Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online and networked with college alumni. Application was a long process. Asked three questions that took about 300 words to answer. Among them were: why investment banking, a recent banking news, and what differentiates Barclay's. Got called back for 2 interviews. Were mostly fit questions. They asked you to walk through a DCF.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2009.

One phone interview and one super day with 6 interviews.

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

The interview was very technical. I met with 3 different people that asked about my motivation. Ihad both technical and logical questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Hired through the undergraduate on-campus recruiting for a summer internship leading to job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly behavioral as I was entering a Sales role   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2013.

Multiple level of Interviews. You must be know what are you talking about. Good bright people.

Interview Questions
    • They talked about some internal application and wanted to know my input on it.   Answer Question
    you have to negotiate.

Director Interview

Got the job through a friend who worked at Barclays. Met with several individuals. I classify the interview process for me to be very optimal and fair. I have seen others go through a more robust process.

Interview Questions
    • need to answer what the strategy is with respect to certian businesses.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2012.

Interview process was standard as i had prior experience in the industry. Questions were expected and industry standard. The interview process took a long time, as in several months. This was longer than expected, which was a little bit frustrating.

Repo Margin Analyst Interview

Got introduced for a temp to perm role at Barclays Capital in New York. Interview was very easy. Met five members of the group and was mostly about fit questions.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Contacted to attend an info session of a resume drop. Info session was followed by networking, and from the networking they selected candidates for an interview - mine ended up being by phone due to location.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about X. Every question was tailored to my resume. Completely behavioral.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

First went through a personal interview, then a phone interview. Was then flown up to NY and had a dinner one evening, then 5 interviews the next day. One interview was a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Many behavioral questions. Most of the technical questions came from the case study. Know your fundamentals in accounting. Also be sure to know why investment banking.   Answer Question