Barclays Capital Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.6

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

They recruited me well (female CS major with high gpa) and from the start had personal communication ongoing before and after the interview process. I was able to be very honest when turning down the offer simply because I did not intend to move to New York so a New York internship wasn't my first choice and an offer I had elsewhere was in my home city. The interview wasn't particularly technical..mostly trying to see how you think and react to proposed situations and then behavioral questions. Positive experience and very much liked their culture/people from what I saw.

Interview Questions
  • How would you classify these shapes? (triangle square and rectangle shown)   View Answer

Needed to be in home city for the summer.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Only one round, on campus. I interviewed with two VPs, and it was a very friendly, relaxed half-hour interview. I was notified the next morning of my offer and given two weeks to respond. The interview itself was mostly fit questions. The only programming-oriented question was to describe (not write) a program that would find the area under a curve. They did ask what my knowledge was on the financial industry, but I think it was mostly out of curiosity, rather than an aim at assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Why an investment bank, rather than a software firm?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in ten years?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a preference of Technology division that you would like to work in?   Answer Question
    • What kind of role do you typically play within a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Since it was an interview for Technology Summer Analyst, I had only one round which included both Technical and Behavioral questions. I had a feel good factor after the interview which was the best part. The interview had a Resume map and I was asked about more about my leadership skills.

Not much to negotiate.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Went through the logical and numerical tests. Got a phone Interview with a very nice woman who was willing to make me feel comfortable. It was a strengths-based interview with questions on teamwork, relationships in a team, dealing with large projects... etc
    Then I was invited to the Assessment Center. We were about 10 summer/graduate applicants. 2 groups were made.
    - Group task : assembling sort of a rubik's cube with certain constraints
    - Strengths-Based Interview pretty much like the phone interview
    - Technical Interview with questions on projects I had completed, data structures, software developping processes etc

Interview Questions
    • What are Barclays' values and strategy?   View Answer
    No Negociation

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Online Tests
    One round of phone interview
    Assessment Center with one behavioral interview, one technical interview, one group discussion and an individual presentation

Interview Questions
    • Some weird behavioral questions like managing relationships, ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Got invited for the Assessment Centre which consisted of a group exercise, an individual exercise, one individual strengths based interview and one technical interview. Prior to this, I completed one numerical test and one logical reasoning test before getting a telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Give me an example of a complex piece of problem you solved and what data structures you used?
      2. Give me an example when you developed an algorithm and what performance metrics you carried out?
      3. What are the typical stages in software development?

There wasn't a lot unexpected questions and the pace at which they fired questions at you was fast which means you really have to think on your feet fast.
        Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

The interview was only one round. Two sessions with two different people. Each session was about 30 mins. And the questions asked were majorly behavior questions.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

There were two interviews. Both of them had behavioral questions. How do you work in a team? How do you handle conflict in team work? How will you describe yourself? Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
    Other questions were based on the resume, previous work experience, what kind of projects did I work on? Why am I applying to a bank?

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2012.

It was a very basic behavioral interview with just one question about programming. They asked me to write a pseudo code for find the factorial of a number.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2012.

I have submitted my resume through campus career services. I got a call for a 1:1 interview after 2-3 weeks of submission. Interview was taken by VP's of the information technology branch. It was not a technical interview. They asked about some finance terms as well as asked about my resume. There were many behavioral questions too.

2) what is the difference between liquid assets and commodity ?
    3) Why not facebook , google why barclays?
    4) tell pros and cons of working in big teams.

Interview Questions
    • 1) If you are traveling from one city to another and you want to go by cheapest way, how will you go?   View Answers (2)