Barclays Capital

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Barclays HR actively goes to various schools for campus recruitment, especially in the tristate area. Interested candidates can fill out the application and submit their resume online. Cover letter is optional. Shortlisted candidates will have a first round interview on campus with two VPs, usually they last for about 30 min each. If the campus interviews go well, Barclays will invite the selected candidates to New York for onsite interviews. There are a total of 3 rounds, and they last around 30-45min each.

Interview Question – If a user finds an error in your application, you have tried many times yet still unable to find it. What do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as grad salaries are standard across the bank

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied using college career website. I got my first interview on campus and they asked what I did and my GPA. They looked at my project that I worked on and what I was interested in. After that they call me in New York branch for 4 interviews. This was just repeating same thing over and over what you do and what do you like about computers. Hardest computer related question I got was what is CPU?

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Since it was on campus it was mostly behavioural questions with two or three technical questions thrown in throughout the process.. This was followed by a phone interview about three days after the interview. They grill on the resume so make sure that ou can explain convincingly on any point mentioned in your resume. Technical questions seem to be from the qualifications on the resume as well

Interview Question – Why did you choose to shift your field   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment.
2 interviews of 30 mins each.
Some behavorial. Some technical. Some finance.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was mostly about Resume with some technical questions and a basic finance. 4 1:1 interviews

Interview Question – Why Barclays?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed by two people. One asked me all the behavior questions. One asked me all the tech questions.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Interview Details – the interview lasts for about one hour, first go over the resumes,
questions like which one is your favorite project is asked.
and then I was asked some behavior questions, like have you
encountered some problems when doing a team project.
how did you resolve it.
and some basic financial questions,
like what do you know about stocks.

Interview Question – How do you convince other people to accept your idea.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details – At first they started off with some technical questions such as some java garbage collection and data structure questions. Most questions were not so difficult if you know what you're doing. After that, behavioral questions took about 20 minutes and two interviewers were very friendly and I felt comfortable throughout the whole interview.

Interview Question – Why is String immutable in Java?   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 1:1 interviews. It was very strict. The interviewers have a list of questions that they need to go through. Most of the interviewers are not very personable and it was hard to build personal connection with them.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details – Barclays has come on campus to hire people. There were resume based questions and technical questions. Questions were about algorithms and data structures.

Interview Question – Describe a data structure for phone numbers in a particular area.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for fresh graduates

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!