Barclays Capital

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Interview Details – Only one round, on campus. I interviewed with two VPs, and it was a very friendly, relaxed half-hour interview. I was notified the next morning of my offer and given two weeks to respond. The interview itself was mostly fit questions. The only programming-oriented question was to describe (not write) a program that would find the area under a curve. They did ask what my knowledge was on the financial industry, but I think it was mostly out of curiosity, rather than an aim at assessment.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details – Since it was an interview for Technology Summer Analyst, I had only one round which included both Technical and Behavioral questions. I had a feel good factor after the interview which was the best part. The interview had a Resume map and I was asked about more about my leadership skills.

Interview Question – What frustrates you the most?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the logical and numerical tests. Got a phone Interview with a very nice woman who was willing to make me feel comfortable. It was a strengths-based interview with questions on teamwork, relationships in a team, dealing with large projects... etc
Then I was invited to the Assessment Center. We were about 10 summer/graduate applicants. 2 groups were made.
- Group task : assembling sort of a rubik's cube with certain constraints
- Strengths-Based Interview pretty much like the phone interview
- Technical Interview with questions on projects I had completed, data structures, software developping processes etc

Interview Question – What are Barclays' values and strategy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negociation

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Online Tests
One round of phone interview
Assessment Center with one behavioral interview, one technical interview, one group discussion and an individual presentation

Interview Question – Some weird behavioral questions like managing relationships, ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Got invited for the Assessment Centre which consisted of a group exercise, an individual exercise, one individual strengths based interview and one technical interview. Prior to this, I completed one numerical test and one logical reasoning test before getting a telephone interview.

Interview Question – 1. Give me an example of a complex piece of problem you solved and what data structures you used?
2. Give me an example when you developed an algorithm and what performance metrics you carried out?
3. What are the typical stages in software development?

There wasn't a lot unexpected questions and the pace at which they fired questions at you was fast which means you really have to think on your feet fast.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details – The interview was only one round. Two sessions with two different people. Each session was about 30 mins. And the questions asked were majorly behavior questions.

Interview Question – most questions were expected and not difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. Both of them had behavioral questions. How do you work in a team? How do you handle conflict in team work? How will you describe yourself? Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Other questions were based on the resume, previous work experience, what kind of projects did I work on? Why am I applying to a bank?

Summer Technology Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a very basic behavioral interview with just one question about programming. They asked me to write a pseudo code for find the factorial of a number.

Technology Summer Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

Interview Details – I have submitted my resume through campus career services. I got a call for a 1:1 interview after 2-3 weeks of submission. Interview was taken by VP's of the information technology branch. It was not a technical interview. They asked about some finance terms as well as asked about my resume. There were many behavioral questions too.

2) what is the difference between liquid assets and commodity ?
3) Why not facebook , google why barclays?
4) tell pros and cons of working in big teams.

Interview Question – 1) If you are traveling from one city to another and you want to go by cheapest way, how will you go?   View Answers (2)

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted on 2 consecutive days. The first interaction comprised of group activity, in which all the participating students were divided into groups of 5 and 1) a list of 20 tasks was given. The group had to prioritize 5 tasks based on the interest of the group. 2) a technical problem faced by the Barclay's capital should be discussed and the group had to arrive at a feasible/most economic solution. In the second interaction, the shortlisted students were invited to a personal interview in which questions regarding team work, getting things done, ability to learn new techniques, financial awareness, technical skills were asked.

Interview Question – The case study(group activity) was regarding a system which faced problems with high file size upload and file transfer. Such high technical stuff was totally unexpected.   View Answer