Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital
- Summer Analyst (27)
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst (24)
- Operations Analyst (24)
- Analyst (22)
- Technology Analyst (20)
- Summer Technology Analyst (17)
- Software Developer (13)
- Assistant Vice President (11)
- Intern (11)
- Finance Analyst (10)
- Quantitative Analyst (8)
- Investment Banking Analyst (8)
- Vice President (8)
- Credit Risk Analyst (7)
- Trader (6)
- Quantitative Associate (6)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Human Resources Analyst (5)
- Summer Intern (4)
- IT Analyst (4)
- Software Engineer (4)
- Technology Summer Analyst (4)
- Sales and Trading Summer Analyst (4)
- IBD Summer Analyst (4)
- Trading Analyst (3)
- Risk Analyst (3)
- Assistant Vice President - IT (3)
- Senior Software Developer (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Assistant Vice President, IT (3)
Software Development Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2013.
I received an email from corporate recruiter after my online application and set up a call for a phone screening. The job was located in NYC but the hiring manager was located in England.
The whole experience was awkward as he was 15 mins late (which he apologized for) and had a really thick Indian accent and I had to make him repeat himself so many times during the call. On the top his accent, since the call is scheduled on a Friday afternoon EST and that corresponds to Friday night in England, his tone was a bit unwilling and forced to do this.
The technical questions were straight forward and there were some behavioral questions and some of them I could not understand at all.
We had to stop at some point since it was obvious this was not gonna work.
- Nothing unexpected....Questions around Agile, Java, and Behaviral Answer Question