Barclays Capital

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – They are more concerned about if your personality can fit in the team.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, just be yourself.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through barclays website. Application included 3 essay questions. Two weeks after that recieved a call to come in for a interview day. Had 3 1-on-1 interviews with different VPs. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Heard back 5 weeks later about offer.

Interview Question – What is Dodd-Frank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – I participated in the Finance and Operations Boot Camp, which is a 3-day event consisting of information sessions and networking events with senior managers and other analysts. I was able to learn more about the company, its Finance & Ops divisions, and its culture. Everyone was friendly and very enthusiastic about their job. On the last day of the event, I had two 1:1 interviews back to back - one with a VP and one with a Director. The interviewers didn't ask any technical questions.

Interview Question – None. Be prepared to talk about yourself. Know your resume inside and out.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Summer Internship turned into a full-time offer.

Interview Question – What is LIBOR and what was it this morning?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2009.

Interview Details – The HR people were tough but you just have to get in their and keep up your confidence without letting the stern faces get to you. They are not bad people, it is just a part of their test to see how you do under pressure.
You will go through two rounds of interviews and then they will let you know if you got the job or not. Not sure if this is the same for all people but this is how it went for me.

Interview Question – I actually cannot remember that far back. The question I always have difficulty with is also the most simple one, "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a non-negotiable offer but I did not try to negotiate either because it was pretty good for a first job out of college.

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details – apply online, numerical test and verbal test
phone interview from singapore, 30 mins with 12 questions, strengths based interviews, no follow- up questions
AC - 1. individual interview, 24 questions, strengh-based
         2. case study, with a presentation
         3. group excercise, a game required teamwork, and followed up with questions from interviers

Interview Question – the game is quite difficult for me to understand, but luckily the teammates were very smart   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

Interview Details – straightforward, not much time to think. the interview was not really difficult a part from this two question that didn't really specify if it was needed an saver in term of banking/financial sector or a personal point of view, a part from that was a formal competency based interview,

Interview Question – what does it means for you the word INCLUSION

What are the 3 most important things on the global agenda
  Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Interview Details – Extensive questions on teamwork and soft skills, hardly any questions regarding the actual job or technical details.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2013.

Interview Details – standard, online application,online tests, phone interview, AC

Interview Question – what 's your weakness   Answer Question

Singapore (South Africa)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed as a contractor into the firm by 4 groups of people within Global Operations. They are from different operation groups like equities settlements, fixed income settlements, corporate actions etc. It was back to back 4 sessions, they understood that I was fresh from school hence the questions they asked are relatively straight-forward.

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!