Barclays Capital Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 27, 2014
Updated Apr 27, 2014

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

I was invited up to Barclays for the Diversity bootcamp, which is a 3 day program in which you learn about both Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. On the last day, I had a super day, where I met with 3 different MDs for 30min each. The first two interviews were behavioral and the third was technical but the technicals were markets-focused and seemed to test whether I keep up with the news and understand the basics of financial markets.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Typical on-campus recruiting process. I attended a lot of networking events and reached out to a lot of analysts and associates during the fall semester to get a first round interview. Networking is really important at Barclays, as well as being genuine and humble. Make sure to attend the reception dinner the day before to meet the VPs who will potentially be interviewing you. The on-campus interview was pretty standard. No really trick questions. The interview was about trying to find a good fit. My interview happened to be more behavioral than technical, though that isn't always the case.

Interview Questions
    • Why would a company choose to use equity over debt in an acquisition?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2013.

There are generally 2 rounds of interviews. The first is a single 30 minute interview. The second round is at least 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. These focus on a mix of technical questions and fit questions. The firm is keen on those who understand the culture and want to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Very efficient process, first round interview took place on campus and mostly consisted of behavioral questions. Second round at the office, and consisted of 3 interviews. There were basic technical questions and a few more advanced technical questions specific to my previous work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

After numerous diversity campus events and email exchanges, the recruiters invited a group of students to a dinner near my campus. After that i applied to the Investment Banking and Global markets Bookcamp; got accepted. After three days in the Bootcamp, and they offered all student an interview.

Interview Questions
    • - Whats your opinion in the European crises, and what would you do so solve it?

- Walk me through the 3 most important financial statements.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

First round interview on campus. One-on-one with Barcap VP. Some fit, but more technical. Passed through to second round via phone call from HR next day (late in day). Final round was following Monday, also on campus. Back to back interviews with senior personnel. Focused mainly on fit, conceptual understanding of finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

First round interview was very easy. They asked a couple simple math-related questions, and a few behavioral questions. Final round interview consisted of two interviews. The first was behavioral with easy questions, where I was told that being a summer intern in investment banking would be mostly working with powerpoint all summer and that I would be worse than just "at the bottom of the totem". The second interview had more difficult market-related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are given 200 balls: 100 white and 100 red. They are to be placed in 4 jars, then 1 jar is chosen randomly, and then 1 ball is randomly chosen from that jar. How do you divide the balls among the 4 jars to maximize the probability of drawing a red ball?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

They took us to the Four Seasons to get to know the recruiter and the interviewers. The interview consisted of two half hour sessions. The interviewers were extremely nice and friendly, but certainly misleading. I was told I had high chances by an interviewer who thought I was "extremely interesting," but did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

Barcap's representatives are very nice in general. If you have questions don't hesitate to reach out to them. I contacted one of our alumini and he actually called back and gave me a mock interview before I went to the actual one. On the interview, I was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume first. He jumped in when he saw some interesting parts. He did a lot of talking along way too, so time passed really fast. Also asked why investment banking. Also a stock pitch and two simple brain teasers. I was pretty lucky to have an easy interviewer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!