Barclays Capital Technology Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
20 interviews

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Barclays HR actively goes to various schools for campus recruitment, especially in the tristate area. Interested candidates can fill out the application and submit their resume online. Cover letter is optional. Shortlisted candidates will have a first round interview on campus with two VPs, usually they last for about 30 min each. If the campus interviews go well, Barclays will invite the selected candidates to New York for onsite interviews. There are a total of 3 rounds, and they last around 30-45min each.

Interview Questions
  • If a user finds an error in your application, you have tried many times yet still unable to find it. What do you do?   View Answer
No negotiations as grad salaries are standard across the bank

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2010.

First I applied using college career website. I got my first interview on campus and they asked what I did and my GPA. They looked at my project that I worked on and what I was interested in. After that they call me in New York branch for 4 interviews. This was just repeating same thing over and over what you do and what do you like about computers. Hardest computer related question I got was what is CPU?

Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Since it was on campus it was mostly behavioural questions with two or three technical questions thrown in throughout the process.. This was followed by a phone interview about three days after the interview. They grill on the resume so make sure that ou can explain convincingly on any point mentioned in your resume. Technical questions seem to be from the qualifications on the resume as well

I had a better offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Campus Recruitment.
    2 interviews of 30 mins each.
    Some behavorial. Some technical. Some finance.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you angry?   Answer Question
    • Some concepts on OOP like private static member class then how to create it's instance, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2010.

It was mostly about Resume with some technical questions and a basic finance. 4 1:1 interviews

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

I interviewed by two people. One asked me all the behavior questions. One asked me all the tech questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

the interview lasts for about one hour, first go over the resumes,
    questions like which one is your favorite project is asked.
    and then I was asked some behavior questions, like have you
    encountered some problems when doing a team project.
    how did you resolve it.
    and some basic financial questions,
    like what do you know about stocks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

At first they started off with some technical questions such as some java garbage collection and data structure questions. Most questions were not so difficult if you know what you're doing. After that, behavioral questions took about 20 minutes and two interviewers were very friendly and I felt comfortable throughout the whole interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2011.

I had 3 1:1 interviews. It was very strict. The interviewers have a list of questions that they need to go through. Most of the interviewers are not very personable and it was hard to build personal connection with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Barclays has come on campus to hire people. There were resume based questions and technical questions. Questions were about algorithms and data structures.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a data structure for phone numbers in a particular area.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation for fresh graduates

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!