Barclays Capital Operations Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

25 interviews

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

They are more concerned about if your personality can fit in the team.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Applied online through barclays website. Application included 3 essay questions. Two weeks after that recieved a call to come in for a interview day. Had 3 1-on-1 interviews with different VPs. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Heard back 5 weeks later about offer.

N/A

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

I participated in the Finance and Operations Boot Camp, which is a 3-day event consisting of information sessions and networking events with senior managers and other analysts. I was able to learn more about the company, its Finance & Ops divisions, and its culture. Everyone was friendly and very enthusiastic about their job. On the last day of the event, I had two 1:1 interviews back to back - one with a VP and one with a Director. The interviewers didn't ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Be prepared to talk about yourself. Know your resume inside and out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Summer Internship turned into a full-time offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is LIBOR and what was it this morning?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2009.

The HR people were tough but you just have to get in their and keep up your confidence without letting the stern faces get to you. They are not bad people, it is just a part of their test to see how you do under pressure.
    You will go through two rounds of interviews and then they will let you know if you got the job or not. Not sure if this is the same for all people but this is how it went for me.

Interview Questions
    • I actually cannot remember that far back. The question I always have difficulty with is also the most simple one, "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question
    It was a non-negotiable offer but I did not try to negotiate either because it was pretty good for a first job out of college.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

apply online, numerical test and verbal test
    phone interview from singapore, 30 mins with 12 questions, strengths based interviews, no follow- up questions
    AC - 1. individual interview, 24 questions, strengh-based
             2. case study, with a presentation
             3. group excercise, a game required teamwork, and followed up with questions from interviers

Interview Questions
    • the game is quite difficult for me to understand, but luckily the teammates were very smart   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

straightforward, not much time to think. the interview was not really difficult a part from this two question that didn't really specify if it was needed an saver in term of banking/financial sector or a personal point of view, a part from that was a formal competency based interview,

Interview Questions
    • what does it means for you the word INCLUSION

What are the 3 most important things on the global agenda
        Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Extensive questions on teamwork and soft skills, hardly any questions regarding the actual job or technical details.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2013.

standard, online application,online tests, phone interview, AC

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2009.

I was interviewed as a contractor into the firm by 4 groups of people within Global Operations. They are from different operation groups like equities settlements, fixed income settlements, corporate actions etc. It was back to back 4 sessions, they understood that I was fresh from school hence the questions they asked are relatively straight-forward.

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!