Barclays Capital

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

1) Technical phone screen
    2) In person interview mainly regarding SQL and Fixed income products Swaps, Bonds and CD's

non negotiable.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

I was invited up to Barclays for the Diversity bootcamp, which is a 3 day program in which you learn about both Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. On the last day, I had a super day, where I met with 3 different MDs for 30min each. The first two interviews were behavioral and the third was technical but the technicals were markets-focused and seemed to test whether I keep up with the news and understand the basics of financial markets.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

The interview was the culminating part of the Global Markets boot camp offered for diversity candidates. I had three interviews on the third day with two MDs and one director from LevFin, Consumer, and Industrials. Each were strictly 30 mins and involved a mix of fit and technical questions. The LevFin MD had an intensive CBA background, so he was posed more technical questions, whereas the other two interviewers posed more leadership/teamwork questions (coming from a target liberal arts school, I was underprepared for the technical questions).

Interview Questions
    • In an LBO, how would we reflect the underwriting of debt on the balance sheet, income statement, and DCF?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Hired through the undergraduate on-campus recruiting for a summer internship leading to job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly behavioral as I was entering a Sales role   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Applied online through barclays website. Application included 3 essay questions. Two weeks after that recieved a call to come in for a interview day. Had 3 1-on-1 interviews with different VPs. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Heard back 5 weeks later about offer.

N/A

Director Interview

Got the job through a friend who worked at Barclays. Met with several individuals. I classify the interview process for me to be very optimal and fair. I have seen others go through a more robust process.

Interview Questions
    • need to answer what the strategy is with respect to certian businesses.   Answer Question

Repo Margin Analyst Interview

Got introduced for a temp to perm role at Barclays Capital in New York. Interview was very easy. Met five members of the group and was mostly about fit questions.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

First went through a personal interview, then a phone interview. Was then flown up to NY and had a dinner one evening, then 5 interviews the next day. One interview was a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Many behavioral questions. Most of the technical questions came from the case study. Know your fundamentals in accounting. Also be sure to know why investment banking.   Answer Question

Summer Associate - Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

On-campus recruiting from a target MBA program. Networked heavily during on-campus events, followed-up via email, and conducted telephone informational interviews to get on the "closed" list. One first round interview, two second round interviews, and three third round interviews. The first two rounds are behavioral/"fit" questions and technical questions, and are conducted with Associates/VP's. The third round "superday" consisted of higher-level technicals with MD's and a technical case.

Interview Questions
    • Be thoroughly familiar with the financial statements and how they interact with each other. Know the methods for valuation and be able to walk the interviewer through them. Know different multiples, be able to manipulate equations for EV, QV, etc. Dilutive vs accretive transactions.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Started with phone interview, then in office "Superday"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what other business Barclays is currently involved with and describe a few of them.   Answer Question