Barclays Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process goes as follows:
15 minute general interview
2x face to face interview

Very professional and very well mannered people. They'll look at your CV and ask question on the projects you've worked on before

Interview Question – The most difficult question is about the technical expertise one has had and the effort it took to accomplish goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation as the offer was more than enough

Product Control Interview

Product Control

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2014.

Interview Details – Two interviews - initial interview predominantly around softer skills (if you were in this scenario, what would you do)and second interview was more technical based (such as describe how an interest rate swap works, what are the accounting entries for an interest rate swap)

Interview Question – Technical knowledge about derivatives and commodities market   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was handled by the recruiter

Assistant Vice President - IT Interview

Assistant Vice President - IT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2011.

Interview Details – They expect you to be the best subject matter expert. For a developer, you will be asked textbook concepts plus some critical thinking. Don't worry, you won't use them once you're in.

Interview Question – When do you use indexing?   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Market Risk Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview has two rounds: one with the hiring manager and another one with director. Both have technical and people questions.

Assistant Vice President - IT Interview

Assistant Vice President - IT
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process is fast as it takes only a day. Met the peer, hiring manager and also the hiring manager boss on the same day

Interview Question – Nothing difficult if you are a technical person   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a good package, hence no negotiations is required

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2010.

Interview Details – Quick initial interview which was very basic and not very challenging. Was told that I got the job but there was a company restructure so hiring was on hold for 2 months. Came back to me 2 months later with another interview and landed the job.

Interview Question – Nothing really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation done via an agent

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – The entire hiring and interview process takes easily 3 to 5 months. Decision-making takes considerable time, before progressing to next stage. Have patience.

Intern Interview

Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, complete a questionnaire
Complete numerical and verbal assessment
First round competency interview

Interview Question – Do you feel that you are a fast learner? Have anyone at any occasion commented you are a fast learner?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview is given by a lady from the department (V.P), asked about your strengths and weaknesses and some of the previous experiences you have from working as a team.

After passing the phone interview, move to a AC day with 3 different rounds. One of it was a one to two (v.p) interview asking about your previous experiences and how you feel you can aid the firm, where do you see yourself in the next 5 years and why are you so sure this i what you want. Another round was a teamwork game where you have to work in a group and solve a puzzle (learn to be a facilitator) and last but not least a interview with another 2 v.p.s to discuss prioritisation of a list of things to do.

Interview Question – What makes you so sure this is what you want?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview mostly asked about my experience in school and what I put on my resume. There was questions on what background I knew about Barclays Capital.
As I was joining as a graduate, there was not much technical questions. It was mostly situational questions.

There was a phone interview first, following by 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was on situational test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was within my expection so I took it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital interview questions and advice in Singapore. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.