Barclays Capital Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

110 interviews

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IBD, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Barclays HR actively goes to various schools for campus recruitment, especially in the tristate area. Interested candidates can fill out the application and submit their resume online. Cover letter is optional. Shortlisted candidates will have a first round interview on campus with two VPs, usually they last for about 30 min each. If the campus interviews go well, Barclays will invite the selected candidates to New York for onsite interviews. There are a total of 3 rounds, and they last around 30-45min each.

Interview Questions
    • If a user finds an error in your application, you have tried many times yet still unable to find it. What do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiations as grad salaries are standard across the bank

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Apply for Ops. through the finance and ops boot camp. 2 intense days with around 25 other candidates with study case, speakers, group projects etc. On the third day 2 interviews back to back at the nyc office, the questions were mostly behavioral and basic knowledge of Dood-Frank , markets, why an investment bank etc

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

I was invited up to Barclays for the Diversity bootcamp, which is a 3 day program in which you learn about both Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. On the last day, I had a super day, where I met with 3 different MDs for 30min each. The first two interviews were behavioral and the third was technical but the technicals were markets-focused and seemed to test whether I keep up with the news and understand the basics of financial markets.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

HR /technology interview consisting of about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    Didn't really negotiate. I was satisfied with the terms of the offer.

Vice President IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2010.

five interviews - three with IT and two with business and operations. People were smart, energetic and very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage conflicts and what techniques do you use?   View Answer
    very difficult to negotiate with but I went through a headhunter and did get the base bumped up slightly

Vice President PMO Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Was called 3 separate times for interviews, met with 7 interviewers, a combination of external consultants and internal senior management. This was over a 6 week period. Presentation and execution of interviews was on point with excellent feedback received. Based on the positive feedback received I was lead to believe that an offer would be presented. In the end, the position was given to an internal referral that was not even part of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult if you know the subject matter and have had prior senior level execution of managing and creating a PMO.   Answer Question

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2011.

2 rounds - one with senior managers and one with co-workers

Got a call from HR and they made me an offer. I did not negotiate.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

1) Technical phone screen
    2) In person interview mainly regarding SQL and Fixed income products Swaps, Bonds and CD's

non negotiable.

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!