Barclays Capital Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Oct 1, 2014

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions
    Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

IBD, Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Barclays HR actively goes to various schools for campus recruitment, especially in the tristate area. Interested candidates can fill out the application and submit their resume online. Cover letter is optional. Shortlisted candidates will have a first round interview on campus with two VPs, usually they last for about 30 min each. If the campus interviews go well, Barclays will invite the selected candidates to New York for onsite interviews. There are a total of 3 rounds, and they last around 30-45min each.

Interview Questions
    • If a user finds an error in your application, you have tried many times yet still unable to find it. What do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiations as grad salaries are standard across the bank

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Apply for Ops. through the finance and ops boot camp. 2 intense days with around 25 other candidates with study case, speakers, group projects etc. On the third day 2 interviews back to back at the nyc office, the questions were mostly behavioral and basic knowledge of Dood-Frank , markets, why an investment bank etc

Vice President PMO Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Was called 3 separate times for interviews, met with 7 interviewers, a combination of external consultants and internal senior management. This was over a 6 week period. Presentation and execution of interviews was on point with excellent feedback received. Based on the positive feedback received I was lead to believe that an offer would be presented. In the end, the position was given to an internal referral that was not even part of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult if you know the subject matter and have had prior senior level execution of managing and creating a PMO.   Answer Question

Economics Research Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone interview and then in person on site interview where you meet the entire team. Everyone is very nice but you are talking about yourself all day for very long hours. The position only last for a few years until you leave to get a graduate degree or something. Tight knit small team, the leaders of the teams have PhD's.... they have had past analysts leave to go be analysts at other parts of Barclays Bank, like Equity research. But basically the position is pretty open and they are clear about it.

Interview Questions
    • Given this macro climate force, what happens to interest rates, and the market? Tell me about your economics courses and your mathematics courses? What's your favorite math course? What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

The recruiter and interviewers are very friendly. They just went through my resume and asked questions from it. One is technical and asked some basic algorithm and probability questions. One is behavioral and some easy coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Was interviewed by two VP's. One technical interview and one HR + technical. First interviewer was not responding to my answers and was just shooting a lot of questions on Java, DBMS and Finance. The second interviewer was nice and asked questions about Multithreading and SQL. All HR questions were same what you will have at a bank. Did not like the way the interview. Even thought I answered all questions correctly they rejected me. Don't know what they want.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

After phone call for pre screening I was scheduled for an interview day in NY. I interviewed with four separate people in New York in four half-hour sessions spread across two locations--Times Sq. and the Met buildings. Three weeks later I received another call from campus recruiting, offering me a position with their firm.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had an altercation with a peer or elder in which you struggled to come to a resolution? Indicate the steps you took to overcome it   Answer Question