Barclays Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online.
Phone Interview and In person interview in New York, NY

Interview Question – Asked about certain Business Cases based on my past experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offer pretty good package

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – I applied through my university career website. Interview process comprised of half an hour technical interview, half an hour behavioural interview and 10-15 minutes HR interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was about optional derivatives.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Rutgers, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through my college career site. The process was very quick and seamless. It was only one round where I interviewed with two Vice Presidents. A couple of weeks later, I received an offer to become a Summer Analyst and then was extended a Full Time Offer after the program was over. Great program where they promote learning.

Interview Question – Mainly Behavioral questions and very personality fit questions. Only one question about Present Value, where they just want to know if you know what NPV is.   View Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

Interview Details – First round was on campus followed by a superday with three interviews. Each interview was thirty minutes long. It was 50 percent fit questions and 50 percent "why sales and trading," math based questions.

Interview Question – Walk me through how you would find the square root of 6000   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was the culminating part of the Global Markets boot camp offered for diversity candidates. I had three interviews on the third day with two MDs and one director from LevFin, Consumer, and Industrials. Each were strictly 30 mins and involved a mix of fit and technical questions. The LevFin MD had an intensive CBA background, so he was posed more technical questions, whereas the other two interviewers posed more leadership/teamwork questions (coming from a target liberal arts school, I was underprepared for the technical questions).

Interview Question – In an LBO, how would we reflect the underwriting of debt on the balance sheet, income statement, and DCF?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through barclays website. Application included 3 essay questions. Two weeks after that recieved a call to come in for a interview day. Had 3 1-on-1 interviews with different VPs. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Heard back 5 weeks later about offer.

Interview Question – What is Dodd-Frank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Applied online and networked with college alumni. Application was a long process. Asked three questions that took about 300 words to answer. Among them were: why investment banking, a recent banking news, and what differentiates Barclay's. Got called back for 2 interviews. Were mostly fit questions. They asked you to walk through a DCF.

Interview Question – Walking through a DCF in a detailed manner.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one super day with 6 interviews.

Interview Question – What is your opinion of our economic situation?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very technical. I met with 3 different people that asked about my motivation. Ihad both technical and logical questions.

Interview Question – The logic questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Hired through the undergraduate on-campus recruiting for a summer internship leading to job offer.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly behavioral as I was entering a Sales role   Answer Question