a lot of delay.
    The background check was outsource to a 3rd party vendor not too sure if they lack a group of competence worker to do the job or are they simply slow in their work

IBD, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Stage 1:
    No Basic Numerical and Competency Online Tests,
    Only Short essay questions submitted online,

Stage 2:
    Following a call from the firm, face to face interviews are arranged.

First interview a 1-2 (With an Analyst and a VP) focusing mainly on Technical questions revolving Corp Finance and Accounting concepts (focused on ratios and their applications).

Second interview 1-1 (With a Higher Mnmgt) Fewer Technical Questions, More Personality and Fit questions, General knowledge questions involving recent financial news, Interviewers would also dig deep into your motivations behind getting this job. Therefore, be sure to show a genuine interest in wanting to get this role.

Interview Questions
    • Limitations of difference financial ratios/ multiples and when to use them. e.g. EBITDA and Price Multiples. When to use Levered and Unlevered beta etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Hiring process goes as follows:
    15 minute general interview
    2x face to face interview

Very professional and very well mannered people. They'll look at your CV and ask question on the projects you've worked on before

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is about the technical expertise one has had and the effort it took to accomplish goals   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation as the offer was more than enough

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!