Barclays Capital Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

HR /technology interview consisting of about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
Didn't really negotiate. I was satisfied with the terms of the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

The recruiter and interviewers are very friendly. They just went through my resume and asked questions from it. One is technical and asked some basic algorithm and probability questions. One is behavioral and some easy coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Was interviewed by two VP's. One technical interview and one HR + technical. First interviewer was not responding to my answers and was just shooting a lot of questions on Java, DBMS and Finance. The second interviewer was nice and asked questions about Multithreading and SQL. All HR questions were same what you will have at a bank. Did not like the way the interview. Even thought I answered all questions correctly they rejected me. Don't know what they want.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

I applied through our university career services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting. attended the superday. Interviewed at Barcap NY office. 1 tech round. 1 behavior round. 1 hr round. 30 mins each for the first two round. 15 mins for the hr round. People are really nice. The hr people great me at the front door and led me to the interviewers. The interviewers would lead me back. Relaxed working environment. The tech interviewer will ask some really easy questions like "what do you like about technology" to calm you down. And will then ask some basic OOP or algorithm questions. Then some networking or system infrastructure questions. Other times it was mostly conversational. The interviewer really try to understand if you really want to do this or not. So be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about very detailed questions about past experiences in the tech round. Be prepared for anything. Nothing really unexpected though.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Applied Online.
    Phone Interview and In person interview in New York, NY

Interview Questions
    • Asked about certain Business Cases based on my past experience   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offer pretty good package

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

I applied through my university career website. Interview process comprised of half an hour technical interview, half an hour behavioural interview and 10-15 minutes HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about optional derivatives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

The application was a long and detailed one.They ask questions initially to screen your interest in investment banking and finance field.Then if you get selected,will call you for an in person interview(as in my case ) because Barclays was recruiting on campus for me.

Two interviews were conducted withing a time frame of an hour-1.Technical interview 2.HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Few codes which I couldn't recollect at the moment in technical round.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

First round on-campus interview. There were 3 1-on-1 interviews in this round.

The first one was behavioral and walked through my resume. He was very enthusiastic.

The second one was droning and then looking at his phone for most of the interview and me to ask questions until I was done.

Got my decision by email about 20 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was a brain teaser... the Die Hard With a Vengeance water jug question: You're following riddles all around New York, and one tells you to fill a jug with exactly 4 gallons of water to defuse a bomb using only a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon jug.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

They recruited me well (female CS major with high gpa) and from the start had personal communication ongoing before and after the interview process. I was able to be very honest when turning down the offer simply because I did not intend to move to New York so a New York internship wasn't my first choice and an offer I had elsewhere was in my home city. The interview wasn't particularly technical..mostly trying to see how you think and react to proposed situations and then behavioral questions. Positive experience and very much liked their culture/people from what I saw.

Interview Questions
    • How would you classify these shapes? (triangle square and rectangle shown)   View Answer

Needed to be in home city for the summer.

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!