Barclays Capital

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.1

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

First round interview: On campus
1. Why do you want to be a trader
Second round interview: Barcap NY office
- Two 30 min interview
  First: Behavioral Interview
  Second: Some mental math / probability
                Simple questions about market

Interview process is very straightforward. As long as you can explain why interested in trading, you will easily pass on to the final round

Interview Questions
  • 1. Estimate sqaure root of 1000
    2. What do you think is the most important

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2014.

Applied through the online application. First round consisted of two skype interviews with a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Second round was mostly technical and "why Barclays" questions. Final round takes place in New York

Interviewers were friendly and encouraging. HR was responsive and very polite. Good experience overall.

Summer Analyst Interview

Starts with resume drop. Then, first round was a 30 min fit interview. Second round was three 30 minute interviews. One stock pitch, one technical (financial statements etc), one behavioral.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Summer Analyst Interview

Why you? Why sales and Trading? WHy Barclyas? Why do you like emerging markets? What is going on in the markets?

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online and networked with college alumni. Application was a long process. Asked three questions that took about 300 words to answer. Among them were: why investment banking, a recent banking news, and what differentiates Barclay's. Got called back for 2 interviews. Were mostly fit questions. They asked you to walk through a DCF.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Two interview, one is behavior and the second is technical.
    Technical part is not too much technique, asking questions about sorting, maths, networking

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I saw the job posting on the careers website at my school. I applied and the next day I had a 30 minute phone interview with a first year analyst. Basic questions: why Barclays, what can you offer, tell me about the company, tell me about yourself. No technical questions. 4 days later invited to a superday in their New York offices, for 2 days after that. There were 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with everyone from analysts, to VPs, to MDs. 2 were behavioral and 2 were technical. Again, nothing unexpected. Basic accounting questions, bond math, asked about my view of the market, and to tell them about something I had recently read in the WSJ. 4 days after that I got a call extending me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Basic accounting questions, bond math, asked about my view of the market, and to tell them about something I had recently read in the WSJ.   Answer Question
    Very Very competitive pay with a reallocation allowance. No need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

Very Casual. My first round interview consisted simply of a conversation about myself. There were no technical questions or anything like that. Some fit stuff such as "Why do you want to work here" or "what position do you see yourself holding here in the future." Take all of this with a grain of salt because I go to an Ivy where the interview process is notoriously more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you saw in the markets today - what effect do you think it will have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Very nice. First she went over CV questions, general fit questions. Then continued on with more specific questions. Asked if I had 100k how I would invest it.