Barclays Capital

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Question – The technical question, I didn't really get it then.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details – Why you? Why sales and Trading? WHy Barclyas? Why do you like emerging markets? What is going on in the markets?

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Applied online and networked with college alumni. Application was a long process. Asked three questions that took about 300 words to answer. Among them were: why investment banking, a recent banking news, and what differentiates Barclay's. Got called back for 2 interviews. Were mostly fit questions. They asked you to walk through a DCF.

Interview Question – Walking through a DCF in a detailed manner.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through my college career center. I didn't hear back, so I emailed the hiring manager personally. I was able to get the interview that way. I had a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview, then a super day. Found out the next day after the super day.

Interview Question – What does family mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase for summer internships.

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Two interview, one is behavior and the second is technical.
Technical part is not too much technique, asking questions about sorting, maths, networking

Interview Question – not too hard   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – I saw the job posting on the careers website at my school. I applied and the next day I had a 30 minute phone interview with a first year analyst. Basic questions: why Barclays, what can you offer, tell me about the company, tell me about yourself. No technical questions. 4 days later invited to a superday in their New York offices, for 2 days after that. There were 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with everyone from analysts, to VPs, to MDs. 2 were behavioral and 2 were technical. Again, nothing unexpected. Basic accounting questions, bond math, asked about my view of the market, and to tell them about something I had recently read in the WSJ. 4 days after that I got a call extending me the offer.

Interview Question – Basic accounting questions, bond math, asked about my view of the market, and to tell them about something I had recently read in the WSJ.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very Very competitive pay with a reallocation allowance. No need to negotiate.

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2011.

Interview Details – 30 mins Tech interview and 30 mins general conversation

Interview Question – Write a function to resolve n!   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very Casual. My first round interview consisted simply of a conversation about myself. There were no technical questions or anything like that. Some fit stuff such as "Why do you want to work here" or "what position do you see yourself holding here in the future." Take all of this with a grain of salt because I go to an Ivy where the interview process is notoriously more conversational.

Interview Question – Tell me about something you saw in the markets today - what effect do you think it will have?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice. First she went over CV questions, general fit questions. Then continued on with more specific questions. Asked if I had 100k how I would invest it.

Interview Question – If you had 100k how would you invest it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – I first had to do some standard numerical and verbal reasoning tests online and then got an email 3 weeks later saying I had a first stage telephone interview. Initially they couldn't connect to my phone so we had to reschedule it a week later. I thought the interview went well but didn't get through to the next round so obviously something didn't go quite right!

Interview Question – Have you ever had to do something that goes against your morals?   View Answer

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!