Barclays Capital

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.6

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2012.

Scheduled for an on-campus test. The on-campus test consisted of mental ability and quantitative questions. They were difficult and the time was low. Calculators allowed, but I did not know that. Was at a disadvantage. Was able to finish in time. Shortlisted for a 'hiring center' test. Consisted of two case interviews. Had to present in front of four directors in a team of 6 people. There was a group consensus required. Called for a further 2 interviews the next day. Largely technical and skill based. Had one interview where behavioral questions were asked

Interview Questions
  • What must an Android application have for it to go viral   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

HR /technology interview consisting of about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    Didn't really negotiate. I was satisfied with the terms of the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

The recruiter and interviewers are very friendly. They just went through my resume and asked questions from it. One is technical and asked some basic algorithm and probability questions. One is behavioral and some easy coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Was interviewed by two VP's. One technical interview and one HR + technical. First interviewer was not responding to my answers and was just shooting a lot of questions on Java, DBMS and Finance. The second interviewer was nice and asked questions about Multithreading and SQL. All HR questions were same what you will have at a bank. Did not like the way the interview. Even thought I answered all questions correctly they rejected me. Don't know what they want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

I applied through our university career services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting. attended the superday. Interviewed at Barcap NY office. 1 tech round. 1 behavior round. 1 hr round. 30 mins each for the first two round. 15 mins for the hr round. People are really nice. The hr people great me at the front door and led me to the interviewers. The interviewers would lead me back. Relaxed working environment. The tech interviewer will ask some really easy questions like "what do you like about technology" to calm you down. And will then ask some basic OOP or algorithm questions. Then some networking or system infrastructure questions. Other times it was mostly conversational. The interviewer really try to understand if you really want to do this or not. So be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about very detailed questions about past experiences in the tech round. Be prepared for anything. Nothing really unexpected though.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Applied Online.
    Phone Interview and In person interview in New York, NY

Interview Questions
    • Asked about certain Business Cases based on my past experience   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offer pretty good package

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I applied through my university career website. Interview process comprised of half an hour technical interview, half an hour behavioural interview and 10-15 minutes HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about optional derivatives.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Went through the logical and numerical tests. Got a phone Interview with a very nice woman who was willing to make me feel comfortable. It was a strengths-based interview with questions on teamwork, relationships in a team, dealing with large projects... etc
    Then I was invited to the Assessment Center. We were about 10 summer/graduate applicants. 2 groups were made.
    - Group task : assembling sort of a rubik's cube with certain constraints
    - Strengths-Based Interview pretty much like the phone interview
    - Technical Interview with questions on projects I had completed, data structures, software developping processes etc

Interview Questions
    • What are Barclays' values and strategy?   View Answer
    No Negociation