Barclays Capital

Getting the Interview

390 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter and interviewers are very friendly. They just went through my resume and asked questions from it. One is technical and asked some basic algorithm and probability questions. One is behavioral and some easy coding questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions are really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – it is relatively okay. What it asks includes Greek letters. No VaR models involved

Economics Research Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then in person on site interview where you meet the entire team. Everyone is very nice but you are talking about yourself all day for very long hours. The position only last for a few years until you leave to get a graduate degree or something. Tight knit small team, the leaders of the teams have PhD's.... they have had past analysts leave to go be analysts at other parts of Barclays Bank, like Equity research. But basically the position is pretty open and they are clear about it.

Interview Question – Given this macro climate force, what happens to interest rates, and the market? Tell me about your economics courses and your mathematics courses? What's your favorite math course? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two VP's. One technical interview and one HR + technical. First interviewer was not responding to my answers and was just shooting a lot of questions on Java, DBMS and Finance. The second interviewer was nice and asked questions about Multithreading and SQL. All HR questions were same what you will have at a bank. Did not like the way the interview. Even thought I answered all questions correctly they rejected me. Don't know what they want.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Barclays?   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through our university career services

Interview Question – to much of technical questions   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Applied through college career services website. First interview was all "fit" questions. Got asked back to second and final round in New York

Interview Question – Describe a leadership experience where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Interviewed in January 2014, first round phone interview followed by invitation to New York for final round

Interview Question – What is one major you would never choose and why?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Role: Front office technology
First round(telecon): 30 min tech
Second round(telecon): 2 hrs (talked to 4 people) - tech + derivatives
F2F in NYC office: 9 am to 4:30 pm - Java, Algorithms, Written test, Derivatives, Fixed Income

Interview Question – Lot of questions related to algorithms - linked list, array, hashcode etc
Lot of finance ques - options greeks, bond duration, correlation, option pricing
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as the offer was better than my expectation.

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career services center and got an interview. Met with one director within the compliance division separately. She interviewed me on campus. Did not ask any technical questions, all behavioral and fit questions. They are very interested in seeing how people have overcome their hardships and how they work within a team setting.

Interview Question – Was there any situation where you had to work with a teammate who was not cooperative? How did you resolve the issue?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Not a tricky interview. You just need to have industry knowledge and experience.

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation. Not much.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital