Barclays Capital

3.3

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I applied online, then invited to the phone interview. There were only competency based questions. They are highly focused on their company value and ethics. Interview conducted by HR (or even outsourced). They won't explain the questions but will only repeat the questions for you. Last for 30 minutes and I was asked around 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you understand our company value?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

First stage is done via Online application and Online tests. If you passed it, you will be invited to a 30 mints telephone interview. It took me about a month till I was invited for an interview since I completed the online tests. The last stage is the Accessmen Center including numerical test and 1:1 interview. The very next day I got an offer but a few other people who were at the same accessment center got offers after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about your ethics and what you would feel in certain situations.
      E.g. How would you feel if your friend behave unethically?

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2014.

Online form first then online test. Telephone interview was strength-based so not too hard. Assessment centre was held in Marriot hotel starting with a group exercise and three interviews. Three interviews are all conducted by VPs, can be quite technical but mostly about personality and understanding of the business.

Client Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

2 stage process - 1 with hiring manager and 1 with dept head. Competency based interview and they asks questions to see if you fit within the team, e.g. what is your weakness? tell me a process improvement that you have made?

Interview Questions
    • Mainly competency focused and what i did in my previous roles.   Answer Question
    Negotiate a higher rate - the manager took off 10% once i signed the contract.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Submitted an application and got a response the same week. The following week got a telephone interview, which had the feel of a normal leadership, teamwork, etc. questions. However, recruiters are not allowed to paraphrase the question so you have to interpret it, as best as you can and give specific example. The following after the interview, I was invite to an AC with the same questions only a little bit more in-depth. In addition, there was a game where we had to make a 3x3 cube out of smaller cubes, ensuring that each side has the same colour. In addition, adjacent colours cannot be the same. After the AC got a call from the recruiter telling me I was successful. Very friendly and nice company culture, which tries to get the best of you. MAKE SURE YOU MENTION the values RISES ...

Interview Questions
    • How did you feel when a friend of yours acted unethically?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2014.

I got the interview via a recruiter. The process took one day. Interview was scheduled one week after the call. Some generic interview questions and then a some programming questions and exercises and some financial maths ones.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Standard application The Online Application Form, Online Numerical Reasoning Test, Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement) Then a telephone interview then assessment center

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a team? (This is hard as there is no context at all)   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Phone Interview- 15 minutes

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Very extensive online application, with multiple specific essays that have to be written. After online math and verbal reasoning tests, got a phone interview. It was a bad experience, the interviewer called late, laughed at some of my answers and never gave me feedback ...

Strategic Analytics FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I had an interview with HR-managers of the company. Among the questions asked were standard questions such as:
    1) Why finance?
    2) Why Barclays?
    3) Why this program?
    4) Why this division
    and a few situational questions (describe a situation where you showed your leadership)

Interview Questions
    • In each example I provided I was asked to tell which aspects of this situation I liked the most and the least.   Answer Question