Barclays Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview has two rounds: one with the hiring manager and another one with director. Both have technical and people questions.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2011.

Interview Details – A headhunter sent my CV to BarCap. Few days later I got an email from the headhunter saying that the Market Risk Engineering team at BarCap wants to see me.

I had 2 interviews, both of them were 1 on 1. Both were technical.

I come from a Quant background and have no experience with VaR (Value at Risk). That's probably why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the different ways that you can calculate VaR (Value at Risk).   View Answers (2)
  • Tell me the different types of VaR that you know.   View Answer
  • Discuss the flaws of Black-Scholes.   View Answers (2)
  • How do you decide which discount curve to use when valuing future cash flows of financial instruments (bonds, IRS,...)?   View Answer
  • How do you calculate non-linear VaR.   Answer Question

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!