Barclays Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2011.

Interview Details – 30 mins Tech interview and 30 mins general conversation

Interview Question – Write a function to resolve n!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Vice President IT Interview

Assistant Vice President IT
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2011.

Interview Details – easy and a cake walk for any individual with minimum of knoeledge. ANyone taking your interview is below average.

Interview Question – Most difficult question: Explain embedded question lemma   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tedious

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three managers and a director one afternoon, about 30-45min each.

Interview Question – What is the Federal Funds rate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter set up the interview, interviewer was late but I had the opportunity to observe the working conditions etc... it was clear that there was very few people over 35 at their office. The interview was ver cordial but the recruriter the next day called and after telling me that I didn't get the position asked my age.
I told him and then I told him my observations which he agreed was most likely the real reason. Bottom line to me is if you are older than 30-35 don't take the trip to Jersey City.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work here?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital interview questions and advice in Jersey City, NJ. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.