Barclays Capital Project Manager Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2010.

Recruiter set up the interview, interviewer was late but I had the opportunity to observe the working conditions etc... it was clear that there was very few people over 35 at their office. The interview was ver cordial but the recruriter the next day called and after telling me that I didn't get the position asked my age.
I told him and then I told him my observations which he agreed was most likely the real reason. Bottom line to me is if you are older than 30-35 don't take the trip to Jersey City.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Recruiter called and asked me to submit CV. Recruiter and I reworked the CV to ensure it more closely highlighted my relevant skill set and experience.
    Onsite interview closely followed. The interview was with two individuals; one would have been a peer, the other a matrix manager.
    They asked many questions about my experiences in Banking, project management, requirement identification and managing customer complaints.

Interview Questions
    • Do you remember a time when the customer's qualifications were unclear and you had to start the process over   View Answer

Required travel and length of assignment

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2008.

I had applied for a Manager.
    It started with an initial phone interview. I was assessed about my domain knowledge and a bit of technical expertise.
    I was then sent a Brainbench skills test, which was at a difficult level. Then followed another Group/Panel Interview which was again technical. After this I had a 1:1 with a Director, who assessed my domain knowledge, my investment banking knowledge, team spirit etc.
    The overall process was very slow. It took them atleast 3 weeks after the last interview to send me the offer letter..

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate at all. Though many of my friends have been able to negotiate to some extent if they came through external consultants.

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!