Barclays Capital

400 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – They are more concerned about if your personality can fit in the team.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, just be yourself.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional and collegial

Interview Question – Challenged on deals   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Equity Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple interview, had one and was offered position

Interview Question – Why would I put on a put option in this market?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Typical on-campus recruiting process. I attended a lot of networking events and reached out to a lot of analysts and associates during the fall semester to get a first round interview. Networking is really important at Barclays, as well as being genuine and humble. Make sure to attend the reception dinner the day before to meet the VPs who will potentially be interviewing you. The on-campus interview was pretty standard. No really trick questions. The interview was about trying to find a good fit. My interview happened to be more behavioral than technical, though that isn't always the case.

Interview Question – Why would a company choose to use equity over debt in an acquisition?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter and interviewers are very friendly. They just went through my resume and asked questions from it. One is technical and asked some basic algorithm and probability questions. One is behavioral and some easy coding questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions are really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – it is relatively okay. What it asks includes Greek letters. No VaR models involved

Economics Research Interview

Economics Research
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then in person on site interview where you meet the entire team. Everyone is very nice but you are talking about yourself all day for very long hours. The position only last for a few years until you leave to get a graduate degree or something. Tight knit small team, the leaders of the teams have PhD's.... they have had past analysts leave to go be analysts at other parts of Barclays Bank, like Equity research. But basically the position is pretty open and they are clear about it.

Interview Question – Given this macro climate force, what happens to interest rates, and the market? Tell me about your economics courses and your mathematics courses? What's your favorite math course? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two VP's. One technical interview and one HR + technical. First interviewer was not responding to my answers and was just shooting a lot of questions on Java, DBMS and Finance. The second interviewer was nice and asked questions about Multithreading and SQL. All HR questions were same what you will have at a bank. Did not like the way the interview. Even thought I answered all questions correctly they rejected me. Don't know what they want.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Barclays?   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through our university career services

Interview Question – to much of technical questions   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Applied through college career services website. First interview was all "fit" questions. Got asked back to second and final round in New York

Interview Question – Describe a leadership experience where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question