Barclays Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple level of Interviews. You must be know what are you talking about. Good bright people.

Interview Question – They talked about some internal application and wanted to know my input on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you have to negotiate.

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details – Got the job through a friend who worked at Barclays. Met with several individuals. I classify the interview process for me to be very optimal and fair. I have seen others go through a more robust process.

Interview Question – need to answer what the strategy is with respect to certian businesses.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was standard as i had prior experience in the industry. Questions were expected and industry standard. The interview process took a long time, as in several months. This was longer than expected, which was a little bit frustrating.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Repo Margin Analyst Interview

Repo Margin Analyst

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details – Got introduced for a temp to perm role at Barclays Capital in New York. Interview was very easy. Met five members of the group and was mostly about fit questions.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Legal
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted to attend an info session of a resume drop. Info session was followed by networking, and from the networking they selected candidates for an interview - mine ended up being by phone due to location.

Interview Question – Tell me more about X. Every question was tailored to my resume. Completely behavioral.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details – First went through a personal interview, then a phone interview. Was then flown up to NY and had a dinner one evening, then 5 interviews the next day. One interview was a case study.

Interview Question – Many behavioral questions. Most of the technical questions came from the case study. Know your fundamentals in accounting. Also be sure to know why investment banking.   Answer Question

Summer Associate - Investment Banking Interview

Summer Associate - Investment Banking
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – On-campus recruiting from a target MBA program. Networked heavily during on-campus events, followed-up via email, and conducted telephone informational interviews to get on the "closed" list. One first round interview, two second round interviews, and three third round interviews. The first two rounds are behavioral/"fit" questions and technical questions, and are conducted with Associates/VP's. The third round "superday" consisted of higher-level technicals with MD's and a technical case.

Interview Question – Be thoroughly familiar with the financial statements and how they interact with each other. Know the methods for valuation and be able to walk the interviewer through them. Know different multiples, be able to manipulate equations for EV, QV, etc. Dilutive vs accretive transactions.   Answer Question

Markets Intern Interview

Markets Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

Interview Details – One 30 minute first round interview, followed by two 30 minute final round interviews. Offer was communicated two days from last interview. Interviews were on campus at a target school. Questions were fit oriented, with minor technical points following from resume overview. Interviewers were friendly and the process moved very smoothly overall.

Interview Question – Tell me about your resume   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview, then in office "Superday"

Interview Question – Tell me what other business Barclays is currently involved with and describe a few of them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1) 2~3 phone interviews